User Tag List

View Poll Results: Keep The Snow ?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I enjoy the Snow

16 37.21%
  • I hate the Snow

14 32.56%
  • I think there Should be a Schedule of snow and none snow that is posted aka a compromise

13 30.23%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: The snow

Default The snow

Hello All so i'm here to address the issue everyone wants to have its about the S word and how it hinders some peoples ability to play the game and how it is believed to slow down computers

I don't want this post to become a show of butts so please keep any comments that are not polite to your self and just vote thank you if you want to have a civilized conversation in the comments sure but no belligerent comments

I find the whole argument behind performance somewhat useless, GTA and more specifically FiveM is not uniform in performance. Even people with very similar PC's have very different results. Hell, I get more FPS the higher settings I go sometimes. Some people gain FPS in the snow and others loose them, I think we need to move away from this point and focus more on reasons to keep/ or remove snow based off reasons besides performance.

With that being said, I like the snow. It changes up the RP and the whole environment of the map. People have to be more careful while driving, the outfit's people wear changes, etc. There are lots of fun stuff people can do, (snowmobiling, off-roading in the snow, snowball fights) etc. that are unique to the winter weathers. This being the month of December I think if were gonna have snow in the server it should be happening now. It's not too often that we can change the whole landscape of the map with such a simple weather change. Sure, driving in the snow can be annoying but that's real life, complain in RP about it. I would also be okay with the compromise suggested, maybe something like picking a location in the US and setting the map to snow when there's a storm there or something, although that may be too complicated and too much of a hassle for LE.

Just my two cents,
    D3FaulT
    Likes SupporterLoganh16, Moyye, Board of DirectorsArtimus liked this post

I'm sure everyone would love for the snow to be in if it was realistic and not causing such problems. For me, I love the idea of snow and really enjoy the way it looks (in-between my horrible frames bc of it) and i love the RP that has happened bc of it. But the problem is that LE did not execute the snow properly, they did not find a good enough script and it is causing a lot of fps and performance issues for people (some people have also reported crashing due to it). So if we could find a new snow script (or a snow map! they do exist) and implement that, that would be great.

But for now, in my opinion, we should remove the snow (till we find a new script or map) since it is causing a lot of problems for players.
    Thanks SupporterLoganh16 thanked for this post
    Likes WolfyFPS liked this post
    Dislikes Board of DirectorsAdam, D3FaulT disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by KLawrence View Post
    I'm sure everyone would love for the snow to be in if it was realistic and not causing such problems. For me, I love the idea of snow and really enjoy the way it looks (in-between my horrible frames bc of it) and i love the RP that has happened bc of it. But the problem is that LE did not execute the snow properly, they did not find a good enough script and it is causing a lot of fps and performance issues for people (some people have also reported crashing due to it). So if we could find a new snow script (or a snow map! they do exist) and implement that, that would be great.

But for now, in my opinion, we should remove the snow (till we find a new script or map) since it is causing a lot of problems for players.
    It's not fair to blame the LE, not fair in any way whatsoever.

They can't account for the individual performance of 50-100 different computers.

They can't account for the opinion shift of different players.

They can't account for whether or not people have a positive opinion of the effects of the snow on vehicle handling and such.

There is no blame, no one can be blamed, stop trying to find people to blame. There was a poll, over 60 people voted yes on it, it was implemented, there were issues, that's it.

Should it be removed in my opinion? Yeah, but I don't care about performance (Even though I experienced a 20+ drop in FPS from it's implementation), I only care about vehicle handling.

But is it right to shift the blame onto someone else? Absolutely not.

I would also like to point out, that there were multiple tests, weeks even, before implementation, where people had the chance to change their vote or voice their opinion on the matter, no one really did, myself included in that.
    Last edited by TomSL; 12-08-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Thanks Board of DirectorsAdam thanked for this post
    Likes AdvisorSimon, SupporterLoganh16, Remas097, D3FaulT, Archer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TomSL View Post
    It's not fair to blame the LE, not fair in any way whatsoever.

They can't account for the individual performance of 50-100 different computers.

They can't account for the opinion shift of different players.

They can't account for whether or not people have a positive opinion of the effects of the snow on vehicle handling and such.

There is no blame, no one can be blamed, stop trying to find people to blame. There was a poll, over 60 people voted yes on it, it was implemented, there were issues, that's it.

Should it be removed in my opinion? Yeah, but I don't care about performance, I only care about vehicle handling.

But is it right to shift the blame onto someone else? Absolutely not.

I would also like to point out, that there were multiple tests, weeks even, before implementation, where people had the chance to change their vote or voice their opinion on the matter, no one really did, myself included in that.

We voted for snow. It is LE job to find the right script or way to implement it. If we put up a poll right now asking if people want a fire script implemented, people will vote yes trusting that LE will put in a good and working script. Not fair to blame the player-base when they vote on something they want added and it is implemented incorrectly. EDIT1: no way to change your vote once you've voted. I voted yes for snow on the poll trusting LE would put in a good and working script.

EDIT2: I'm not trying to throw around shade and blame to anyone, that doesnt help anything. I want us to find a better solution to snow whether it be a better-working script or map that has snow on it, i dont care, as long as it works better.
    Last edited by KLawrence; 12-08-2019 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added Edit1 & 2
    Dislikes AdvisorSimon, Board of DirectorsAdam, SupporterLoganh16, Division LeaderAndrew, D3FaulT disliked this post

Before you start trying to point fingers at Leadership, the support in FiveM for the entire weather system is NATIVE TO GTA.
    There was no script added, it was already loaded with the server. I would highly suggest getting your facts straight before you start pointing fingers.

I'm not trying to throw around shade and blame to anyone, that doesnt help anything.
    This is exactly what you are doing and that will get this thread closed.

For the record, this is what blame looks like:
    I voted yes for snow on the poll trusting LE would put in a good and working script.
    It is LE job to find the right script or way to implement it. If we put up a poll right now asking if people want a fire script implemented, people will vote yes trusting that LE will put in a good and working script.
    But the problem is that LE did not execute the snow properly, they did not find a good enough script and it is causing a lot of fps and performance issues for people (some people have also reported crashing due to it).
    Now, if anyone has any suggestions on an actual weather script or a solution, rather than just grabbing our pitchforks and skewering the leadership team, we're all ears.
    Last edited by Adam; 12-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Likes SupporterLoganh16, AdvisorSimon, Remas097 liked this post
    Dislikes WolfyFPS disliked this post

For anyone trying to denounce this solely as a performance issue I would like you to understand a few things....

First and foremost, Grand Theft Auto 5 released for the PC in 2013. It is now 2019. That's 6 years ago. This game is old as hell and although it hasn't seen it's days yet, computer hardware is far better now than it was in 2013.

Considering that, the top of the line hardware from 6 years ago is extremely cheap now. DDR4 RAM was brand spanking new just 5 years ago and DDR5 is expected next year. If your RAM is the issue, decent DDR4 will run you somewhere near $30-$65 unless you feel like being extra. A top of the line graphics card from that era will run you $150 now. That's top of the line.

Other players on the server don't want to be limited from further development of the server by the opinion of people who are still trying to play on a Windows XP machine. We must strive to be better than other servers and set ourselves apart. If we don't do that, why don't we all play somewhere else?

With that being said, if something is causing issues for the majority of players it would make sense to revert it and not use it until it can be improved upon; as we did with OneSync. Great idea to try, thankfully we DID try it, had votes and opinions on it the same as this issue, and it made sense to stray away from it for now. This is not the same. Those were server-related issues experienced with OneSync and this seems to be a user hardware issue. So please don't blame leadership on this one.
    Likes AdvisorSimon, D3FaulT, Division LeaderAndrew liked this post

I like the snow and don't experience any performance issues from a machine built in 2016. I think a rotation of snow and no snow would be a good compromise. Maybe something like an hour of each
    Likes SupporterKLawrence liked this post

I like the snow :D I just hate how it stays night time for a very long time.

i dont even wanna get into this again
    Likes SupporterKLawrence liked this post

Member Services Admin Trainer My steam - Discord
    PM or Add me if you have any questions about anything eGO related

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast