User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7890110 View Post
    Okay, from what I have seen in videos they have been putting a 1060TI founders edition in it
    While it totally will fit, the card requires you have a minimum of 400W power supply - it can pull 120W on its own. The one I linked above would be the same model and would fit. You're just running a decent risk. That's the biggest issue with OEM (dell, hp, etc) prebuilt machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    While it totally will fit, the card requires you have a minimum of 400W power supply - it can pull 120W on its own. The one I linked above would be the same model and would fit. You're just running a decent risk. That's the biggest issue with OEM (dell, hp, etc) prebuilt machines.
    So If I added a new power supply, then I could get a better graphics card?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7890110 View Post
    So If I added a new power supply, then I could get a better graphics card?
    You cannot change the power supply on your machine. It's partially external (hence the giant brick you have connected to it. Similar to how a laptop is set up. There's no room for changing it to anything else and would be a massive cooling issue too. Sorry, there is little to nothing you can change out on this particular model.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonKnight View Post
    Time for a brand new everything
    Ya Basically but I would prefer a custom build not a walmart pre-built with an extra 100$ for building and shitty specs
    Thanks LokiJuanKanopy thanked for this post

[/url]

Well, there's another possible option that I don't think that has been explored. The one important question is: are the components inside welded to the case or similar? In other words, is it possible to remove all the components within the case? Barring the PSU, which would need to be replaced regardless, it may be possible to get a new case for the components, put in a better PSU and then you have both the airflow, power, and space to put in a new GPU.

A few threads in tomshardware has the same suggestions, though they never did follow-up on saying that they were able to move the components to a new case or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipeye View Post
    Well, there's another possible option that I don't think that has been explored. The one important question is: are the components inside welded to the case or similar? In other words, is it possible to remove all the components within the case? Barring the PSU, which would need to be replaced regardless, it may be possible to get a new case for the components, put in a better PSU and then you have both the airflow, power, and space to put in a new GPU.

A few threads in tomshardware has the same suggestions, though they never did follow-up on saying that they were able to move the components to a new case or not.
    I’ve found most Dell based hardware, particularly the motherboards do not size up properly not have the same sitting position and screws as regular ATX/iTX. It’s unfortunate. Guess you could do some sort of custom case for yourself... but the power supply would be interesting to sort out since it’s external, like a laptop - not sure how it’s all connected within.

When I purchased my computer from a buddy, I dropped it and my graphics card now sites slightly crooked from the motherboard. It still functions although has a slight overheating problem. Eventually gonna have to replace it. Would need something that can fit in 6 prong.

That's the main question, I believe. Typically, these kinds of computers may have the parts soldered on, if not customized like you said. Some of the threads I read, however, hinted that it's a mATX design mobo, so I was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by redchance View Post
    When I purchased my computer from a buddy, I dropped it and my graphics card now sites slightly crooked from the motherboard. It still functions although has a slight overheating problem. Eventually gonna have to replace it. Would need something that can fit in 6 prong.
    Why is it sitting crooked? Did you damage the PCI-E connector? Did you ever re-align and rescrew the GPU securely?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast