User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I think would be difficult is to keep track of who should and shouldn't be on these servers. It could very quickly just end up being 2 jail servers.
    The distinction between the servers would be so hard to keep, I agree.
    It's just going to turn into 2 servers.
    There's no rules saying "if you don't know how to play, you can only play on this server, if you're good at this one, you can only play on this one."
    Not only is no one going to really understand what is going on, but, quite frankly, no one is going to care if there's a server to help new people. All they're going to see is people they can dominate over.
    Admins are not on all the time so it's going to just be another server with more problems, more rule breaking, and with rules that are so unbelievably unregulated.

While I love the idea that people who are all new are learning together, wouldn't it be confusing to only be around new players and not understand what all is going on? You'd have to have a teacher of some sort.
    Where would you get them? The other servers? Where they could be learning by example anyways?

I want you to kinda imagine this happening and the chain of events that everyone will have to go through in order to make this all happen.
    In the end... it all is pretty pointless.

I think this post could more serve actually as encouragement to take on new players and help them out, make friends with them, and bring them to be more involved in our community (knock knock, recruitment)
    Who's there?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Dislikes Blossom disliked this post

The veterans should be encouraging the growth and learning of the new players. It encourages growth of our community as a whole. I think players are drawn to our servers because of our strong involvement from admins. I've never been on any other TTT or JB server with the kind of admin coverage we have and that in itself makes us reputable I believe.

Generally speaking with new players, its important to be patient and explain where they went wrong when they break a rule. At one point in time we were all the noob that players were getting angry at for breaking/bending the rules. The discouragement really comes from the disrespect against them for breaking the rules when they are fresh on the server and trying to learn.

Another aspect of this (just to add to what others said) that I think would be difficult is to keep track of who should and shouldn't be on these servers. It could very quickly just end up being 2 jail servers. It could also make our JB community a bit divisive - "I'm a pro and ur a noob, go back to your own server".
    Last edited by Custom Stats; 11-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
    It's more about other people helping out new people than it is us training them to play on our servers.

Having another server would be pointless.
    +1 an extra is just going to mess with the player count not needed
    Likes Blossom liked this post

Check out her work or ask for one as well! --> https://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?

(knock knock, recruitment)
    hehe
    Member Services Admin Trainer My steam - Discord
    PM or Add me if you have any questions about anything eGO related

Hey! I'm really struggling to find build space and spawns and regular servers so i've found myself on here looking to join someone else. I'm planning on playing mostly with my son (9yo) as he's really into sandbox modes on his own games. But as mentioned, playing on regular servers with him has led to frustration as we're limited on progress due to space. Anyway before you accept us, we won't be full-time as players but will be regular at least, as we're just looking for somewhere to play at our own pace. Shareit vidmate
    Last edited by barrysingh102; 12-10-2019 at 03:57 AM.
    Likes Hello?, Supporterdryden liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by barrysingh102 View Post
    Hey! I'm really struggling to find build space and spawns and regular servers so i've found myself on here looking to join someone else. I'm planning on playing mostly with my son (9yo) as he's really into sandbox modes on his own games. But as mentioned, playing on regular servers with him has led to frustration as we're limited on progress due to space. Anyway before you accept us, we won't be full-time as players but will be regular at least, as we're just looking for somewhere to play at our own pace.
    amazing hope to see you and your kid around man if you ever need any help we old members are always here but I think you're in the wrong part of the forum to do your introduction

Check out her work or ask for one as well! --> https://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?

Quote Originally Posted by Hello? View Post
    amazing hope to see you and your kid around man if you ever need any help we old members are always here but I think you're in the wrong part of the forum to do your introduction
    "old"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2