User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default FIVEM law change for server conveniece

As we all know, this game was programed for chaos, and realistic traffic lights weren't at the top of their list. In some parts of the world a 4 way stop light is meant to be treated as a stop sign.

So in the interest of traffic flow, I'd like to ask that 4 way red lights be treated as a stop sign; stop, make sure it's safe, cross carefully.

I think this might be a bit hard to police, as police that are not at the intersection may not see if it's red in all directions, so the benefit of the doubt should go to the driver if there's no locals going through the intersection at the same time, and no greens can be seen.
    Dislikes Supportermom disliked this post

The only time all 4 lights are red, is when the crosswalk lights are activated, allowing pedestrians the opportunity to cross. Not that locals ever take the opportunity to cross the street :|

I suppose I've never noticed, but there's also crosswalks at stop signs, so this could still be implemented. This could relieve a lot of stress.

did this go anywhere? I'd really like to maybe put it to a vote, because I've noted that even police don't like the lights as they are. It wouldn't be much different compared to how turning right on a red would work.

I'd much rather see the lights themselves recoded somehow to work more efficiently. I feel like considering red lights as stop signs beyond breaks immersion, looks dumb and all around doesn't make any sense. We've all been waiting at these red lights, yeah it's annoying at times, but hey, it's part of the world around us. I do not support making red lights act as stop signs.

Not sure how possible it is to recode traffic signals. I know that with ymaps that add traffic lights, they are just off by default and you have to do some wiggity wack stuff to even get them to display lights. Not that the ai cares about your freshly added lights.

I'm pretty sure the traffic lights are hard coded into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I'm pretty sure the traffic lights are hard coded into the game.
    Deleting them is easy, manipulating them, I'm not so sure.

Traffic lights change on a dominant client, and then that client syncs the traffic light to all other clients, but if that client no longer can "sync" the light, then it kind of fizzles out to a reset light, which is what causes some of the cancer, but I definitely do ****ing hate traffic lights with a passion.

Even if you map mod to remove them, the AI will likely still sit at the light as if it was red.
    Likes Supporterdryden liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Even if you map mod to remove them, the AI will likely still sit at the light as if it was red.
    AI doesn't even follow the lights all the time to begin with
    MS AT+ Media support. + [REDACTED]
    Dryden#0001 /id/elsewhere

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast