User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default Activity in this forum.

I just recently built another PC and the first thing I did after updating was check eGO forums because no matter how much shit people pit against me, this is and was my only gaming community I ever put effort into and made long lasting friendships. Mistakes happen, I'm human..and now we're here and I'm not even a member of eGO anymore. That's old, boring news though.

I looked at two threads..One from January 2019 and the next thread after that was posted in November of 2019. Free tech support is immensely popular, including informational threads about core languages, programming, whitehat hacking, etc.

Why? I'm sure there's plenty of people within 10 months who had technical issues with computers or who want to learn.
    Are they going somewhere else?
    If they are, why aren't they going here?
    Did we lose the people who provide tech support in this forum?
    Am I just senile and I don't know how to use forums anymore?

I love helping people and reading these forums and I still care about expanding people's knowledge and encouraging them to use their brains.
    I post on this forum maybe once a month, once every two months.

Please do not leave me a private message as I simply do not care. The only exceptions are USCG Hammer and Artimus because they are the only two people I respect.

Am I just senile and I don't know how to use forums anymore?
    It wasn't you - the demographic of the site has shifted a bunch and now it's a much younger group than it used to be. There seems to be a distaste towards forums and people prefer Discord over anything now.

We also seem to get a lot of spam robots in this section...

Myself and @Snipeye are still kicking around in here to try and help out when we can I'm not really sure when this died out though. We did used to provide a lot of tech support here. Not sure if computers got simple enough or what.

Not sure what our audience is like here for people working in IT or programming at this point... hm.

And yes, the text above is mostly me rambling trying to figure this question out too.

Even still we rarely hold hardcore conversations about technology on Discord.

Audience is too young.
    Likes AdvisorSimon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It wasn't you - the demographic of the site has shifted a bunch and now it's a much younger group than it used to be. There seems to be a distaste towards forums and people prefer Discord over anything now.

We also seem to get a lot of spam robots in this section...

Myself and @Snipeye are still kicking around in here to try and help out when we can I'm not really sure when this died out though. We did used to provide a lot of tech support here. Not sure if computers got simple enough or what.

Not sure what our audience is like here for people working in IT or programming at this point... hm.

And yes, the text above is mostly me rambling trying to figure this question out too.
    Frick all this new technology, let's go to IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by kuantum View Post
    Frick all this new technology, let's go to IRC!
    As I sit here and Discord isn’t loading (Despite their lying website saying “all systems operational” I remember how nice IRC was.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As I sit here and Discord isn’t loading (Despite their lying website saying “all systems operational” I remember how nice IRC was.
    time to go back to usenet

Quote Originally Posted by TomSL View Post
    time to go back to usenet
    Replace the forums with a slick BBS

I mean I used this forum when I was getting parts for my new PC. It was helpful a lot, besides when people are like "BRO INTEL IS WAY BETTER," or "RYZEN IS WAY MORE WORTH IT" and not give a reason why.

*raises hand* I'm still alive!

*goes back to to his CPA troll study cave*

But yeah, I think that a new generation that have joined eGO may be more tech savvy, or they don't feel like they need to ask their questions on the forums anymore when they have discord, facebook, IG, friends, family, etc., to ask. But who knows, ten years ago we were playing COD, Minecraft, and here we are, CoD and Minecraft are the trending games again. Maybe the tech forums will get repeat customers again.

Default Activity in this forum

A new MOD has been added to the board. This MOD shows recent activity for the last 24 hours, including who visited in the last 24 hour time frame, new users, new posts, and new topics.
    Dislikes Snipeye disliked this post

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast