User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default Ban Line commands on JB

As you can tell by the title my suggestion is to ban line commands such as follow the line. Any commands like get into my rainbow circle or something of that nature would be fine. The reason I am making this suggestion is that the line commands can be confusing, not just to T's but CT's as well. I know of a player who killed some T's because of a issue with the lines.
    This can also confuse T's because sometimes the line will stop or sometimes just disapear. For example if the warden says follow my line, when the line stops freeze. If the line bugs out and stops for a little and then continues this can confuse prisoners as they dont know if they should follow the line or just freeze. other times when following the line if your a little slow following the command the line might disapear on you and you might not know where you should be. Anyway thats my suggestion, let me know what you guys think.
    Likes r_cu, Shower, Hedgehog1 liked this post

Have an idea for an event? Need help recruiting someone? Want to join ego?
    Add me on steam or discord and I can help you out.
    Discord: 3dsam#3179
    Steam:3dsam1

+1 on this. While I like having the lines to guide T's through areas, they often bug out which leads to problems. I'd prefer to have the lines work then disallow the use of them though.
    Last edited by Power_Outlet; 07-03-2019 at 02:59 PM.

+1 I agree but would want to take a step further because an entire stack of T's has died for not going to "the rainbow marker" because it only showed on the Ct's screen. So I think the lines can help but are too buggy with the current system that they should not be used for commands other than to help T's and direct them not to give an order.
    Likes Hedgehog1 liked this post

I think that before we take the drastic action of removing it or not allowing it, we should wait to see if the bugs can be ironed out. I think it is a very useful feature and adds a bit more flexibility to how the warden can move the Ts, would be sad to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think that before we take the drastic action of removing it or not allowing it, we should wait to see if the bugs can be ironed out. I think it is a very useful feature and adds a bit more flexibility to how the warden can move the Ts, would be sad to see it go.
    Yea what matt said. It's a bug, you never know, it could be fixed, it's quite a useful feature. Sometimes you can put a marker on certain things but you can put your rainbow line onto it making it easier.
    Likes SneakyTurtle, Shower liked this post

#FreeDxwn

There are some downsides to this being a thing that CTs can do....

Essentially if a player is falling behind, but at that point they could just follow and do exactly what the rest of the group is doing. (Not doing wrong if the entire group does it..)
    A lot of players that use the line to guide their Ts would lose a huge ability to do a correct "follow" command, because following markers isn't as easy as following a line.

I am half and half when it comes to this.
    Likes Hello?, AdvisorPower_Outlet, Shower liked this post

Why didn't you make a thread on fixing the bug is my question,the line is a neat feature since you can precisely show the route prisoners should be taking to a desired destination.We should first try to fix the issue,then if we fail we should try and remove the thing that is causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ^^^^^^
    Last edited by SneakyTurtle; 07-03-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    Likes Shower liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyTurtle View Post
    Why didn't you make a thread on fixing the bug is my question,the line is a neat feature since you can precisely show the route prisoners should be taking to a desired destination.We should first try to fix the issue,then if we fail we should try and remove the thing that is causing the problem.
    The issues isn't entirely bugs but also human error which can cause T's to get confused. For example the warden might be drawing the line saying when the line stops afk freeze, he doesnt hold his mouse down completely and it stops for a short bit, this can cause confusion with newer players.

Have an idea for an event? Need help recruiting someone? Want to join ego?
    Add me on steam or discord and I can help you out.
    Discord: 3dsam#3179
    Steam:3dsam1

+1 I agree lines should not be used for a command but should be able to be used to guide t's to a certain marker. I have been killed before because I thought that the line was over, but in reality, it was not.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast