User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would Full Dive VR cause human extinction

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

6 75.00%

Default Would Full Dive VR cause human extinction?

If we have full dive VR would there still be people living in real life? Maybe it comes down to personal preference? Or morals and religion? I am referring to VR brain implants,BCIs or a VR chip connected to a central Ai computer not VR headsets, googles, etc? I am asking hypothetically since i know that full dive VR is still a while away

I know that we need to eat and drink etc but maybe using life support machines to take care of our bodily functions, also I know we need money, but I am sure we can also make money using VR

Maybe in a 100% automated and self-sustaining world?

Or we could have the majority people who spend the majority of time in the real world (in other words split time between real life and FIVR), or some people who spend their entire lives in full time.

If you were to give a rough estimate what percentage of people would stay in the real world instead of using these devices? 75 Percent maybe. Or Maybe a 100% uptake where everyone uses full dive VR so that people can go beyond the limitations and constraints of the physical world

Thanks
    Thanks Loopy thanked for this post

not sure if this is a spam bot, or someone whos legit but thats a cool question, never thought about it that way. Welp my answer is that i think it would come down to religion and a few other things. Religion could cause people to stay away / not get sucked into it saying something like "this is how god made us" or whatever. Plus a few other things, government people, police, doctors, fire fighters. just in case something bad happens. But perhaps this is just a spam bot, who knows

Member Services EC Manager
    Join eGO! | Join MS (eG+) | Contact Leadership Here! | New to eGO? Start here! | Breaking News! | Want to know when events are happening? Click Here!
    Want to see an event happen? Find me in Teamspeak or pm me on steam or discord
    Discord: 3dsam#3179
    Steam:3dsam1

Would a virus in a full dive VR actually affect the human mind or body? Feel like we're approaching Matrix questions, but you have to wonder how human psychology may be affected as well....

I remember reading a Tom Clancy book (Net Force Explorers) that had an environment of full dive VR working in sync with actual life. For example, watching a baseball game at home, but a VR image of yourself would occupy the stands, and you can watch the actual game in front of you as if you were there. That'd be a fun, cool experience, I would imagine.

Watch black mirror tv series
    have any questions about becoming a real doctor? PM me !