User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

I agree and disagree with a few things here, I agree with @Remas097. The way the Dealership is currently ran has potential to provide some pretty good RP if both parties contribute enough to the scene, this can be achieved by using /me and asking general questions to the employee at the Dealership.

Although, I would love to see what @Summer suggested be implemented, as she said it's a win, win. I don't see it as "forced rp", all this suggestion does is give people more RP opportunities when it comes to buying from the Dealership. If they want to try and haggle the price down, then they would now have that option to do so.

What if they just decide not to haggle so they can pocket the extra 10k HMMM?!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonKnight View Post
    That would be where competition comes in. If one dealer isn't willing to haggle but the other is, maybe the customer will wait him out and try with the other dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonKnight View Post
    That was my other concern, with the "MONEY IS EVERYTHING" mentality that a lot of players have.

Also if the dealer does not go down in price then everyone will flip why they now have to pay more for a car than what the actual price is supposed to be. On the other hand, if dealer guys are on a good day they will always go down to that MAP price anyways (which is what will happen most of the time anyways) so the haggle RP will just get super boring as it will happen with every customer as no one wants to spend more money than they have to.

Any idea I have, I spend a lot of time to look at it from different perspectives to try and balance the gameplay out for everyone. Like I always say. I really don't care about money. So the idea of making more money from people not haggling, IF I do increase the price doesn't even excite me. I will use the money dealership earns to give back to the Civs in different RP scenarios anyways. For example by donating cars as rewards for different events hosted by LSTA, Fire, R&R Racing etc, Or even going around letting people guess a number and give them some money if they get it right. I'm all for good and full of effort RP scenes.

So by making a decision that will influence the way people RP to be scripted-like is not something that I'm excited about.

idk about yall but i brought my camaro from 25k to 16k not snitching tho

I personally think that it should be given a trial run. I can see both sides of this and where both people are coming from. People want more chances to RP with dealership, not saying that there arent already everyone who mentioned some above thats just a small portion theres much more but limiting a pretty big factor that some people would enjoy might not be the best option. But also on the other side everyone will probably Haggle down to the retail price anyway which could result in tedious RP. A trial run should truly test how this mechanic would run and see how it affects everyone if the Dealer is a really good negotiater and both are truly engaged it could actually be fun. My Thoughts and Opinions ~Ink
    Thanks Remas097 thanked for this post

Malchanceux

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2