User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ayto View Post
    Luck based would be making the prisoners stand in one spot, and even then the deathcrate usually spins around on the edges of the pit if it's in a circle shape like on the Minecraft maps.

There is a strategy to deathcrate, like staying in the middle of the pit, or following the cube, etc. which is why I think it should stay as a strategy based and should be allowed to be played first. There's definitely more to deathcrate than crouching against the outer wall while roulette and 9 square (I think that's what it's called, (1) square dies and the rest live) are completely luck-based.
    I believe it was @Benster who made a series of clips disproving each tactic from standing in the middle, crouching on the edges, etc

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    "Dying is the highest form of ecstasy" Euphoria Episode 2

While I do agree doing death-crate first game is of poor taste I disagree in considering it luck based since it has some skill to it.

Current rules helps prevent cancer games like deathcrate from being played as the first game consecutively.

The amount of time this has been a thread is mindblowing! Deathcrate has skill to it so it's not luck-based it's just like when people try to say break floor is luck-based like tf are you on about

Quote Originally Posted by CloudOnPC View Post
    The amount of time this has been a thread is mindblowing! Deathcrate has skill to it so it's not luck-based it's just like when people try to say break floor is luck-based like tf are you on about
    Sure, they both have an element of skill or a strategy to not perish, but it's still mostly luck. Are you saying that the crate randomly changing directions and flattening you makes you think "ah yes, this happened because of my lack of skill and not because of dumb luck."? They're not rewarding or fun games to play because there's no way that you can really win or lose due to your own skill (or lack of it).
    Thanks Matrix thanked for this post

Shalom, Member Services and Media Team

Social Media:
    Discord: Shalom#0317 | Steam | Twitter | Instagram | Twitch

I'm going to go ahead and end this thread now, seeing as it's already been answered HERE. We can sit here all day long and say that death crate is a luck based game, a skill based game, or both a luck based game and skilled based game. At the end of the day we won't be disallowing this from being played as a first map game. Thank you for a second suggestion on this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4