User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1222

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDastardly View Post
    It didn't reach the goal that was set ahead so was replaced with the new PL race map that is sure to bump that servers rank.
    What upsets me about this situation is that Warpath didn't get a fair shot to survive. Multiple messages/ contacts had been made about the lag issues on this server over the past couple of months. The LAG was the single biggest reason the server could not sustain a higher ranking. New players would simply not stay or return to a laggy server. If the lag issue was resolved and the ranking did not improve, then I would have said that every effort was made.

Yes, EGO is about more than one map or one game. People piling on and criticizing each other for being or not being dedicated to EGO is not helping anything. Everyone needs to respect each other including those that did not play on the server much. You need to understand that people are very upset over this and stay out of it if you can't give constructive comments. Stirring the pot resolves nothing and just creates a bunch of resentment. EGO doesn't need that crap, with or without you or me. I am asking each of the Warpath regulars to try some other EGO maps while the Leadership evaluates their options and develops a final resolution. It helps nothing to scatter to the 4 winds and not support the very organization that supported Warpath for so long. To me, I owe EGO more than that regardless of whether I agree or disagree with this decision.

Hopefully, we can have a meeting or something to talk about this? If donations are able to increase enough to cover a Warpath server, then I am not sure why that would be a problem. There may be other options as well. Let's all just take a deep breath and remove the emotion from the discussion.

Purple/ Tattis someone else in the Leadership team, are you guys/ gals open to some options, suggestions?

Finally, i would like to thank Ack one more time for improving the map I love and making it better than ever. Thanks Ack, you are the man!
    Do you know the POWER OF WOO?

It's a shame that Warpath has to be taken down only because the "Gametracker rank" isn't high enough. It's going to disappoint many of our members and the regulars that all Warpathians see on that server. I always tried my best to help fill the server and the server always ended up filling up. But whatever, we as warpathians tried our best.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakely View Post
    I'm not even conSIDering leaving eGO-but I will play on other WARPATH maps outside of eGO.
    It just seems that there should be SOME way to keep this server-even if the rankings aren't that high-do rankings REALLY matter when they are so many people who so obviously LOVE this map/server/people?

eGO is a great clan, and we have great maps-I would donate SPECIFICALLY to help keep WARPATH available...

What about making weekends WARPATH and having a rotating server during the week with a variety of CP maps? Saturdays I usually get to play 4-8 hours while my partner is working, and I would almost always be found in WARPATH. Could that be a possibility? or what about the fun server that doesn't get alot of use except for special events? could we open up THAT server as a WARPATH map?

There HAS to be some happy compromise.....please?
    +1
    It would be great to see this map up at least on the weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzzNik View Post
    What upsets me about this situation is that Warpath didn't get a fair shot to survive. Multiple messages/ contacts had been made about the lag issues on this server over the past couple of months. The LAG was the single biggest reason the server could not sustain a higher ranking. New players would simply not stay or return to a laggy server. If the lag issue was resolved and the ranking did not improve, then I would have said that every effort was made.
    Also +1
    The server suffers from constant lag spikes, people would complain and then would leave. That is most likely why people don't want to be in the server. Everyone hates LAG.
    Last edited by 2 F 4 B P; 05-22-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0"][/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDastardly View Post
    Just going by your post here: http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/sho...7&postcount=91 That was posted on the 8th and that is what I am referring to. Garden is usually pretty good about taking care of the servers pretty quick and you said you gave him the update on the 7th.
    This time it took me a bit to get the new update on the warpath server, and to be very honest ack, the updates to the map is what killed warpath.

Especially at the end. people don't want to have to download new maps/versions of the new maps. I understand your trying to make the map better, which is awesome. But your updates are very small, and unnoticeable.

Some people that play the map may know of your updates, or recognize the updates IE regulars, but for new players, no.

We've had this map for over a year, We've never seen it above 80. We've held on to this map for the longest time, and its time to say good bye FOR NOW.

We are getting a verzion box soon, we have some great ideas. Warpath isn't dead yet. I'd like for everyone to chill out, let the leadership handle this situation. We are not letting go of warpath fully. Just please for the love of god give us some time.

PS, i just read that someone said we didn't give warpath a fair chance.

1 year of warpath isn't a fair chance? I'm not trying to be rude, but i don't like this argument. We've had this map for over a year now, and when i see someone saying we didn't give it a fair chance is wrong.

We've done all we could about this map. We've gave warnings, we've gave deadlines, what more could you ask for?

I really hate to see it go, but its not gone. Again, let the leadership fix this problem.
    Last edited by GardenGrove; 05-22-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Connor, Murphy: "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii...et spiritus sancti."

Default Warpath Lag

[QUOTE=AzzNik;826701]What upsets me about this situation is that Warpath didn't get a fair shot to survive. Multiple messages/ contacts had been made about the lag issues on this server over the past couple of months. The LAG was the single biggest reason the server could not sustain a higher ranking. New players would simply not stay or return to a laggy server. If the lag issue was resolved and the ranking did not improve, then I would have said that every effort was made.

I whole-heartedly agree with AzzNik about the Warpath server lag. It was the #1 detriment to the server. I have enjoyed Warpath for quite a few months but I have noticed that lag was getting increasingly frustrating and the mic-talk and chat refelcted this. I think it was very poor to ASSuME that it was the map to blame for the low server rank.

The reason I joined eGO was for this server and the excellent gameplay and quality of players of Warpath. Since joining I have tried Egypt and the fairly anemic Goldrush look-alike, Pipeline. Neither exhibit any of the great gamer qualities of Warpath.

I hope that most of the Warpathians can get together on another server.

I agree, this map has been given a very long life. It was always greatly appreciated, and I guess taken for granted. The reason the map failed in the end was just because we didn't have enough pubs joining. I would be willing to bet that we had one of the truest followings, but the regulars really only play at night. During the day the map suffered, which led to its unfortunate demise....

go figure, the day after the update and loss of warpath EVERY server is full....

The lag and the frequent 9-0 games doomed that map. Unfortunate - mostly for the loss of the community.

Looks like many of us are already part of the Warpath Addict ([War]) steam group. Might be a reasonable way to stay connected off our servers.
    +++ UGUCAUCGUAUUUCU

Default Sad Heavy is Sad

Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back...

Hilarious - but size is too large.
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/natxavier/0_o.gif

Ok guys, I really hate to do this, but this discussion is going to go on for about 50 more pages.

I want to make sure that everyone understands, WARPATH is not fully gone. Leadership is going to look into things, and see what we can do. We will make sure warpath has a place, but for now there isn't one. We understand that everyone is upset, we understand this was your favorite map. We understand that it had a following from 5pm PST to 12am PST, but that doesn't cut it. As i said in a pm to someone.

I've heard so many complaints about lag on all servers, I've looked I've played, and i have got to say, i have not experienced any lag at all.

Warpath isn't going away fully, and that was what i was trying to say. People just need to let us handle the situation. We understand people are upset, we gave a MONTH of warnings. Goldrush/Convoy/Gravelpit/Turbine, had no warnings at all. We just pulled the plug on those.

We gave warpath a fair chance. We've got to keep our sponsors happy, and we know by doing that means we have to care about our rank. I hate ranks. But if it brings us free gear, we have to support it.
    Lag issues. There are thousands of different reasons why you may lag, check your rates, check the trace route to the server. Check your ISP, have you checked everything on your end before you start blaming the server?

We will be looking into the lag, as i have been for the past month and have failed to see the lag. This is besides the point, we are not going to run warpath 24/7. We may put a community rotation together, but that is undecided. Again this will be the last post about warpath until WE as leadership comes to a conclusion.

We will hold a meeting very soon. Until then, enjoy playing the game we all came here to play.

PS: Please, do not create new threads about warpath going away. We will be forced to lock/delete/move/trash any new threads created. We know where the pubs stand, as well as the members. We understand everyone is upset. Again, if you are upset, re-read my reply.
    Last edited by GardenGrove; 05-22-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Connor, Murphy: "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii...et spiritus sancti."

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1222