User Tag List

Default We SO!!!!! need this on our server

Minecraft player spends a year revamping terrain generation, results look beautiful

Reddit user MC_Pitman has spent the past year revamping terrain generation in Minecraft and, judging by the results in the image above (make sure you click in the top-right to go full screen), it's time well spent.

The aim of the project was to make terrain regeneration look "more natural and realistic...more like a generated landscape than a bunch of individual biomes", they said on Reddit. They've built a big world with a number of zones—the one you see above is the Alpine climate zone, which MC_Pitman says is the "most polished and complete" sector. The way the different environments meld together is gorgeous, and I'd love to build a house atop that hill in the centre.

A first release of the full world will be available "in the next few months", they said.

MC_Pitman is also the creator of Biome Bundle, a popular custom world generator with more than 400 original biomes. You can view pictures of it in action here.

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/minecraft-pl...ok-beautiful//

Interesting...

=(e)= - 7/19/15
    =(eG)= - 9/7/15
    =(eGO)= - 12/25/15
    AT - 1/31/16
    Manager - 10/27/17

biome bundle does not work with version 1.13

I know, forge hasn't released yet for 1.13... but one can dream the terrain looks amazing.

If it was purely terrain generation, and used only vanilla blocks, it could be worked around, but alas, that isn't the case :/

Sickk
    ︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾︽
    =(e)= March 28, 2016 ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    =(eG)= November 25, 2016 ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    =(eGO)= Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    =(e)= November 17, 2017 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thread's a little bit old, but since it's been necro'd I'd like to point out RealisticWorlds does almost the exact thing, is for 1.13 (and will be 1.14) and I have a license waiting around to be used