User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default DDO is going free to play

i have never played this mmo, but i might give it a try once it is free.

http://content.turbine.com/pages/www...gnup/index.php

I got into the Closed Beta like 2 weeks before it becomes F2P, so I got to try the game out to get a feel of it. They also gave me $19 worth of in-game store credit. (1500 Turbine Points)

let me just say, if you're looking for a Free to Play MMO, remember that this was (and still is) a product that sold on the shelf, and will see a breath of new life as soon as it goes F2P. As a F2P character, you are initially limited to lvl 4 unless you find an item that allows you to go to 8, and so forth. Players who pay for items or VIP don't have an extreme advantage as compared to F2P players, however, it is possible to earn in-game store credit by playing the game.

I recommend you play it for at least a week to see if you like it or not. I will be playing when it goes F2P. So PM me if you want to play.

I did an announcement post about the F2P launch back when it was announced; greatly looking forward to this as someone who has played the game on-and-off since it originally came out.

I was actually writing up a nice pitch for the game compiled with a "Beginner's Guide" to help get people started with a bit more detail than the 1-2 sentences of vague info the beta downloader gives. I was moving to finish it up so I could post it August 5th here to prepare for the August 6th launch...

But it was just delayed until September 9th, so I have plenty of time to work on that.

@Dorm: I have a level 8 cleric, level 11 wizard, and level 6 barbarian-tank on Thelanis already if you haven't picked a live server.

I think Akisohoda is currently a VIP and playing on live servers, dunno which one he's on though.
    IT HAS A FRICKIN' GAMEBOY SOLO

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder

ROOOOOOOOOOOAR

Looks kinda cool. What are the system requirements for the game?? Also are the server's lively or kinda empty? Really looking for a good MMO to play

Quote Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
    Same reason you leave wadded up tissues around your room...

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I did an announcement post about the F2P launch back when it was announced;
    Found it old buddy! Only on page 7.

http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86256
    Stumped the VG Screenshot Thread on 12/02/2008 (Only person to do so when it was active)

Retired. Thanks for a great 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateVillain View Post
    Looks kinda cool. What are the system requirements for the game?? Also are the server's lively or kinda empty? Really looking for a good MMO to play
    System requirements are quite low for some pretty decent-looking graphics. It's a lot more focused on art style than "omg textures." My computer's pretty bad (756mb RAM), and I don't have to play on lowest settings to be lag-free inside instances (hub zones like The Marketplace and The Harbor are still kinda laggy, but I think I'm at about mid-to-high on the graphics.)

The servers are (from what I last saw) just a bit short of players to be at a really fun/accetpable level, but once the game goes F2P I can imagine the servers are going to get the boost in players they need.
    IT HAS A FRICKIN' GAMEBOY SOLO

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder

ROOOOOOOOOOOAR

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I did an announcement post about the F2P launch back when it was announced; greatly looking forward to this as someone who has played the game on-and-off since it originally came out.

I was actually writing up a nice pitch for the game compiled with a "Beginner's Guide" to help get people started with a bit more detail than the 1-2 sentences of vague info the beta downloader gives. I was moving to finish it up so I could post it August 5th here to prepare for the August 6th launch...

But it was just delayed until September 9th, so I have plenty of time to work on that.

@Dorm: I have a level 8 cleric, level 11 wizard, and level 6 barbarian-tank on Thelanis already if you haven't picked a live server.

I think Akisohoda is currently a VIP and playing on live servers, dunno which one he's on though.
    I canceled my account to save money (I stop being VIP on the 14th) and I am on the server with the longest name..forgot the name off the top of my head.
    Bestiae sumus, ut non bestiae simus (Beasts we are, lest we beasts become)

I play League of Legends! Click here to let me recruit you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanbasten View Post
    is this game fun?
    Wait for it to go F2P and try it, none of us can give you a yes or no without it being biased.
    I, for one am gonna try this, out of sheer boredom perhaps but then again that's how I've found out most games are good.
    Iíve missed it, so twisted
    and unsurpassed in my head
    This sense of power has awakened in me
    I feel I could take on the world a day like this,
    my rage is brewing like a storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vanbasten View Post
    is this game fun?
    Played during the beta, wasn't all that impressed. I'd be willing to give it another shot tho

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast