User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think the end of GameStop is near?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 57.14%
  • No

18 13.53%
  • Maybe/not sure yet

33 24.81%
  • Other (Please explain)

6 4.51%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default Do you think the end of GameStop is near?

Do you think the end of GameStop is near?

If you have an idea for a poll, please submit poll suggestions in the "Front Page Poll Questions" thread.

Yep. Haven't gone to a gamestop in 5 years I believe. Their stock is plummeting with digital distribution being easily available now. Their recent layoff tells the story sadly.
    Likes Board of DirectorsArtimus liked this post

I see how GameStop is most likely going to share the same fate as Blockbuster, however, whenever I go to a mall and walk past GameStop, it's always crowded, I guess some people like going out to GameStop and getting hard copies. I bet in a few years it will die out though.
    Likes Lolitsnico liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
    I see how GameStop is most likely going to share the same fate as Blockbuster
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/BLOC....0456257?hl=en

That is possible. The stores are already in place. I wonder if there's a Quiznos nearby?

What I hate about Gamestop is that they charge too much for pre-owned games, they don't have Elite Pro rewards anymore, they give you like little to nothing for trade ins...I find little to no incentive to walk into a Gamestop. I do like the ThinkGeek part of the store where they have the T-Shirts and stuff and I always end up getting something there. I end up skipping the video games to check that out now more often due to the aforementioned reasons.

They can turn this around...I think... they should charge less for pre-owned there's no reason why in 2019 a copy of Twilight Princess on Wii U should be $34.99 still... (yes I'm trying to get my mitts on that), the RETRO thing maybe helps them but I hope they don't try to overcharge for incomplete sets of games. There's no reason why the people helping you by subscribing to your loyalty program to have gotten shafted, I used to buy a lot more stuff than nothing now when I was getting 20% off. I would say get rid of that magazine, it probably cost more to print and I never got mine anyways (it was free with the loyalty card). It's a shame, I still prefer to get physical discs cause you never know when the digital game will get de-listed due to licensing (Scott Pilgrim i'm starring at you) and Amazon would probably be the only way to still get them aside from like Walmart or Target or Best Buy. They don't have a large selection like Gamestop has sadly. That just leaves ebay...and its hit or miss there.

f Gamestop. They always were so cheap to give you $ for your shit.
    Likes Maserati liked this post

No. Gaming is more than just about the online gaming experience.
    Dislikes Maryvale disliked this post

=(e)= February 20th 2019
    =(eG)= July 4th 2019

I used to like it when it was more for game geeks, you know? The people working there weren't just on the hippest and newest games, they loved tons and tons of games. They used to sell stuff for so many consoles and not just current gen stuff.

However as others said, anytime I go by it's fairly busy in my local mall. Not much for me to buy there but they seem to have expanded beyond just selling games.

The one thing that keeps gamestop alive is Console Gaming. Obviously you can purchase games online with any console, however it's a lot more tedious for those who are not at all tech savy. My opinion is as follows, Gamestop will slowly die, but once Console Gaming loses more popularity Gamestop will end.

Quote Originally Posted by lofi View Post
    The one thing that keeps gamestop alive is Console Gaming. Obviously you can purchase games online with any console, however it's a lot more tedious for those who are not at all tech savy. My opinion is as follows, Gamestop will slowly die, but once Console Gaming loses more popularity Gamestop will end.
    Console gaming is here to stay. Most people just want something that plugs in and works. PS4 was selling at Christmas for $200, that’s a much better value than any pc. Plus you got console only games like FIFA and Madden, and their exclusives.
    Likes Simon, Idol liked this post

Gamestop will fix their shit if they move online, if they don't, they'll die.

There's really no other way to put it
    Member Since 8/17/17

Admin Since 12/25/17

Main Game is CSGO
    Side Game is GTA V
    Addtionally, osu!

Hit me up for my game IDs

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast