User Tag List

Default looking for a steering wheel with force feedback. need suggestions

as the title says i am in the market for a steering wheel with force feedback but atm i can not decide whether i want to go with a thrustmaster wheel or a logitech g29. i am thinkin of going with the thrustmaster TMX pro since it is cheaper than the logitech g29 but i cant find anything which really tells me which will be better. i will be using the wheel for games like dort 4 and dirt rally and even American Truck simulator and Euro Truck simulator 2. so if someone has experience with these wheels or can suggest a better wheel i will take any advice until i finally walk into the store with the money and walk out with the wheel
    Funniest things i have heard Summer say :
    “ ma'am ma'am! I know you look like a golf cart but that doesn't mean you can be a golf cart”
    "Ughhh can someone go to the bathroom for me. I don't want to get up or do that."
    “So what do you think of his uh...banana”
    “Grandpa! Where is your pants!”
    "I just tackled BigTram in the parking lot of the PD and never felt so ALIVE! Bed will be interesting”
    "First I ban Rekty and now trying to have an event an hr before hand"

I have been playing with a Logitech driving force GT for a long time. I play racing games, aswell as a lot of ATS and ETS2. I have always considered the G29, however, considering I spent most time on ETS2, having a clutch and a shifter is not really needed, as most trucks have too many gears for any gaming wheel set anyway, without complicated shifter layouts. I have had this set since for 8 years now, and still it works really well. I am unsure for availability though. If you want to choose between the thrustmaster and the Logitech, I would go for Logitech, as most products I got from them are still working correctly to this day, and my thrustmaster gear all broke pretty quickly. I am biased though

decided to buy the Thrustmaster TMX the other day as it was on sale at a good price and I gotta say I don't regret purchasing it one bit, Force FeedBack is amazing, love the metal paddle shifters, the 900 degrees rotation is so amazing and accurate, I got the tmx with the 2 pedals (brake and Gas) and yeah it aint got the clutch but it feels like i am actually driving a real car with the sensitivity and you rarely hear the wheel or pedals unless you are driving a subaru in 6th gear in aussie land at over 150km/h in dirt 4 while the wheel is trying to go left and you want to go right, just make sure you got a sturdy desk and not a glass desk as the vibrations and fighting the wheel when trying to counter the forces from the force feedback can get intense. only things you require in terms of plugs/cables is a multiplug for all the different plugs for your pc and stuff so that the wheel can get power (i have the standard SA 2 point plug) and ONE usb port on your pc as the pedels, h shifter & sequential shifter (sequential might need a usb port not sure but not the h shifter but keep in mind i don't own either as i am poor now and need money for them) plug directly into the wheel
    Likes Simon liked this post

Funniest things i have heard Summer say :
    “ ma'am ma'am! I know you look like a golf cart but that doesn't mean you can be a golf cart”
    "Ughhh can someone go to the bathroom for me. I don't want to get up or do that."
    “So what do you think of his uh...banana”
    “Grandpa! Where is your pants!”
    "I just tackled BigTram in the parking lot of the PD and never felt so ALIVE! Bed will be interesting”
    "First I ban Rekty and now trying to have an event an hr before hand"

I used a modified wheel for my way. I used a Saitek Proflight Yoke as my steering wheel. Since I just used the axis of the controller. Umm I have hear there are a lot of thrust masters, logitech and more out there.