User Tag List

Thread: CSS Revive

Default CSS Revive

Can i suggest removing this revive crap off the server
    thanks

Are you referring to Dust2? I don't remember that ever being a feature..

Reviving is a feature that's just been added temporarily to gauge community perception to the plugin.
    @Custom Stats

Oh okay, I went and played the server and figured out what was going on.

I honestly... am on the fence about it?

It doesn't ADD anything to the server at all, it unbalances it from what was previously entirely based on skill and team coordination, to just... CT, I saw most people on CT could barely aim or frag at all, but they sure as hell understood how to revive.

It's a cool concept but there are better things to add to the server than this. The old school knife fight plugin that triggered during 1v1's comes to mind. Or a random special round every last round, like allowing AWP's for one round, or an all auto round, knives only .etc.

I don't think it changes the server favorably to the hardcore, dedicated population we have for it, they're VERY particular purists. It will definitely not help the population in my opinion, I think D2 should just be left as it is, to have it's own little corner.

I understand the intent, however, behind it's implementation, and do support trying to spice things up for more stale servers, but Dust 2 in particular is one that should just be left... as is.
    Last edited by TomSL; 11-02-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Thanks Division LeaderCustom Stats thanked for this post
    Likes AdvisorSimon, Moyye liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TomSL View Post
    I understand the intent, however, behind it's implementation, and do support trying to spice things up for more stale servers, but Dust 2 in particular is one that should just be left... as is.
    While I have not hopped on to check this out, I have to agree with this - our Dust2 players have always been very particular (Similar to our old DoD:S servers) and have stuck around this long with us because they like it a certain way.

It would obviously be great to hear from the players there, although not many visit the forums often. But I've played this server on and off for almost 10 years now and know that people come expecting a certain experience.

I second or third TomSL's breakdown. Fun idea and for a while gameplay, but better choices if you want to add to server (ones he mentioned are neat, def the knife 1v1, others can be brainstormed or w/e). I thought it was initially just a kind of halloween event deal (raise the dead, hello?) but after playing a day of it, im gonna say not worth it.

@Custom Stats
    Do you mind if we get a little bit more insight onto why it was implemented? It would help with understanding it's implementation a bit.

Due to Dust 2 having a very very lacking community based population and more people population it's hard to do outreach for them, so having words to give them from both sides to get their opinions helps as well.

@mRChris

Thanks for the suggestion, after hearing other people's opinions we felt this was too much to add as it made the counter-terrorist team unbalanced, so we've removed the plugin~

~Closed