User Tag List

Default FIVEM Used Dealer Problem

if this is meant to be RP'd as the used dealership is going to take over, and there's going to be massive layoffs of dealers because of the reduced RP opportunities, that's fine. Competition is good, otherwise, here's my suggestion.

Used cars have a down side, and asking people to not buy from the used dealer due to pure rp is just not going to work. So I'm going to suggest some kind of coding change. The biggest thing is that used cars don't have a full warranty, can be poorly modified, and are more warn, meaning higher amounts of upkeep generally.

I'd suggest one of a few methods for this;
    1) Have a cost per removal from garage (the more you use it, the more warn it becomes) that slowly increases. That way when you buy a used car, you're taking on the upkeep from its current age. This also increases RP, "I don't want to buy that broken heap of junk," or "I only take this classic out on special occasion."
    2) If setting it up similar to rent, but have the rent amount increased by like a dollar per month.
    3) When sold, remove the ability to have armour, simulating the fragility of used cars.
    4) As a car ages, decrease the amount of armour available
    5) suspend used dealership until something appropriate can be implemented, or just keep it not marked on the map until such time.

I was considering opening a used dealership myself for a while, and I think it's great that he's successful, but it's impossible to enforce the RP of used cars onto people, these cars are a freaking bargain. And the server just isn't ready for implementing such things.
    Dislikes Rogueyeti, oopsimissed disliked this post

Heres my add on to the idea. Having to pay to store cars will make a large amount of the sever population "disappointed" to say the least. If it's possible adding "mileage" to the car that degrades performance would be cool. This adds incentive for people to pull out a verity of cars instead of the fastest one they own. I'll look for a script.

Edit: this will create a super realistic economy for cars.

I'll keep you posted

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Likes fillman86 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sesh99 View Post
    Heres my add on to the idea. Having to pay to store cars will make a large amount of the sever population "disappointed" to say the least. If it's possible adding "mileage" to the car that degrades performance would be cool. This adds incentive for people to pull out a verity of cars instead of the fastest one they own. I'll look for a script.

Edit: this will create a super realistic economy for cars.

I'll keep you posted

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    It is an interesting concept. @TomSL already has a lot on his plate atm. To actually make you get oil changes and services or your engine blows..interesting. Mechanics would have a lot of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    It is an interesting concept. @TomSL already has a lot on his plate atm. To actually make you get oil changes and services or your engine blows..interesting. Mechanics would have a lot of business.
    Time to track real time distance and make you change your oil every2k miles

Quote Originally Posted by TomSL View Post
    Time to track real time distance and make you change your oil every2k miles
    3,000 miles is basic oil, 5,000 mid grade synthetic blend, 10,000 full synthetic. This is real life comparison.
    Likes Rogueyeti liked this post

Hello fillman86 i understand that you think im taking away rp from the dealership or that i going to mess up the economy and that im not able to enforce the used car role-play on people. But the fact is that i can't get cars unless the dealership sold them first every car i own was role-played and sold at the dealership. i have boosted the economy i have given player the chance to not lose a large amount of money on cars if you return a car to the dealership you only get back half of what it was worth meaning if someone was to take back a lets say the first lambo now worth about 600k they would only get like 150k at the dealership return because they go off the price it was sold for then. and as for the used car roleplay there is not a single 2020 or 2019 model car in the dealership meaning your selling used cars also you new cars this month was a 1983 Ferrari that for sure does not have no miles and a 2009 amg sl65 your cars are used also just because they car new to the server and sold at your dealership make them new it goes off the year of the car. and next time you want to make a long winded attack trying to get my dealership losing me and 5 peoples jobs closed down come hang out at the dealership and let me show you why the community loves and respects us and how we are working on helping everyone who comes in. im not going to take this badly but i do truly invite you to come by and just hang out and learn what we do. Best wishes- Nick Jardine
    Likes Rogueyeti liked this post