User Tag List

Cool Stuttering on CS:GO

yo so I've been experiencing stuttering in cs:go and I have no idea what is causing the problem. I haven't noticed this with other games like R6S. I have tried a few different things I've seen suggested on different forums such as setting my cores or changing priority for cs etc. I've also tried limiting my frames but that doesnt help. Of course I also verified the integrity of my files and have reinstalled the game with no fix. Any suggestions as to a fix are appreciated

My PC: 16 Gigabytes of Installed Ram
    AMD FX-6300 Six Core Processor 3.50 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (I know it sucks lol)

Assuming you area already running everything on LOW settings in CS:GO?

GT cards are generally not at all optimized for games at all though - they do video playback and basic games at best. This is likely part of the bottleneck here. It isn't great for modern games at all.

Is this stuttering new or has it been like this for some time? Are your GPU drivers up to date?

My drivers are up to date and I have tried the game on lowest settings and the game plays the same. I know the graphics card is hot trash but i played it before on this same one and it was fine. The stuttering is new as of ~2 days ago when I reinstalled cs. My frames are around 120; they peak at 150 and drop down to around 60 on some eGo maps

There was a CS:GO update just a few days ago - something could have become an issue there. When it stutters, are you seeing any errors in console?