User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Default Team eGO in CS:GO

Hello everyone! I'm about to drop a hefty post, so here goes:

For those of you who may not be aware, I am a long time member returning after many years of inactivity. My brother and I joined in 2008 primarily as a part of the CS:S division, and often visiting DoD:S and TF2. I had many great memories with many members of this clan, specifically with the Counter - Strike division, and I am greatly humbled at the fact that I am still allowed to be here as part of this community. I am enthusiastic and eager to get to know this new wave of members; but this thread will be aimed at something else that has been on my mind since returning to eGO.

I remember seeing different divisions (Insurgency, WaW, etc.) along with different names and faces, but I suppose many things have changed over the last decade or so. Perhaps not just with EdgeGamers, but also with the world around us, along with the rules or "traditions" of society.

One of these "traditions" that I am referring to has seriously blown up in the past decade; this phenomena of virtual competition, or what we all like to call "E - Sports". There are many games ranging from Dota 2 and LoL, to Tekken and Street Fighter, to Overwatch and Rainbow Six. BUT, this is the CS:GO forum after all

SO BASICALLY, my thoughts returning have been as follows :

Do we still scrim against other teams or clans? I remember at the time, our CS:S division had a small group of players that would train consistently and eventually compete against other clans and what not.

Do we have any sort of organized competitive group or teams within our eGO CS division?

If we don't, do we have a lot, if any number of players that are confident/good enough to compete?

If we aren't good enough skill wise, is it something we can/would like to achieve through organized training sessions and get-togethers? (i.e. Studying Maps, Discussion of Economy, Meta of the game and weapons, etc.)

Do we have players in the CS division that are even interested in competing in the first place? Taking this game to a competitive level is quite the endeavor, and can become easily frustrating to anyone that is training or learning to "git gud" at that level of skill. It would be understandable if the majority of eGO players do not have any interest in competing.

Anyway, these are all one guy's thoughts. I asked a few other members that are higher up in the ranks, and they found it interesting for discussion, at the very least, so I figured I'd ask the community and acquaint myself while seeing what you all think.

TL;DR : Does eGO have CS:GO players that consider themselves to be high level, and are interested enough to compete in a professional setting?
    Likes AdvisorPower_Outlet liked this post

those were the good ole days
    Thanks Meowcenaries, Polack thanked for this post
    Likes DeadAimGunCon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    boomer alert
    Thanks Polack, EpicFlamingos thanked for this post
    Likes DeadAimGunCon, AdvisorPower_Outlet liked this post

Questions about being an admin? PM me here.

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    boomer ass quote
    Thanks Meowcenaries thanked for this post

So EdgeGamers (specifically the Counter Strike DIVISION) has tried a handful of times to host a competitive team, whether that be through CEVO, CAL, even thoughts of ESEA came up. The main issue that happens is the teams burn out after a singular season and the participation dies off mid season. I had the pleasure of being apart of one of the teams that EdgeGamers hosted back in 2013. It was a very fun season, but it just couldn't stick after the season was done. Also when it comes to truly having a competitive team, compensation comes up a lot. To truly host a team that trains 5-6 times a week while also putting in effort individually to watch demos, deathmatch, and overall become a better player would take financial compensation. This of course would have to be discussed at the CM+ level.

Now, I'm not saying I'm completely against the idea of having a team compete under our banner. If we were able to build a team that was willing to put forth the effort that I just described above AND showed their dedication for a period of time that was deemed to be comparable, then I would look at it seriously with financial support in mind (not saying the rest of EdgeGamers would, but I would definitely be interested in bringing it to the rest of the CM+ team).

Hopefully this made sense to you. If it doesn't, feel free to ask any questions based off my response.
    Thanks Community ManagementArbiter, DeadAimGunCon thanked for this post
    Likes Simon liked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem Death View Post
    So EdgeGamers (specifically the Counter Strike DIVISION) has tried a handful of times to host a competitive team, whether that be through CEVO, CAL, even thoughts of ESEA came up. The main issue that happens is the teams burn out after a singular season and the participation dies off mid season. I had the pleasure of being apart of one of the teams that EdgeGamers hosted back in 2013. It was a very fun season, but it just couldn't stick after the season was done. Also when it comes to truly having a competitive team, compensation comes up a lot. To truly host a team that trains 5-6 times a week while also putting in effort individually to watch demos, deathmatch, and overall become a better player would take financial compensation. This of course would have to be discussed at the CM+ level.

Now, I'm not saying I'm completely against the idea of having a team compete under our banner. If we were able to build a team that was willing to put forth the effort that I just described above AND showed their dedication for a period of time that was deemed to be comparable, then I would look at it seriously with financial support in mind (not saying the rest of EdgeGamers would, but I would definitely be interested in bringing it to the rest of the CM+ team).

Hopefully this made sense to you. If it doesn't, feel free to ask any questions based off my response.
    That is so cool! I had no idea eGO once had teams. WOW That's awesome, and a shame it didn't stick. This gives me hope for the future.

Compensation imo would have to be something at the back of the minds of whoever may want to play for eGO. I mean, it is necessary (absolutely) once the team has reached a major point. But hopefully players aren't like "wHeReS mY mOnEy" and instead are focused on bettering themselves for competition.

I don't think I have any questions, thank you for your reply! It's bittersweet lol, but I think it's been left on a positive note.

Hopefully this thread attracts strong eGO CS players, coming in on this thread flexing like ᕦ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)ᕤ "You guys need a PRO"

You guys need a PRO? on a real note I use to love grinding with the source guys for scrims all the time. Source was the days man! I use to try to play in ESEA etc but life got me to busy haha.
    Thanks DeadAimGunCon thanked for this post

<a href=http://www.speedtest.net/result/4745929493.png target=_blank>http://www.speedtest.net/result/4745929493.png</a>

Deag would make a solid player for the team. I cant think of any body else who is dmg+ though. I myself cant hold a rank over gn4 so I wouldnt be able to compete. Although ranks dont matter so much it is pretty evident if a player cant make it out of gold nova they're not even close to good enough and honestly the mg to dmg ranks probably arent good enough either. Course many of the best players dont play the core game comp and instead play ESEA or equivilant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem Death View Post

Depends on what level they are playing at. Esea open or IM I wouldn't expect sponsers or an org as backing. Not unheard of though. I am currently playing Main in esea and am sponsered by an org, this org covers league fees and any online or in person tourney expenses. Overall league fees for main are $20 a person per season.

If eGO were to create an open team I would expect the players to pay their own fee, as it is just $10. Depending on how they do, that may change, may not.

Quote Originally Posted by redchance View Post
    Deag would make a solid player for the team. I cant think of any body else who is dmg+ though. I myself cant hold a rank over gn4 so I wouldnt be able to compete. Although ranks dont matter so much it is pretty evident if a player cant make it out of gold nova they're not even close to good enough and honestly the mg to dmg ranks probably arent good enough either. Course many of the best players dont play the core game comp and instead play ESEA or equivilant.
    Sprayzz and arbiter are both LE aswell ^^

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast