User Tag List

Question lossing our EGO?

DEAR FRIENDS... and Team mates!!! is EGO, world of warships ..losing our EGO heritage?? we only have a hand full on forums.. New EGO wows players, Have no idea about Daddy EGO.. I don't like this .. I thought it was cool that (back when we did team speak) the grand theft auto guys. Or counterstick shooting guys.. would come down and mess with us.. like we were in a "GAMING COMMUNITY" and they were pranking their neighbor..

as a loser in life (well I do ok). I could tell people "im in a professional gaming club" .. but I feel that, wows is becoming its own thing.. "losing our EGO".. what do u guys think.. is there a way to.. "Have our Cake and eat it to??" .. (no chii not real cake) .. get people and grow wows AND EGO??..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Houndini; 05-20-2019 at 07:56 PM. Reason: tacos
    Likes SupporterDaddyDubbs liked this post
    Dislikes Godzilla disliked this post

Well, from my experience, Most people who just want to play with no strings attached (Most of the WoWs Clan) won't join if they just get an e tag in front of their name on TS or the forums. And on the teamspeak tangent, I've grown to not like it recently, been off of it for a while and am not missing it, Maybe once TS5 comes out with more discord esqe functionality, I'll come back. Also, I really don't use the forums anymore outside of checking on WoWS Stuff, but with maybe 10 of out clanmates on the forums, I rarely check it as not a lot is posted. Maybe one day we'll have everyone in the clan on the forums, and have this section active, but that day isn't today, maybe tomorrow.

Arnarbatman made this one

Urlostdog Made this one

=(e)=3-13-'16
    =(eG)=12-23-'16
    =(eGO)=5-24-'17
    Advisor 12-26-'17
    Stepped Down 8-17-'18

Team Bfat And Uglymetal for Admin Round table 5/7/17

This is the rub of discord. It does create a wall between the mothership and the warship. I have been out for a few weeks with back to back trips. I just got home last night after being gone 11 days. I am taking a break from work travel and should be around until June 10th. Would love to discuss this and more with the DC's. You guys are holding the wheel and the gas these days and I want to make sure you know your opinion and thoughts hold the same weight as mine.

My thoughts: The best way to keep the divide from growing will be to do an audit of who is registered here and not. Then we sign up the folks that have not registered and we make registration part of our SOP (Standard operating procedure) for new recruits. I have been toying with the idea of a subforum for our current recommended CB ship fittings, captain skills, and flags. The forums still seem to be the best place for that. I feel like the facebook esque post model of discord is not as ideal and things can be easily lost in the noise.

Discord is easier to use and better for casuals, but on the flip side... being a part of EGO with access to a large community that plays a myriad of games is a value add that other clans in WOWS do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sl0w View Post
    This is the rub of discord. It does create a wall between the mothership and the warship. I have been out for a few weeks with back to back trips. I just got home last night after being gone 11 days. I am taking a break from work travel and should be around until June 10th. Would love to discuss this and more with the DC's. You guys are holding the wheel and the gas these days and I want to make sure you know your opinion and thoughts hold the same weight as mine.

My thoughts: The best way to keep the divide from growing will be to do an audit of who is registered here and not. Then we sign up the folks that have not registered and we make registration part of our SOP (Standard operating procedure) for new recruits. I have been toying with the idea of a subforum for our current recommended CB ship fittings, captain skills, and flags. The forums still seem to be the best place for that. I feel like the facebook esque post model of discord is not as ideal and things can be easily lost in the noise.

Discord is easier to use and better for casuals, but on the flip side... being a part of EGO with access to a large community that plays a myriad of games is a value add that other clans in WOWS do not have.
    Ok, Then let's sit down, All our DC's and chat about everything. We can get the audit done in maybe a week, not too hard there, but requiring everyone to join eGO forums might be a big turnoff for people . Sub forum would require you talking to tech, whenever you can get to that if they approve it, but i'm sure a good amount of us would use it for builds. So, whenever you get on from being afk, we can sit down, I'll make sure everyone's together.

Urlostdog Made this one

=(e)=3-13-'16
    =(eG)=12-23-'16
    =(eGO)=5-24-'17
    Advisor 12-26-'17
    Stepped Down 8-17-'18

im happy that we are getting ideas.. need 2slow ... or mulligey to (Sweet talk) people into joining EGO.. (God knows ill just Bark at them and make them run)kermit12.jpg

lol, we know you just yell anyway, and maybe make a couple people leave.

Urlostdog Made this one

=(e)=3-13-'16
    =(eG)=12-23-'16
    =(eGO)=5-24-'17
    Advisor 12-26-'17
    Stepped Down 8-17-'18

Lightbulb Fook'em

Quote Originally Posted by M4A1-S View Post
    lol, we know you just yell anyway, and maybe make a couple people leave.
    if they have no EGO then why they here..JK