User Tag List

Thread: Camping rule

Default Camping rule

The current rule on camping is that you are not allowed to stand at the entrance or exit of a T secret. Now from playing probably almost every day I get complaints about people camping over and over and over... but, half of the time its technically not camping according to the rules. Now, Im proposing that we change the rule to be "Looking into a vent/T secret for the purpose of not allowing Ts to enter/exit" now obviously this can be reworked to give a time limit on how long a guard can look into it. But overall a CT should not be able to stare into armory all game(ie. Vip)
    Dislikes Jacko, Demonic, Larry_Da_Lobster disliked this post

While you may have good intentions with this suggestion, let me just be honest with my thoughts here.

Firstly, I disagree with this rule on the basis that the Ts do not need more rules that prevent the CTs from doing their job and killing Ts that choose to rebel. Ts should not expect to be spoon-fed easy opportunities to rebel, you should work for it.

Secondly, It's reasonable that a CT would be guarding an entrance without needing to camp it and it should be allowed. Telling CTs that they basically just have to ignore vents and T secrets and let Ts use them is ridiculous.

Lastly, this would be a nightmare to admin effectively. The wording is extremely vague and ambiguous. It would be almost impossible to admin a rule like this consistently and objectively.
    Thanks Jacko thanked for this post
    Likes Demonic, maryvaletemp liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    Rules like those are for bronze players...
    Quote Originally Posted by _MEGA
    but then MC gets stabbed
    and she's in the hospital on her phone searching "how win a guy over in the hospital"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    While you may have good intentions with this suggestion, let me just be honest with my thoughts here.

Firstly, I disagree with this rule on the basis that the Ts do not need more rules that prevent the CTs from doing their job and killing Ts that choose to rebel. Ts should not expect to be spoon-fed easy opportunities to rebel, you should work for it.
    Understandable.

Secondly, It's reasonable that a CT would be guarding an entrance without needing to camp it and it should be allowed. Telling CTs that they basically just have to ignore vents and T secrets and let Ts use them is ridiculous.
    I was proposing that it shouldn't be allowed so just stare it down the entire round. Its reasonable to look at it every once and while or when a T is trying to run at it.

Lastly, this would be a nightmare to admin effectively. The wording is extremely vague and ambiguous. It would be almost impossible to admin a rule like this consistently and objectively.
    Just like basically every rule for JB I kept it vague, to leave it up to leadership for their thoughts on it.

turtle agrees with this post
    Dislikes SneakyTurtle disliked this post

@Nick couldn't have said it any better.

Looking at vents/secrets from afar used to be considered camping and it was horrendous to enforce since the majority of the times it would occur at the start of round when everyone is alive.

T's are already winning the majority of the rounds. I don't think we need to spoon-feed the prisoners safe passage to rebellious areas. Forcing CT's to ignore obvious rebelling hot spots doesn't seem right.
    Likes Demonic, SupporterBeastTheNinja liked this post

@Jacko and @Nick got that pretty clear, well Jacko has to though haha AT at the finest work :D
    =(e)= 05-13-2018
    =(e)= Removed 06-07-2018
    =(e)= Added back 08-10-2018
    =(eG)= 31-10-2018
    =(eGO)= 1-1-2019

MS 1-14-2019

but im a great guy just add me i dont bite

~BeastTheNinja

As I have seen both of these rules in effect, the one that we currently have is certainly much easier to admin and for that reason alone I prefer it more. Jacko and Nick have made great points as well.

Ts still have a better win rate than CTs so I'm going to have to disagree, peoples.