User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast

Seeding doesn't keep a server alive, dedicated players and people who actually enjoy the map do.
    Formerly known as Cr@sH.
    aka banks/sokO
    meatshot 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Ruining peoples minds, one person at a time..

Quote Originally Posted by Cr@sH View Post
    Seeding doesn't keep a server alive, dedicated players and people who actually enjoy the map do.
    This is true. 12 seeders 24/7 isn't going to help much, in the long run.

Only map I play for now. I have noticed a lot more 8v8 going on though, and I'm not sure seeders really help. I've been running around alone when 8 people are seeding, and most people's response to joining is "Wait, I thought you guys didn't misrepresent your server population! Server browser claims 9, I see 1."
    And all I can say is "There are a bunch of people in spec, not playing, to make it look like the server is full"
    Does having real people in spec make us better than people using fake server data?

Thank you, Lafinass, for producing this excellent signature !lol
    www.giantitp.com (The source of my other tag)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Only map I play for now. I have noticed a lot more 8v8 going on though, and I'm not sure seeders really help. I've been running around alone when 8 people are seeding, and most people's response to joining is "Wait, I thought you guys didn't misrepresent your server population! Server browser claims 9, I see 1."
    And all I can say is "There are a bunch of people in spec, not playing, to make it look like the server is full"
    Does having real people in spec make us better than people using fake server data?
    Look at server infor before you join. If you see the [S] tag on players with no points who have been there for a while....well you get my drift.

jaxory I NEED SOMETHING IN MY DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM FOR WHEN I NUMBER TWO.
    ~~~~~
    Beta| and im a hippie

Props to Ballzac for the awesome avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakingHell View Post
    Now wait just a second; I need some clarification.

From gametracker...

#151. Blackmesa -- Average (past month): 15.5

#154. Warpath -- Average (past month): 16.6

Now, I don't really understand how gametracker does it's ratings, as a higher ranked server has a lower average. But Blackmesa still only outranks Warpath by 3 -- which is next to nothing, and, according to gametracker(Of course, I have no idea how accurate it really is), is generally more populated than Blackmesa.

So, I'm just wondering where the TF2 Leadership gets their statistics(a more reliable/accurate source than gametracker?), or how they came to the conclusion that Warpath in particular needs to step it up. I am in no way 'challenging' leadership, I have full faith that they're just doing what they feel is best for the division, I would just like some clarification or some more information.
    I have been approached about mesa. The current version went down in ratings, the previous hit 50th before i submitted the last chaneg, soo
    this week we should see the older version v2t3 with all the bug fixes and it will be submitted as final.

yes, steve will make it into the water

~D

I like the melee only & everyone is one random class version of sudden death. Makes it quicker, and it's great fun.

I see, Dragonhill...odd, I like the new one like 5x as much. Well, anyways, I still want to know how gametracker does it's ratings too though xD

To tell you the truth, I won't miss war path if it disappears. Its a quick map to play on if you are waiting for another server to free up, but I never find myself in there for extended times. I tend to play 2fort, blackmesa, and valvemaps. No warpath.
    xosniper's Head of Forum Security

Personal I Love Warpath One Of My Favorite Maps Ever. I would always be in Warpath every day almost, but the problem is I cant get on during school days as i have a ton of homework. I honestly would hate it if Warpath went down I hope yall help it out.

I play there everyday and this is quite sad news to hear. People often talk about the long wait to get in which makes it odd that it's one of our least populated. I hope we can raise up it's rank, I really do love this map
    Last edited by Secret Agent Steve; 04-20-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandall View Post
    Look at server infor before you join. If you see the [S] tag on players with no points who have been there for a while....well you get my drift.
    I'm not talking about me. I'm fine, running around, active, waiting for people to join. But most people who do join, essentially do a double take on the number of people there, and leave. Mind you, they might not join if they saw the server was empty, either, but either way, you're not getting many players joining.

Thank you, Lafinass, for producing this excellent signature !lol
    www.giantitp.com (The source of my other tag)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast