User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JollyDoctor View Post
    Even if those greenzones are turned off and we say dealers/mechanics are off the table, what's stopping them from protecting their turf and shooting you as you try to rob their clients? Or is the goal to have PD/Security companies at these locations 24/7, essentially creating a green zone.
    I figured out what you meant, they would need to agree not to do so? Honestly I feel like you are pointing out unrealistic flaws in this. A car dealership or a mechanic shop is most likely not going to gun down a guy robbing the store because most of them don't carry guns at their shop or jobs. And no, I don't support 24/7 security, nobody wants that job. How many car dealers or mechanic shops do you know that maintain a security presence? I've never seen a single one. Same goes for parking garages.

BUT, if you wanted to stretch here and allow them to defend their turf, they now make themselves a potential target by getting involved, I say they become fair game if they can't stay out of the conflict.
    Last edited by Cryptic Strolski; 10-14-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Even if those greenzones are turned off and we say dealers/mechanics are off the table, what's stopping them from protecting their turf and shooting you as you try to rob their clients? Or is the goal to have PD/Security companies at these locations 24/7, essentially creating a green zone.
    Do car dealers usually carry guns in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Rekty View Post
    Do car dealers usually carry guns in America?
    No, they don't. I've bought quite a few cars, worked in a couple dealerships, none of them allowed staff to carry firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravis Strolski View Post
    I figured out what you meant, they would need to agree not to do so? Honestly I feel like you are pointing out unrealistic flaws in this. A car dealership or a mechanic shop is most likely not going to gun down a guy robbing the store because most of them don't carry guns at their shop or jobs. And no, I don't support 24/7 security, nobody wants that job. How many car dealers or mechanic shops do you know that maintain a security presence? I've never seen a single one. Same goes for parking garages.

BUT, if you wanted to stretch here and allow them to defend their turf, they now make themselves a potential target by getting involved, I say they become fair game if they can't stay out of the conflict.
    So if you come and hold their client up at gun point they're supposed to look away?

Also considering the crime rates in the city right now I would say it's quite realistic for most people to be armed.

So if you come and hold their client up at gun point they're supposed to look away?
    It would be unrealistic for car dealers to be packing first off, I've never met a single one who was allowed to carry a firearm at work. Secondly, I explained how you solve that. If the dealer wants to defend the client, they become fair game, that seems pretty realistic to me.

Also considering the crime rates in the city right now I would say it's quite realistic for most people to be armed.
    Like I said in my second sentence. The dealer choosing to defend the client is the dealer making the choice to enter that roleplay scenario and they will face the consequences of doing so good or bad.
    Last edited by Cryptic Strolski; 10-14-2019 at 05:56 PM.

I dont like how the dealership became a greenzone, me and @sesh99 did a Pagani robbery on @D3FaulT and it was amazing rp and was a blast
    Likes sesh99 liked this post

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by whatusying View Post
    I dont like how the dealership became a greenzone, me and @sesh99 did a Pagani robbery on @D3FaulT and it was amazing rp and was a blast
    Agreed, was a fun time. But in the same case many people were violent constantly in the area.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Crime rates are already high enough to put Detroit to shame, I dont think we need more reason to commit crime.

Maybe when AI call 911 to report crimes in progress, and the default response to someone with a gun is call 911 instead of try to gun them down, it will make sense to revisit green zones.
    Last edited by RedDragonKnight; 10-14-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I personally have multiple opinions on this subject and similar subjects. On this topic i feel that removal of greenzone's will benefit many people. and it will make many people mad if they get shot inside a circle that they cant really defend them self at. I feel rp situations and killing should be allowed but its a grey area if they're inside the circle trying to pull a car out. or put one away. On another subject I would like to see some rdm rule exceptions such as a gang war. Also i would like to have a situation where your intent is to kill someone, like a hitman and would think if you have a hit on someone and you know what they look like you should be able to shoot them without initiation, this would add some use to sniper rifles as only use is basically having coverage during a robbery, and even that is a grey area because the sniper himself didn't initiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravis Strolski View Post

Another solution, since you don't want these individuals messed with while on duty is to add an on and off duty option for their organizations, on duty gives dealers and mechanics god mode. No reason that should be an advantage since they are not allowed to be attacked anyway right? Bit of a stretch but I'm spitballing here..
    If they are godmode then they wouldnt be able to defend their establishment either because it would be a one ended fight.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast