User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default CIV Job Promotions

Hello team,

I was thinking and bouncing ideas while I was playing this early evening. It dawned upon me... Even though I'm playing a criminal char in the server... I originally moved from my last town to get away from the bad influences. But, how can I do that here? I can hardly make money without filling out a "Special Job Form" (Whitelisted Job) Or, to deal drugs again. I don't want to be a drug dealer

So, I would like to propose that we have an automated civ job promotion system. Because in life, everyone that works hard enough and saves enough, would/should be able to buy whatever it is that they want to buy... As long as you aren't working at a place like McDonalds, etc...

That being said... For example, I find it easiest explained in terms of a lumberjack. To have a lumberjack, of course, start off as a level one. Then to advance to a level two, to have the system promote the lumberjack after selling 1000 packaged planks.
    But, not just that... One would also have to have cut 200 wood and retrieved 200wood. Thus, the system could make sure that the person was standing in the circle for x amount of seconds. (Equal to the time it would take to achieve above-said goals. This would stop people from jipping the system by paying others to farm their materials for them.)

Depending on what language this takes, I THINK I should be able to write and edit this code. It's been about 10 years since I've done anything like this. But, I think the system could 100% change the way SOME people make money in this game and DEFINITELY put an EDGE up on other servers.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Lmoconley; 11-20-2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typos
    The ONE.
    The ONLY.
    I AM...
    Lmoconley

You know anything is possible, just depends on whether the server can handle it or not. The legal jobs all pay the same generally. Whatever you want to RP as is where it is at. Your mind (and server rules) is where it is at. xD

If you were thinking about helping with code, I'd talk to tech team to see if you have what it takes to help.

-Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    You know anything is possible, just depends on whether the server can handle it or not. The legal jobs all pay the same generally. Whatever you want to RP as is where it is at. Your mind (and server rules) is where it is at. xD

If you were thinking about helping with code, I'd talk to tech team to see if you have what it takes to help.

-Summer
    Thank You for the reply. I will definitely hope the server can handle the extra scripts. On another note, I'll crunch some numbers and try to help my proposal. Just knowing that it take 2.25hrs to farm and process 800 Heroin which will sell for approx 434k in dirty money. But, it will take at least one hour to make about 12k legal money. I will support the legal money via Lumber Jack below. *In about an hour or so. I will include travel time. Time it takes on each step etc.* But, What I can easily say is that its nowhere near fair. I feel like I'm being baited to be put in jail or forced to do a whitelist job in order to buy anything of value. In one IRL day. (8 hours*)

If the server cannot handle the extra scripts. Do you think it would be possible to increase the amount of the jobs profit? I just spent 1.75 hours Mining and only made $6136. That's CRAZY!! Please help. I dont want to go to jail.
    Last edited by Lmoconley; 11-20-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    The ONE.
    The ONLY.
    I AM...
    Lmoconley

Quote Originally Posted by Lmoconley View Post
    Hello team,

I was thinking and bouncing ideas while I was playing this early evening. It dawned upon me... Even though I'm playing a criminal char in the server... I originally moved from my last town to get away from the bad influences. But, how can I do that here? I can hardly make money without filling out a "Special Job Form" (Whitelisted Job) Or, to deal drugs again. I don't want to be a drug dealer

So, I would like to propose that we have an automated civ job promotion system. Because in life, everyone that works hard enough and saves enough, would/should be able to buy whatever it is that they want to buy... As long as you aren't working at a place like McDonalds, etc...

That being said... For example, I find it easiest explained in terms of a lumberjack. To have a lumberjack, of course, start off as a level one. Then to advance to a level two, to have the system promote the lumberjack after selling 1000 packaged planks.
    But, not just that... One would also have to have cut 200 wood and retrieved 200wood. Thus, the system could make sure that the person was standing in the circle for x amount of seconds. (Equal to the time it would take to achieve above-said goals. This would stop people from jipping the system by paying others to farm their materials for them.)

Depending on what language this takes, I THINK I should be able to write and edit this code. It's been about 10 years since I've done anything like this. But, I think the system could 100% change the way SOME people make money in this game and DEFINITELY put an EDGE up on other servers.

Thanks for reading.
    So, In addition to this... I have made a run of Lumber from start to finish and crunched the numbers. This is to help put things into perspective as to why I'm requesting this change and how it could help the economy and further advance the feel of RP.

So, to start:
    1. ( 0 Seconds )The job one would have to obtain a vehicle. One can be provided at the location.
    2. ( 703 Seconds ) Travel from start of job (Getting work clothes and truck) to Lumbermill.
    3. ( 640 Seconds ) This is the time it takes to gather the wood. One will need 160 wood for a full load. (4 Seconds per 1 wood gathered.)
    4. ( 20 Seconds ) This is the time it takes to travel from Wood Gathering to Wood Cutting location.
    5. ( 960 Seconds ) This is the time it takes to cut the Wood. This does NOT include the time it takes to run out to truck ( OR walk for RP purposes) to put cut wood in truck (20) and remove (20) Uncut wood and run back. (Running takes 5 seconds) ) ( 6 Seconds per 1 Wood cut )
    6. ( 20 Seconds ) Time it takes to move truck from Wood Cutting location to Wood Packaging location.
    7. ( 800 Seconds) Is the time it takes to take Cut Wood and turn it into Packaged Wood. (5 Seconds per packaged wood cycle. 1 cut wood turns into 5 packaged wood. )
    8. (721 Seconds) Is the amount of time it took me to get back. (Keeping in mind this is following the GPS and the laws of speed. These speeds are posted in-game)
    9. ( 416 Seconds ) Is the time it takes for 800 Packaged wood to be sold. ( 52 Seconds per 100 Packaged Wood sold )

Now, these numbers total into: 4,280 Seconds / 60 s/m = 71.33 Minutes. Let's keep life easy and say 70 Minutes. Factors that can change this is the running to and from vehicle to cut wood. Traffic on travel and the speed of the vehicle used to transport goods. (Accelerating to the appropriate speeds that is, without going over.)

This being said, it will take at least 60 minutes to make $9600. (Each packaged wood yields $12) $12 x 800 Packaged Wood.

So, let us ponder for a moment about this (Lets just say $10k/hour scenerio as compared to the popular business of Heroin)

Heroin: High yield, high risk. (Less numbers here because there is much more information about this than there is the civ jobs. Simply due to popularity etc.)

1. ( 7200 Seconds ) Time it takes to gather Poppy Resin ( This does not include random travel from plant to plant. )
    2. ( 8000 Seconds ) Time it takes to turn poppy Resin into Heroin.
    3. ( 6000 Seconds ) Let's for the sake of RP say its approx 10 minutes of legal travel from Heroin to selling location.

Totaling 21200 Seconds / 60Seconds /Minute = 352.33Minutes or, 350 Minutes Or 5.88 --> 6 hours IRL. So, in approx 6 hours you will yield I believe 434k of dirty money from the dealer. Then have to launder it. For the sake of math and this argument, I will use the max which his currently 40% per NPC money Laundering svc. So 434k - 40% (173.6k) 260.4k In 6 IRL Hours.
    The risks of this would be Being mugged/robbed, or being Incarcerated.

In comparison, if we are going to a BIT of realism here. Not every job in the real world is complete and utter CRAP. The reason I am presenting to add a promotion system is to help people that are not whitelisted and ones that do not want to SIGNIFICANTLY increase their chances with a run-in with the law or criminals, an OPTION to make money LEGALLY.

If one plays for 8 hours a day for 5 days a week (a RL American work schedule (40 hour weeks) a legal worker would accrue the $400k mark. Which would get you some options to purchase a Exotic car. That being said, you would not be able to enjoy any of the other spects of the server because of this demand of 40 hours of grinding.

If one plays for 8 hours a day for 5 days a week (a RL American work schedule (40 hour weeks) a criminal farming and creating Heroin would net $1,736K in the same "work week." The same amount of grinding but significantly increased risk of mugging/robbing and Incarceration.

So, what I'm seeing here is that unless you want to solely be a criminal or hope to be accepted into a whitelisted job in order to play this game and purchase a car for 400k. That being said, there are more expensive vehicles that range up to and exceeding 4million. So, I'm hearing that it would take approximately 2.5 months for a legal player to be able to afford a 4 million dollar car. Of course, this is not including the fact the one needs to buy gas and consumables.
    (Keeping in mind, this is first mention, not ALL whitelisted jobs produce high pay returns. Thus, one would STILL NEED to play for MANY weeks to buy ONE car, OR... turn to drugs)

The purpose of adding promotions to the civ jobs is to make it so people that join the server will be able to afford SOME of the ONLY luxuries that our server currently has to offer.

The Civ promotions could run as follows (Using Lumberjack as an example):

Civ sells Packaged Wood for $9per, instead of $12. (Level 1) (2,000 Wood required)
    Civ sells Packaged Wood for $12per, Same as before (Level 2) (5,000 Wood Required, totaling 7k)
    Civ sells Packaged Wood for $18per, Increase of 6 (Level 3) (12,000 Wood Required, Totaling 19K)
    Civ sells Packaged Wood for $24per, Increase of 12 (Level 4) (33,000 Wood Required, Totaling 52k)
    Civ sells Packaged Wood for $30per, Increase of 18 (Level 5)

Now, let us look at the final level of promotion... Level 5 netting 24,000/hr. Now, this is a lot of money. So, let's see how long it will take to get such a promotion...

To gather 52,000 wood, it would take approximately 65hours. (My original math pointed me to 32.5 hours. That simply would have been too easy to obtain)

So, with above-mentioned math, it would take approximately 16.66 hours to obtain the coveted $400k amount. It would take approximately 9 hours to obtain the $400k amount. Now, keeping in mind, it has taken almost 1.5 weeks or 65 hours of gameplay BEFORE a person would be at this point. I feel like time and strong dedication to a purpose should have a level or reward.

I realize that this was EXTREMELY long and time-consuming to read and I hope that it does not fall upon deaf ears perse.

If you've made it this far without falling asleep, I'd like to say think you for reading this and taking the time.

Thank You,
    Lmoconley

The ONE.
    The ONLY.
    I AM...
    Lmoconley

Wow. What you just did is something everyone needs to read and show support on. We need this! Thank you for taking the time to explain this in a rational and detailed way. The city needs more legit, reasonable paying jobs. I love everything about this, keep it going. You rock!
    Thanks Lmoconley thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by AmishTechSupport View Post
    Wow. What you just did is something everyone needs to read and show support on. We need this! Thank you for taking the time to explain this in a rational and detailed way. The city needs more legit, reasonable paying jobs. I love everything about this, keep it going. You rock!
    I sincerely appreciate your support.

Thank You.
    The ONE.
    The ONLY.
    I AM...
    Lmoconley

Quote Originally Posted by Lmoconley View Post
    I sincerely appreciate your support.

Thank You.
    Yay, You actually went through with writing this, I didnt stay in the civ jobs for long probably stayed for like a few weeks but damn. The hours I worked were deadly, I support your movement good sir.

It takes abut 2/3 the time you said for full run of heroin
    @Lmoconley seems you added an extra 0 to the end of the 600 seconds/10 minutes
    Last edited by Osmosis; 11-22-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    It takes about 2/3 the time you said for full run of heroin
    @Lmoconley seems you added an extra 0 to the end of the 600 seconds/10 minutes
    ??? It takes 9 seconds to bend down and pick the poppy resin. 9*800=7200 seconds.
    Then, it takes 10 seconds to process bags of heorin. 10*800=8000 seconds.

Which part did I goof?
    Thx for response.
    The ONE.
    The ONLY.
    I AM...
    Lmoconley

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast