User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: My new pc

Quote Originally Posted by Snipeye View Post
    https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...900k,6225.html

Newer games are more multi-cored, but many are not at a point where 3900's extra cores will make a difference. So again, if it's based on pure gaming performance, the 9900K is best for gaming for now. But if you're using the PC for other stuff where multiple cores can be better utilized (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, CAD, etc.) then the 3900X becomes the better, overall value/performer.
    I hate to say it but he's right... Intel has always had the edge on AMD for gaming but I've always preferred AMD as they have had consumer line 6 and 8 core chips for years.

However what's the case when you have to disable hyper-threading on Intel chips?
    Last edited by Apt; Yesterday at 03:33 PM.
    =(e)= : 03-10-2019
    =(eG)= : 05-07-2019
    =(eGO)= : 07-07-2019

Psstt!! Psstt!! I'm not an admin, I'm tech

Quote Originally Posted by Apt View Post
    I hate to say it but he's right... Intel has always had the edge on AMD for gaming but I've always preferred AMD as they have had consumer line 6 and 8 core chips for years.

However what's the case when you have to disable hyper-threading on Intel chips?
    Ugly! Don't disable HT; I don't think anyone willingly disables HT since the P4 days.

Nice build but why use 2 1080p monitors when you have a 2080ti, like maybe a 1080 144hz and then a 4k 60hz or 1440 144hz because it seems to me like crazy overkill with what you have to only be running at 1080p.
    Likes carter227 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2