User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Hey Simon, hope all is well. Like many of us, I've played this game since the original version. It kills me to see Player come on a full server, like tonight, and then proceed to go 298-56 and think that is ok. The server was full when he joined. At this time it is 9 v 9. We are naïve to think that Player doesn't hack. No, I don't have time or the knowledge to make a vid of him and submit it. I have speced him many times. I do think that the age of the game has a big effect on the recent numbers too. I wonder if doing 1 hour of Ava and 1 hour of Flash (or insert map here) would help draw in new or returning players. Just my two cents.
    Likes ufd152 liked this post

Hey Jim
    i know a lot of people think player hacks but being somebody who submitted a demo only to have egos leadership tell me that he was not actually hacking made me think i should take a more in depth look into him and in doing so i found out that its true he does not hack, hes just really really good, and being that i found out hes ex pro, makes sense.
    At the same time i actually do agree with your point about you know him coming on dominating and people starting to leave and like i had said in my previous post i do believe that people who used to play on this server more consistently believe that player is hacking and that ego chooses to do nothing about it, and in the end i believe that is one of the reasons the server is slowly starting to die a little bit.
    But in the end i see there point of view to, what choice do they have ban him for no reason? do not think thats going to happen.
    I say all this without any animosity or resentment, i was just offering my two cents on what jim had to say, and my theory on the whole thing.
    Likes Adorable Miracle, ufd152 liked this post

DOD Players.jpg

A fraction of the players that used to play this game, still play it. Many that do, only play it for short bursts here or there. There has been talk of this happening in eGO Leadership for over 3 years now. The simple fact is, not that many people play anymore, and that is fine. We are here to ride it out. This is not a thread to discuss Player, or Cubey, or whatever you want to call him.
    Now 20% more infinite in all directions

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Force US View Post
    Hey Simon, hope all is well. Like many of us, I've played this game since the original version. It kills me to see Player come on a full server, like tonight, and then proceed to go 298-56 and think that is ok. The server was full when he joined. At this time it is 9 v 9. We are naïve to think that Player doesn't hack. No, I don't have time or the knowledge to make a vid of him and submit it. I have speced him many times. I do think that the age of the game has a big effect on the recent numbers too. I wonder if doing 1 hour of Ava and 1 hour of Flash (or insert map here) would help draw in new or returning players. Just my two cents.
    Whether I play, or do not play, does not have any effect on the server. I only play when the server gets full. Otherwise I stay away. There are days when I am gone, and days where I play everyday, it has no effect on server population. The server population has been gradually decreasing with time. Even prior before I showed up on Avalanche.

There might be one, or two players, who personally leave the server because of me, but the general population does not. Superglue provided evidence that the number of people who play DOD has diminished. Not just on this server but across all servers. It has nothing to do with me and it has everything to do with the fact that the "rate in" of players exceeds the "rate out" of players from the server.

There is no way to increase the "rate in". At this point the only way is to focus on keeping the "rate out" as low as possible.
    Thanks Ledzo thanked for this post
    Likes ufd152 liked this post

yea well shouldnt have tried to fix something that wasnt broke ,the same players play the same way nothings changed except the players that didnt want thier points put to zero left and that is a fat fact
    Likes Adorable Miracle liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3