User Tag List

View Poll Results: What color are your eyes?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amber

2 1.06%
  • Blue

52 27.51%
  • Brown

71 37.57%
  • Gray

2 1.06%
  • Green

27 14.29%
  • Hazel

29 15.34%
  • Red

4 2.12%
  • Violet

2 1.06%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDopeDragon View Post
    source?
    While using the term "mutant" is a bit intense, it's not incorrect. I'll link a PDF of some of the scientific research below. The basic idea is that humans, at one point, all had dark (brown) colored eyes. At some point in history, there was a mutation in a gene that caused the the pigment intensity in the eyes to differ. This is essentially the single "common ancestor" for all humans with blue eyes. Over time, because this was not ever seen as a trait that hinders survival nor provide an advantage (except perhaps in mating), the mutation was allowed to stay within human society. Over many years, the trait was spread and has continued to spread resulting in numerous individuals with blue eyes.

Link to PDF

It's actually some pretty interesting stuff if you have the time to read about it. It's actually similar to those who have "red/violet" eyes. Red eyes are, in fact, not a natural eye color for humans. No human truly has "red/violet eyes". What is being observed as red eyes, especially in cases of albinism, is actually another defect/genetic mutation that results in minimal pigment or lack of a pigment in the eyes. When light hits the eyes of these individuals, it is actually taking the reflected (or refraction rather for you physics people) color from the blood vessels in the eyes that then fills the "empty space" created due to a lack of pigment in the eyes. That is why we can observe people with "red/violet eyes".
    Last edited by _MEGA; 07-22-2019 at 05:38 AM.
    Likes AdvisorArchitect of Life liked this post

Mega is correct and anyone that says otherwise is trying to sell something

Mine are actually gray-green. Haven't really seen many other pairs like them.
    Thanks Idol thanked for this post

MyAnimeList | League | osu!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Haven't really seen many other pairs like them.
    Have you tried looking in a mirror?

/me runs
    Last edited by Idol; 07-23-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    Thanks Bryan thanked for this post

What do you do if your eyes change between blue and green?

i have no eyes
    =(e)= February 20th 2019
    =(eG)= July 4th 2019

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast