User Tag List

Default Been out of it for a while need help with GPU

Looking for a high 1080p-decent 1440p GPU for like 400-500$ I don't know if I should go with AMD or Nvidia and benchmarks are all over the place. I just need it for gaming and medium rendering probably max 2 monitor usage

Also couldn't find anything on it but if a company is releasing something soon that would be nice to know

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    "Dying is the highest form of ecstasy" Euphoria Episode 2

@Matrix i use a PNY GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4gb video memory i have double monitor ASUS 144hz 1080p works perfectly
    Dislikes Snipeye disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by whatusying View Post
    @Matrix i use a PNY GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4gb video memory i have double monitor ASUS 144hz 1080p works perfectly
    Trying to not upgrade for a while after this one so looking for something beefier

Nvidia, in my opinion, has the better GPU. If you want just enough to do 1440p, a 1660 Ti should be plenty, most models are less than $300.

If you're going for something all around just better, just go for a RTX 2060 Super or a RTX 2070 Super. They're essentially the best of the best, for what they do, minus ray-tracing.
    Damage Given to "=(eGO)= xblade111" - 2882 in 58 hits

Quote Originally Posted by peloc View Post
    Nvidia, in my opinion, has the better GPU. If you want just enough to do 1440p, a 1660 Ti should be plenty, most models are less than $300.

If you're going for something all around just better, just go for a RTX 2060 Super or a RTX 2070 Super. They're essentially the best of the best, for what they do, minus ray-tracing.
    Is Ray tracing worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Is Ray tracing worth it?

Unless you really like "pretty" lighting, no.
    Damage Given to "=(eGO)= xblade111" - 2882 in 58 hits

Nvidia is generally my preference. I've found the drivers to be better, the hardware to last longer, the power to be there, and overall longevity.

With that price range, you can totally get a 2060, or ball out on a 1660 with some really nice cooling.

https://www.newegg.ca/evga-geforce-r...82E16814487442

https://www.newegg.ca/evga-geforce-g...82E16814487439

I'm a bit partial to EVGA (I really like their designs and warranty). This would be quite good I feel.

Either card would be great for what you already own on Steam (Checked your library) and be great for years to come.
    Likes Snipeye liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nvidia is generally my preference. I've found the drivers to be better, the hardware to last longer, the power to be there, and overall longevity.

With that price range, you can totally get a 2060, or ball out on a 1660 with some really nice cooling.

https://www.newegg.ca/evga-geforce-r...82E16814487442

https://www.newegg.ca/evga-geforce-g...82E16814487439

I'm a bit partial to EVGA (I really like their designs and warranty). This would be quite good I feel.

Either card would be great for what you already own on Steam (Checked your library) and be great for years to come.
    So is the 1660 better or 2060 better?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    So is the 1660 better or 2060 better?

The 2060 is about 15% faster than the 1660. Just that much beefier.
    Likes Snipeye liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The 2060 is about 15% faster than the 1660. Just that much beefier.
    It's also more future proof when/if Ray Tracing becomes a bigger deal. And it's using GDDR6 instead of the older GDDR5 (for the 1050 comparison).
    Likes Simon liked this post