User Tag List

Default Prison Development and Community Outreach

Hello fellow blockheads,

The Prison Development Team has been hard at work carving out the plans for the new Prisons Server. This thread will serve as a way to keep up with the development team and for you guys to give us your ideas on what YOU want the server to be like! While we cannot divulge features at this time, there is one thing we can say about the server:

There will NOT be any "Pay to Win" schemes on this server. There is no gaining ranks for in real world cash nor any "donation" packages where you can get an edge by paying. We don't like that any more than you do.

Don't fret, however, Dedicated Supporters will get access to cosmetics and quality of life improvements, but there will be NO in-game advantages for DS.

With that being said, we are always open for your suggestions or thoughts. Have you seen something on another server that would be very cool on ours? Drop it down in the comments below. See a plugin that might be beneficial for the server? Drop that down there too! If you don't know what to suggest, here's some base questions you can answer:

1. How do you want PvP to be implemented? What are your thoughts on fist-only combat?
    2. What kind of server economy are you looking for?
    3. How do you want the Ranking System to be made? Do you want an A to Z ranking style or a custom one?
    4. How many mines do you want? One for each rank or custom ones for each rank?
    5. Considering upgrading your tools, would you rather buy an all-new pickaxe or keep upgrading it throughout your game?
    6. How hard should you grind to prestige? How do you want prestiging to work?

That's all we have for you right now, keep mining!

-The Prison Development Team

Wait nvm i looked at the saw it was a mc thing

1. I feel like fist-only combat would be interesting, but would you be able to upgrade your armor or fist(like through custom enchants or mcmmo).
    2. A lot of prisons servers go for a Tokens(something to upgrade pic or buy stuff in a special shop) and money(normal currency to buy everything else), which seems to work out well. For the economy, I think it should stay with strictly mining to make money or gambling like jackpots or something.
    3. A custom ranking system for mines would be cool like different fishes a would be angelfish and b would be barb etc.
    4. Mines A-Z and probably prestige mines and maybe private mines I'm not sure.
    5. I would rather keep upgrading my pick because it has endless progression or at least takes much longer to reach the max.
    6. Grinding to prestige should be hard work just like grinding to max prestige in Black ops.
    Extra:
    Adding plots could be really cool as a way to store stuff and show off builds(you could have monthly build competitions).
    Last edited by homerthefatso; 02-04-2020 at 05:42 PM.
    Likes Advisor3dsam1, kuantum liked this post

I sent a lot of msgs to u in discord sorry for Long msgs just want to help prison and not make it basic prison like other servers. I think the server should be unique from others and have different things/systems.

I would love to see new type of prison since I got bored of basic prison servers.
    Likes kuantum, homerthefatso liked this post

AlKawai - talk to me anytime

Im a Map maker for csgo
    mymap
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1806812990

Quote Originally Posted by AlKawai View Post
    I sent a lot of msgs to u in discord sorry for Long msgs just want to help prison and not make it basic prison like other servers. I think the server should be unique from others and have different things/systems.

I would love to see new type of prison since I got bored of basic prison servers.
    @AlKawai Are you able to send the suggestions here so we can all see them and get feedback from the community on it.
    Member Services EC Manager
    Join eGO! | Join MS (eG+) | Contact Leadership Here! | New to eGO? Start here! | Breaking News! | Want to know when events are happening? Click Here!
    Want to see an event happen? Find me in Teamspeak or pm me on steam or discord
    Discord: 3dsam#3179
    Steam:3dsam1

My two cents:

I think the most important part of a prison experience is progression. Pick upgrades and plots are cool and all but I like the idea of a skill tree or something where you gain skill points from a prestige. You could even incorporate votes into it where you can redeem a certain amount of "Vote tokens" into an extra skill point or something along those lines. What I think should be avoided is a long grind for a reward. I feel like prestiging should not take too terribly long (read 4 or 5 hours of grinding) to begin with, and get quicker or easier every prestige. I think a good prison experience is one where you don't have to put in hours every day in order to have the slightest bit of progression.

Also if custom enchants are gonna be a thing then it should take a while to accumulate custom enchants, sort of like how cosmic does it.

While i'm not directly involved in the Minecraft division, I've wasted probably around 1000+ hours on public prison servers so, here we go.

How do you want PvP to be implemented? What are your thoughts on fist-only combat?

I know it could potentially cause a lot of problems player wise, but I think pvp is something which allows players to gain a new kind of experience to their prison play. It allows for a risk factor to be brought in, allowing for more fun and ingenuity. And for the love of god, please make a limit on gang members to something like... 5? That may seem drastic and unreasonable, I know, I love gang fights where you see nothing but diamond armor and fire.

From my experience, specific pvp zones usually work. So, for a pathway, outline it with blue wool, but on the side, (in say, the prison yard) outline it with red to indicate pvp is present.

In all honesty, fist only combat has been a NIGHTMARE every time I get involved. Spending 20 minutes punching someone for them to just run away, gets pretty annoying, and it's a waste of time. If we could have a guard force or something which could attempt to negate the use of swords, by taking them if a prisoner is caught with one. This way, people would have a risk/reward factor. You can choose what gear you fight with, but you're risking losing that item for dominance over the pvp ring. (It's prison, you break the rules and get caught, you pay the consequence. It's prison, not a day care.) I feel life would just be simpler that way.

P.S I know it can get boring but if it's kept to vanilla enchants i'll love ya'll forever. Custom enchants honestly make me wanna bang my head into a wall.

What kind of server economy are you looking for?

One that works. I'm not picky. Preferably money which can be made and spent on weapons, tools, and other stuff like that.

How do you want the Ranking System to be made? Do you want an A to Z ranking style or a custom one?

I think a roman numeral system would look awesome. Start at I, II, III, IV, V. That way, it's not just a number, but the symbol which changes, showing off the more hardcore players and visually rewarding them for all their hard work. (After playing countless servers which go 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. it get's very boring, and not gonna lie, when you look at someone's name and see XXV or something like that, they look like a pure badass. Perhaps for prestige, change the color of the rank the person holds. (So, gray for no prestige, prestige 1 could be green, 2 could be blue, 3 red, etc. I remember one of the better severs I played some guy was XXV-XXV with black numbers and holy damn did it look cool.)

As far as physical representation goes, Cosmic Prisons had the best system i've yet to see to date. So, the way it worked, (i'm going to use 1-25 for my example.) levels 1-5 had no armor, then, 6-10, were able to wear leather armor, then 11-15 had gold, 16-20 had iron, then 21-25 had diamond. (I believe chainmail armor was somewhere in there too but 25 divides nicely by 5 so I skipped it.) That is a solid way to... "establish dominance" I guess, and understand who is and who is not to be trifled with if you want to keep your gear.

How many mines do you want? One for each rank or custom ones for each rank?

So, for me it's a trade-off. The more people i'm with, the more connected I feel and compelled to play, however, with more people in the mine comes more competition for resources and a bunch of unnecessary issues have potential to arise. I think mines for every OTHER rank would work well. So, 1-2 have a mine, 3-4 have one etc.

Considering upgrading your tools, would you rather buy an all-new pickaxe or keep upgrading it throughout your game?

Upgrade it throughout. I don't know about ya'll but I get attached to my pickaxe and it feels more fun and immersive to upgrade it. Perhaps implement a system where you not only gain money from mining, but another kind of currency which you could upgrade your pickaxe with. A server I used to play on, (Arkham Prison or something like that) had a currency called ETokens, which you could get from voting, and if you got lucky, mining. Players would then purchase those from each other, allowing for more trade and balancing necessary to stay on top.

How hard should you grind to prestige? How do you want prestiging to work?

Really, really hard. The most experienced and hardcore players should truly stand out from the rest and be recognized if they're willing to put in the effort.

This may sound awkward, but hear me out for prestiging. Upon prestiging, your cell, and inventory are WIPED of matierals. EXCEPT for a 10 slot chest which you can fill as you wish. Want to keep your materials for a head start next ranks? Okay, use a slot. Want to keep the pickaxe you've worked so hard to upgrade? Great, use a slot. 10 slots may seem like a lot but over time, when people are sitting at the top with a billion dollars it's gonna make life easier so we don't have Andrew Carnegie and John Rockefeller on the server.

Now, back to physically wise, I think adding a sort of "enchant prestige table" would be absolutely beautiful. What I mean by that, is, lets say you're an XXV prestige 0. When you prestige, to I-I, you gain a skill point which allows you to unlock an enchant for your items permanently. So lets say I go to prestige level 1. I'm given a list of choices for what I want to unlock. Such as protection 1, sharpness 1, power 1, etc. (I'd probably buy sharpness) Then, you get to XXV-I, and prestige again to II-I, you unlock ANOTHER point, and you can either upgrade your last enchant, (Say to sharpness 2, or prot 2 or whatever you originally upgraded) or, you can go the other route and go for a jack of all traits ay of play. It adds an ENTIRE new way of play, and allows players to cater to their own playstyles.

Anyway, thanks for reading my wall of text. I'll definitely be looking into Prisons when it comes out!
    Last edited by Alex; 02-10-2020 at 10:06 AM.

How do you want PvP to be implemented? What are your thoughts on fist-only combat?
    What kind of server economy are you looking for?

PVP should be dedicated for freeland and certain arenas, weapons should be craftable from your items and a shop for custom weapons

How do you want the Ranking System to be made? Do you want an A to Z ranking style or a custom one?
    How many mines do you want? One for each rank or custom ones for each rank?

A To Z and go to custom ranks from there, a wood mine and each letter should have its own mine. At one point you should have a guard and warden rank where they are allowed to mine and go outside to a free world like escaping a prison

Considering upgrading your tools, would you rather buy an all-new pickaxe or keep upgrading it throughout your game?
    Assuming its not OP Prison it should be a basic stone pick which you can slowly throughout the ranks upgrade it to iron, diamond, enchantments etc.

How hard should you grind to prestige? How do you want prestiging to work?
    Prestiging should be once you Z+ and offer a reward something subtle like a little more XP or a multiplier for money earned
    "Dying is the highest form of ecstasy" Euphoria Episode 2