User Tag List

Default Remove the Surf Server and add a new scrim server

It's no secret that the surf server is dying. I'll be honest: I've never realized the server existed until two days before I was promoted to an O.

However, I think we should have a 5v5 scrim server, kinda sorta like Faceit in the sense that you can schedule a match with different settings and in between the scheduled matches, you can have small impromptu matches (that if they run over, the game should stop).

I think it could provide a lot of fun for current members and gives no excuse for some of y'all to not 1v1 me (silver 1 rank, global elite big brain).
    Dislikes AdvisorLarry_Da_Lobster, Moyye, AdvisorSimon, EpicFlamingos, kaZZ disliked this post

-1 just because a server isn’t doing great statistically atm doesn’t mean we should simply pull the plug on it. We are taking the necessary steps to improve the server. The surf server has been popular in the past and as we focus on improving the server hopefully it will bounce back. Not to mention I know a small group of players still enjoy the server and I don’t see a reason to remove it. We had a 10 man server for quite some time and it was used occasionally. The solution to improve servers isn’t simply to just remove a server and replace it with a different one.
    Thanks Jacko thanked for this post
    Likes Moyye, Division LeaderCustom Stats, AdvisorSimon, heidi, Damon liked this post

Just because surf has a lot of memories for me personally, and could be a fantastic server again. If it was paid more attention too. I've been playing on this server for, a longgg time. And as much as 5v5 sounds fun, i know alot of dedicated people to the surf server, and it would be sad to see it go. I'm quite honestly sad it hasn't gotten too much attention, and i hope to see it get some in the future.
    Likes Damon liked this post

-𝘱𝘨- 𝘕𝘰𝘷. 29-2016
    [𝘱𝘎] 𝘑𝘢𝘯. 29-2017
    𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘦𝘣. ‎3-2018
    =(e)= 𝘔𝘢𝘺 12-2018
    =(eG)= 𝘖𝘤𝘵. 31-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Da_Lobster View Post
    -1 just because a server isn’t doing great statistically atm doesn’t mean we should simply pull the plug on it. We are taking the necessary steps to improve the server. The surf server has been popular in the past and as we focus on improving the server hopefully it will bounce back. Not to mention I know a small group of players still enjoy the server and I don’t see a reason to remove it. We had a 10 man server for quite some time and it was used occasionally. The solution to improve servers isn’t simply to just remove a server and replace it with a different one.
    a good start would be changing the tick rate back, aka the reason a lot of people played on it before
    Dislikes Division LeaderCustom Stats, AdvisorLarry_Da_Lobster, nightside disliked this post

Seeing the feedback from this post this isn't something we are going to consider. As for your 5v5 (10 man) server suggestion we will look into improving this in the near future.

~Closed (V) (,,,,) (V)