User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Default =(eG)='s get Tempbans

Right now especially after CSGO became free to play and hackers have multiple accounts, they are coming back on and just overall disrupting the server. The worst I've seen is a dude came on saying who wants the server to crash and actually slowed it down to the point where if an eGO wasn't on at that exact time it would've closed. This is why I am saying eG's should be able to get temp-ban permissions at most 15-30 minutes and should be held accountable to ban notes and consequences if they abuse this as well. The two main reasons being

A. Can control the server if no eGO's are on
    B. Good practice for if / when they get promoted to eGO
    C. Buying 5$ membership unlocks this power, and anyone who plays the server knows the vote is pretty much is gonna be in favor against the perpetrator
    Dislikes Meowcenaries, Corrupted disliked this post

"Dying is the highest form of ecstasy" Euphoria Episode 2

eGO is basically eG with ban powers.

While I agree that we should be letting eG have access to banning people, I'd like to suggest an alternative to what you suggested. Because eGs don't/shouldn't have access to ban system, for every ban they make... they need to make a ban request for any player they ban. This will ensure the logging and lets the trial period go by smoothly.

Making a ban request on a banned player sounds redundant for advisor's attention, therefore an AT+ (or even some eGO) can approve/disaprove the ban request from an eG (on players they banned). Disapprove obviously means the person gets unbanned and should resemble the same procedure of eGO's making a false ban (or perhaps stricter since its eG trial period).

Nice idea
    Likes ih, steep liked this post

Dedicated Supporter and Adblocker see this Ad.

Another solution would be to switch them to spectator, maybe add a feature that prevents them for choosing a team?Hence not being able to cheat/greif + it takes away their fun.
    For example, today Sam was putting this one cheater "selly" in spectator at the start of the round(because if he bans him hell just come back)but I bet it was annoying. The guy was constantly changing names. So I would say add a feautre that gives you power to put somone in spectator team for like 5 rounds, after a few times of trying to join they will get annoyed and leave.
    Likes Ledzo liked this post

Just make a ban request and if they are actively disrupting the server, find an eGO on teamspeak/forums to see if they can do a more immediate temporary ban. eG's are considered admins-in-trial, so giving them the same powers as an eGO would be useless.
    Thanks Symba thanked for this post
    Likes Idol liked this post
    Dislikes AdvisorLarry_Da_Lobster, Godzilla, Grassy, Ledzo disliked this post

Questions about being an admin? PM me here.

We should give eG's voteban permissions (30mins - 1hr). eG's won't be able to execute a voteban command if an eGO+ is currently on the server similar to how donators are unable to initiate a voteban/votekick if an admin is on.

eG's should of course continue following the w/kprocedure where applicable before initiating a voteban. They should then post a ban request to up the time if manager+ sees fit.

If we allow donators to have voteban powers I don't see why we don't give these powers to eG's.

We used to have CT bans for CS JB which was great for eG's to practice banning and making ban notes. CT bans also prevented troublesome players from playing CT without completely removing them from our server allowing them to learn from their mistakes.
    Last edited by Jacko; 07-12-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    Dislikes Meowcenaries disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    We should give eG's voteban permissions (30mins - 1hr). eG's won't be able to execute a voteban command if an eGO+ is currently on the server similar to how donators are unable to initiate a voteban/votekick if an admin is on.

eG's should of course continue following the w/k/b procedure where applicable before initiating a voteban. They should then post a ban request to up the time if manager+ sees fit.

If we allow donators to have voteban powers I don't see why we don't give these powers to eG's.

We used to have CT bans for CS JB which was great for eG's to practice banning and making ban notes. CT bans also prevented troublesome players from playing CT without completely removing them from our server allowing them to learn from their mistakes.
    I think @Jacko said it the best but rather than eG(s) accessing ban notes, let them write a ban request on the offender(s) and leadership can handle it. A one hour temp ban is the best thing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowcenaries View Post
    Just make a ban request and if they are actively disrupting the server, find an eGO on teamspeak/forums to see if they can do a more immediate temporary ban. eG's are considered admins-in-trial, so giving them the same powers as an eGO would be useless.
    The problem is with premium hacks they can crash servers at will, the last time it happened was 2 weeks ago and if Arbiter wasn't on it would've worked. Me moving him to spectator would've done nothing and kicks are pointless especially if he changed his name and or had non-english characters
    Thanks Peoples People thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post

eG's should of course continue following the w/k/b procedure where applicable before initiating a voteban. They should then post a ban request to up the time if manager+ sees fit.

You have so many hours on pG + eGO servers so you know the chance of a voteban being declined is like 1 every 1000 votes. Also it takes out of account that straight up memers vote No because they think its "funny" or "edgy". Considering admins are trained to know the rules their decisions shouldn't be in the hands of the players

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    You have so many hours on pG + eGO servers so you know the chance of a voteban being declined is like 1 every 1000 votes. Also it takes out of account that straight up memers vote No because they think its "funny" or "edgy". Considering admins are trained to know the rules their decisions shouldn't be in the hands of the players
    Like @Meowcenaries mentioned eG's are 'admin-in-trial'. We don't give Juniors server bans to prevent abuse of power. eG's are promoted because we THINK they have the potential to be successful admins.

We need to first see how they handle simple powers like muting and kicking because we won't truly know if someone is power abusive until they are given certain admin privileges.

However there are cases where an extremely abusive player needs to be taken off the server immediately and there isn't always an eGO at hand. A compromise is to allow the eG to at the very least have voteban so if the majority of players deem someone unfit for the server they will vote him off the island.

eG's are probationary admins. They are in trial periods.

No one wants to hear they are just in trial, but they are. It's similar to being in probation at a job. It comes with restrictions.

Giving eG's the ability to ban would take merit away from being an eGO, even if it's temporary.

Of course, I am not in this community, so my words fall on deaf ears.

Good luck.
    Thanks Symba thanked for this post

The Extremist

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast