User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Post [GTA] The Economy needs a overhaul

The Economy in FiveM is really messed up. If you are a drug runner you make around 200-250k per IRL hour. Now this is an issue because with little effort you can make a lot of money. It's gotten to the point where almost every vehicle in the server is some super rare super car IRL.

Here is an example, here is ONE day of sales from the Dealership back when the 720s, 911 Turbo and the Mustang was introduced.

firefox_DCxcGXXHLU.png

firefox_L9Adu420rT.png

Now, here are the prices of the those week's vehicles and the amount of car's sold on that ONE day.

↓ THIS BELOW IS IN 1 DAY ↓ : Keep in mind this is BEFORE the drug change that increased the payout.
    Porsche 911 Turbo S: 350,000 / 20 Sold = 7,000,000
    McLaren 720s: 480,000 / 21 Sold = 10,080,000
    1968 Ford Mustang: 60,000 / 13 Sold = 780,000

Here's another example:

Here are the sales across 2 days, back when the Bugatti Chiron and Lamborghini Aventador were introduced.

firefox_aMFEmYTZNX.png

↓ THIS BELOW IS IN 2 DAYS ↓ :
    Bugatti Chiron: 3,350,000 / 6 Sold = 20,100,000
    Lamborghini Aventador: 950,000 / 9 Sold = 8,550,000

So, why did I show you this and why is it important?

Almost every car listed above is an uber rare, mega expensive car IRL. It's those car's where when some big celebrity buys one of them TMZ or the Daily Mail throw's a fit and there are many news story's about them. These car's are supposed to be reserved for the top 1% of the population, where you could go years without seeing any of those cars IRL. However, in the server you see them ALL THE TIME.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29604/...bugatti-chiron
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/ra...ugatti-chiron/
    https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/04/tracy...er-bender-nyc/
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...dinner-LA.html
    QJlClIV.png

What i'm saying is if you're a member of the dealership you see the server's economy flowing constantly seeing as cars make up pretty much 100% of people's personal purchases. So, from what i've seen there needs to be a massive overhaul to the Economy. This is not the fault of the dealership, it's just that the Dealership really proves the current issue with the Economy.

So what I suggest is this:

1. Reduce the amount of money you get per hour of collecting drugs (200k per hour is ungodly over powered) - we are a RP server, not GTAO
    2. Introduce things like Custom Houses (these can either be GTA interiors or custom interiors) to diversify the purchases people can make and spread out the economy.
    3. Introduce Income Taxes, Health Insurance, etc. more things you need to purchase, as you do IRL in order to make the server more realistic. Currently as it stands if you have 1 Million dollars you can spend 1 Million dollars on a car because you need to make no necessary purchases, such as the aforementioned taxes.

Reducing the drug payout is just the first step, adding taxes, houses, insurance etc. will spread out the payments your character makes. As it is, its collect money -> buy car. It SHOULD be Collect money -> pay taxes -> pay off house (if you want) -> pay for insurance (if you want) -> then buy cars.

Now, I don't expect these changes to come quickly but I think this is an issue that can only get worse and would love to see some changes. I'd love to see what you guys all think, thanks for reading this long post!

Thanks,
    D3FaulT
    Last edited by D3FaulT; 11-21-2019 at 06:58 AM. Reason: decided to focus more on drug nerfing then whitelisted job nerfing
    Thanks Community ManagementArbiter thanked for this post
    Likes Remas097 liked this post

1. Reduce the amount you make back to 5k per hour,

what, exactly, did you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    1. Reduce the amount you make back to 5k per hour,

what, exactly, did you mean by this?
    Basically cutting the amount of money you get with drugs/whitelisted jobs per hour by half.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    I don’t think it needs to even be said that whatever they did, your mark grid character, at least financially would be fine, and the reason they raised payouts is due to outrage that they were too low
    Not sure what my character has anything to do with this. Secondly, it is pretty clear now that it was raised too much. I personally feel we went up to 10k way too quickly, we should of stuck it out longer.

Cutting legal jobs or whitelisted jobs from 10k per hour isn't going to fix this problem when these jobs aren't the problem; drugs are.

I think this will just piss alot of people off. We don't need people saving up for weeks to buy 1 car then have something more interesting come out next week and they can't afford it. Only people that can would be business owners. I saw alot of toxicity rp and ooc chat with the Recent 3 million car. People were trashing others for being poor. It would be nice to spend money on other things besides cars and planes. Maybe investing in businesses and stocks. I think all the sops on server need some kind of oversight and make sure they are current and actually doing what it says they are to be doing. Maybe a general survey about car prices, Availability and speeds can be put together so the entire server has a say instead of a handful of prople. Also drugs needs an overhaul again or locations need to change more frequently. People found the most lucrative drug in less then 24 hours.
    Last edited by Archer; 11-21-2019 at 05:46 AM.

I've been saying for months we need more things to spend money on. But aside from that, instead of lowering the player pay, increase the vehicle price. You want to cut pay in half? Double the price of the cars instead.

I am in agreement STILL that we need player housing and customizations that come with it, that includes personal garages and the roleplay that comes with that. It would increase our ability to separate job from life. As it stands right now, as a cop, I log in, I'm at PD already on duty and going to work, I have no life outside of work, I don't buy cars, I'm sitting on 1.4 million with nothing to do with it. Usually I hand it out to newer players in a tough spot and players who give a good roleplay reason to be broke and such.
    Likes Alex liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonKnight View Post
    Cutting legal jobs or whitelisted jobs from 10k per hour isn't going to fix this problem when these jobs aren't the problem; drugs are.
    I thought about this for awhile and now agree with this. I have edited my post to focus more about nerfing drugs instead of all jobs + the taxes/ houses etc. that I mentioned in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    We don't need people saving up for weeks to buy 1 car then have something more interesting come out next week and they can't afford it.
    Pretty much everybody in the server can afford to buy any car any week (with obvious exceptions such as the Bugatti). I think your issue with this may be more about how the Dealership releases cars then my economy porposal. People rarely save up money beyond a week because if you are a drug runner or just active in general you have most likely made enough money to buy the new super car added that week. Buying a high end vehicle should not be an every couple of day occurrence. Unless you are a business owner that is.

I saw alot of toxicity rp and ooc chat with the Recent 3 million car. People were trashing others for being poor
    I think this is more of an IC issue and I don't really see how this is relevant to the topic.

Also drugs needs an overhaul again or locations need to change more frequently. People found the most lucrative drug in less then 24 hours.
    I agree with you on this. Plus with drugs you make around 200k per hour (that's insane).

We used to change the drug locations every month, but then people started to cry about it.
    I loved it though, I had a good time finding the locations.
    Likes EpicFlamingos liked this post

We could do it again. It slows people down for a week depending on how well they’re hidden. But it’s more of a band aid on the problem we have, not a perm solution

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast