User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Post Jailbreak sm_redie command.

General info:
    There's a plugin called redie which can allow players to become a ghost and allows them to play T games etc, while not allowing them to do secrets, activate secrets, open doors etc.

Why should we add this?:
    I think this plugin would be a nice perk. A lot of the time while playing you might die early because of you failing to rebel, a cancer ct, or maybe just a freekill. So instead of sitting there for 7 minutes you can actually play some T games or do whatever you want.

Fyi:
    This command is supposed to be for Dedicated supporters.

Link:
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2198357

This is the latest update I could find, maybe there is an earlier update then this but I haven't found it.
    Likes Jacko liked this post
    Dislikes fiji, SupporterDryden, TinyMuffinLord disliked this post

I really don't care.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dxwn__

gotta be a -1 for me. our servers have enough plugins, and to add one that would 100% crash the servers would be bad. this command has a history of crashing servers and causing issues
    Likes Simon liked this post
    Dislikes Corrupted disliked this post

Member Service Admin Trainer for eGO.
    Question about Joining? Or anything else eGO related? Add me on discord, or look for me in teampeak!
    Dryden#0001 /id/elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden View Post
    gotta be a -1 for me. our servers have enough plugins, and to add one that would 100% crash the servers would be bad. this command has a history of crashing servers and causing issues
    Was this added before?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Was this added before?
    I am unaware of if it was added to our servers before, I'm talking from previous experience
    Question about Joining? Or anything else eGO related? Add me on discord, or look for me in teampeak!

This was suggested last year in THIS thread.

The main concerns with this plug-in were things that allowed the ghosts to disrupt live gameplay. Things such as but not limited to pressing buttons, opening doors, knifing vents, knifing weapons towards players, and blocking bullets.

Most if not all of the issues named above are addressed in the plug-ins notes.

From https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248194:

Differences from original:
    Some may be missed as this plugin was made last year. This list DOES NOT include what has been updated since the initial release, for that check "Updates"

Removed certain sounds (like footsteps)
    Stopped players from blocking bullets
    Stopped ghosts from spamming weapons
    Silenced the command so that chat isn't spammed
    Destroys defuse packs so that ghost can't pick them up

Updates:

Fixed bug where ghosts couldn't go through teleporters or get boosts
    Stopped pistol and knife being dropped on consecutive !redies
    Stopped ghosts from being able to open "Touch Opens" doors (such as the jail in ski2) (and buttons like on xdream)

Deathmatch mode
    Stopped more sounds
    Added sm_redie_bhop
    Cleaned up the code, fixing a bug that had just been avoided since the original

That mod looks like it was last edited in 2016. In that same thread I came across a similar plug-in that was posted in 2018. > https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2597102

From https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2597102:

- Noclip whilst ghosted
    - Complete sound blocking including footsteps
    - Players cannot block buttons or other objects, or interact with physics objects
    I have been very interested in having this sort of thing added to our Jailbreak server for quite some time now. Player retention rate will sky rocket seeing how one can continue to play T games and roam the map after they die. Of course having this sort of thing on our server will only be possible if the ghosts are unable to disrupt gameplay in any major form and of course if does not crash/lag the server.

We should seriously consider looking into this and confirm that no gameplay disruption issues will arise from having it implemented.

TL;DR : Theoretically a fantastic plug-in to add to Jailbreak or TTT IF it does not affect live gameplay in any significant way.
    Last edited by Jacko; 04-20-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    Thanks Corrupted thanked for this post
    Likes Simon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    TL;DR : Theoretically a fantastic plug-in to add to Jailbreak or TTT IF it does not affect live gameplay in any significant way.[/B]
    I would agree if it didnt crash the servers so often. From my experiences it conflicts with so many plugins for no reason and causes crashing.
    If it was tested and found to cause no issues i would love to see it added.
    Likes Jacko liked this post

+1
    Seems like a good idea, I usually die pretty quick in the round so something to do over those 7+ minutes would be nice.
    Last edited by mom; 04-20-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Likes Corrupted liked this post

-1 with some redie plugins you can stand in the way of bullets. Even if this isnt the case the server has enough plugins and it would probably make the current lag worse
    Last edited by Peoples People; 04-21-2019 at 11:28 AM. Reason: english
    Dislikes Corrupted disliked this post

We should give this a try for a few days and see if it affects the gameplay on the server.
    Thanks Corrupted thanked for this post

I used to be an admin on a jailbreak server with redie. A situation we would encounter would be someone standing on the cell doors button. In specific, this happened on clouds. The stood on the exit from armory, and the cells button. Cells did not auto open on that server, and we would sit there for 10 minutes. When I became admin, I cracked down on it, however, this would need to be a serious offense against a rule if this is added. As far as I am aware, there is no way to fix that glitch in particular because anything rendered as info_player will have a hitbox, preventing using your E key on buttons if they are there.

Regardless of what I pointed out, +Vouch from me. I agree with what Kazz has to say, we should give it a shot!

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast