User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about EGO bringing back a Battlefield 4 server?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes! Lets do it.

44 34.38%
  • Not sure

29 22.66%
  • Nope; not interested

55 42.97%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

I'd probably frequent the server if it came back and I haven't touched BF in well over a year.

Former Division Leader GTA
    Steam Screenshots | Twitch!

yes please i would love Bf4Server
    AlKawai - talk to me anytime

Im a Map maker for csgo
    [/url]

Heck yeah!

Also...please don't weigh in if you don't own BF4 (and never plan to) because that really defeats the purpose.
    Likes Community ManagementRipplyTiger151 liked this post

Maserati: TS is UP, UP, DOWN DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START!

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    ---George S. Patton

ITS A GUNDAM!!! -- The grunts who go on to live long and fulfilled lives in the Gundam franchise....

Honestly, this seems like a good idea judging by what others think. If its going to bring more players/keep old players then I 100% agree.
    =(e)= : 07-13-2018
    =(eG)= : 4-21-2019
    =(eGO)=: 6-07-2019
    Member Services: 6-13-2019

If you have any questions about anything or want to play or hangout just add me or pm me on discord

Discord: 3dsam#3179

Not Sure.

The reason the servers were originally removed were due to server population being low and upkeep costs stacking each month. Wasn't really a difficult decision there about closing our servers.

Time has moved on, Battlefield 1 was a mediocre successor to Battlefield 4, we all enjoyed it.

Battlefield 5... meh, I personally avoided the game like the plague but I cannot speak for the eGO community members since I became a lurker in the community. Still logging on every so often ensuring everyone was well and catching up with news, also hence dropping from eGO to e for not doing my re-training!

Would I like to see a BF4 server return? Yes, very much so.

Do I think it's a good idea? Hmmmmm, let's see...

The last 30 days on BF4 has seen the playerbase struggle to climb over 10,000 players on PC - https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=30

"10,000 players? That's a lot LB!"

And you're right, it is!

BUT

Out of all the servers currently active on Battlefield 4 only 28-30% actually have players ON them.

See here: https://bf4stats.com/servers/pc?limit=100&start=100

BF4 servers, filtered to PC and 100 shown per page. I found 7 pages of results, resulting to an average of 700 servers.

By just page 2 of the results, servers were already empty.

Could an eGO server populate at 64 players? Sure, depends on the map, settings and whether events are a thing again.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk and I want you all to know... I MISS YOU AND LOVE ALL YOUR FACES!
    Thanks SupporterDryden thanked for this post
    Likes Larry_Da_Lobster liked this post

e - 06-03-2015
    eG - 09-02-2015
    eGO - 11-29-2015

Quote Originally Posted by LBrGaming View Post
    Not Sure.

The reason the servers were originally removed were due to server population being low and upkeep costs stacking each month. Wasn't really a difficult decision there about closing our servers.

Time has moved on, Battlefield 1 was a mediocre successor to Battlefield 4, we all enjoyed it.

Battlefield 5... meh, I personally avoided the game like the plague but I cannot speak for the eGO community members since I became a lurker in the community. Still logging on every so often ensuring everyone was well and catching up with news, also hence dropping from eGO to e for not doing my re-training!

Would I like to see a BF4 server return? Yes, very much so.

Do I think it's a good idea? Hmmmmm, let's see...

The last 30 days on BF4 has seen the playerbase struggle to climb over 10,000 players on PC - https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=30

"10,000 players? That's a lot LB!"

And you're right, it is!

BUT

Out of all the servers currently active on Battlefield 4 only 28-30% actually have players ON them.

See here: https://bf4stats.com/servers/pc?limit=100&start=100

BF4 servers, filtered to PC and 100 shown per page. I found 7 pages of results, resulting to an average of 700 servers.

By just page 2 of the results, servers were already empty.

Could an eGO server populate at 64 players? Sure, depends on the map, settings and whether events are a thing again.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk and I want you all to know... I MISS YOU AND LOVE ALL YOUR FACES!
    All great points! Ensuring a populated server is going to require members to want to take the time to fill the server. Hopefully this will happen and we can bring back some of the old BF guys to help revive BF4 for EGO. That would be sweet.
    Likes SupporterDryden, SupporterMacArther liked this post

Noah "RipplyTiger151"
    Community Manager, Public Relations
    Member Services & Support

New to EdgeGamers? | Complaints / Concerns | Suggestions | Ban Contests | Ban Requests

I don't play it, so I don't care.... but if we can do it, and there's enough people want it, then cool

I only play BFBC2 , don't like any of the other EA Games .

Quote Originally Posted by Altered EGO View Post
    I only play BFBC2 , don't like any of the other EA Games .
    please see my above statement...
    Maserati: TS is UP, UP, DOWN DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START!

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    ---George S. Patton

ITS A GUNDAM!!! -- The grunts who go on to live long and fulfilled lives in the Gundam franchise....

I miss playing BF4 and I'd love to have a reason to clear some space and pick it up again, but I'm not sure the player base is going to be consistent enough to keep it going. I'd love to hop on once in a while, but I know I'm not personally gonna be on it all the time. I don't really wanna install the game again to play on the server a few times, but then have to uninstall it a month or two later because the server got shut down again.

Sounds kinda pessimistic, but I don't think the player base will be solid enough to keep it going
    Likes Simon liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast