User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FreakingHell View Post
    Now wait just a second; I need some clarification.

From gametracker...

#151. Blackmesa -- Average (past month): 15.5

#154. Warpath -- Average (past month): 16.6

Now, I don't really understand how gametracker does it's ratings, as a higher ranked server has a lower average. But Blackmesa still only outranks Warpath by 3 -- which is next to nothing, and, according to gametracker(Of course, I have no idea how accurate it really is), is generally more populated than Blackmesa.

So, I'm just wondering where the TF2 Leadership gets their statistics(a more reliable/accurate source than gametracker?), or how they came to the conclusion that Warpath in particular needs to step it up. I am in no way 'challenging' leadership, I have full faith that they're just doing what they feel is best for the division, I would just like some clarification or some more information.
    First i have to agree with this statement. That i dont see how Blackmesa can have a higher rating which makes me doubt Gametrackers stats database. I mean comon i almost always see blackmesa not full. With warpath if i try to get on anytime between 6- 10 pm MST i have to wait in line, sometimes more then 10-15 of waiting. Granted it has gone down a little bit recenlty but still i dont see how those kindof waiting times can relate to that low of a ranking on Gametracker. ok with that said since is mainly my reason for being here at EGO i will be sure to do all i can to get this servers rank up in due time.

I must say I feel that the reason warpath has allot less users has more to do with the constant lag spikes and disconnections from the server then the map itself. It gets extremely old playing on a server when the server lags for 5-30 seconds and this has been happening more and more over the last few months. Changing the map is not going to fix these problems, it will take dealing with the lag problems to get the map and server back to where it use to be.

And before someone blames my connection, when the lag spikes happen everyone on the server complains about it and depending on how bad it is everyone on the server may get disconnected.

Oh joy. There's now a password on Warpath.

I guess this means the server got the axe?

15 minutes after the Steam announcement, >
    Last edited by Arbitrary; 04-20-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Thank you, Lafinass, for producing this excellent signature !lol
    www.giantitp.com (The source of my other tag)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Oh joy. There's now a password on Warpath.

I guess this means the server got the axe?

15 minutes after the Steam announcement, >
    There isn't a password?

At least it doesn't ask me for one.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakingHell View Post
    There isn't a password?

At least it doesn't ask me for one.
    Ok... I'll be loading up TF2 again, and rechecking.
    Refresh shows it's gone. Huh. There was one about 4 minutes ago.

Thank you, Lafinass, for producing this excellent signature !lol
    www.giantitp.com (The source of my other tag)

Warpath is one of my favorite maps, if my hard drive didnt die 3 weeks ago, i'll probably play Warpath for hours... XP
    ( = ¬ = )૭
    |Gaia Online|YouTube|DeviantART|Steam|Twitter|Tumblr|Twitch|Discord: SkyHetalian#5284|

eGO member since 1/18/09.

I am always in warpath. It's great and there are a load of regulars who get together and play there. Some of them play warpath and that map only constantly on that particular server. Whenever there is a small game going I stop in we just get the server started up for the day, and people always fill it up within 20 minutes of playing. I never knew the server even had a traffic problem, it's almost always full when I join, sometimes I even have to wait a while to get in..

this is blowing my mind just a bit. my favorite server, by far my most played, and one which is consistently full during my optimum playing hours 7 pm to 4 am est. are these the only hours it sees action? i generally have to use autojoin to get in any time later in the evening.
    "happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - mahatma gandhi

Its a shame if we loose Warpath, cause its such an enjoyable map!
    =(eG)=™ [Typhus]: tryin to find out why my connection randomly drops
    =(eG)=™ [Typhus] is now Offline.

I'm going to presume that the traffic problem is more in the mornings. I often play in the mornings for an hour or less before going to class. Often I want to play warpath, but it is either empty, or the two players that are actually playing are just meleeing. I don't really want to spend the only hour I have just playing melee with 2 other people. This in mind, we as a clan really need to focus on getting the servers up and going as early as possible. My morning tf2 is usually just an effort to get a server population up and running. But hey, I like connecting to a server with 8 players and not leaving until it has 32.

SO I BEG OF YOU.

PLAY WARPATH IN THE MORNINGS!
    Von diesem Tage an war Nietzsche also staatsrechtlich kein Preusse und kein Deutscher mehr, sondern ... staatenlos, oder, wie der Terminus damals in der Schweiz lautete, heimatlos, was auf Nietzsche besonders zutrifft, und er blieb es... Er wurde und blieb Europäer.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast