User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default Jailbreak "Hide" Command

Not sure what the discussion has been on some sort of "hide" command so far, but I just started playing on the JB server and I think it'd be a great addition. It's pretty annoying to do minigames when you can barely see where you are going or where you are supposed to go. (The command would just hide all T's, then you would type it again to see all the T's)
    Likes Jacko, App, Corrupted liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mom View Post
    Not sure what the discussion has been on some sort of "hide" command so far, but I just started playing on the JB server and I think it'd be a great addition. It's pretty annoying to do minigames when you can barely see where you are going or where you are supposed to go. (The command would just hide all T's, then you would type it again to see all the T's)
    First, some clarifying questions:
    - Who has access to this command?
    - How will abuse (accidental or not) be prevented?
    - If it is an admin only command, why should this convenience only be available when admins are online?

Then my concerns:
    This is already a feature that is built into CS:GO. If map makers want to include this QoL feature on their map games, they most certainly can (@Thorgot does). I don't think that this is worth the time and effort to make a game command, as it's open to abuse, could cause lag issues, and probably isn't worth the time for tech team to implement.

Those are just my thoughts and concerns, open to see what others think

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    - If it is an admin only command, why should this convenience only be available when admins are online?
    Everyone would have access to it, although it would only work for the T's. Not too sure how it would be abused, but then again, I'm a fairly new JB player so I don't know what a lot of other people know.

(Example: I start bhop as a T, but can't see where I'm jumping. I type !hide or /hide, then all of the T's models would be hidden just on my screen, making it look like I'm the only one there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post

Then my concerns:
    This is already a feature that is built into CS:GO. If map makers want to include this QoL feature on their map games, they most certainly can (@Thorgot does). I don't think that this is worth the time and effort to make a game command, as it's open to abuse, could cause lag issues, and probably isn't worth the time for tech team to implement.

Those are just my thoughts and concerns, open to see what others think
    It's actually less laggy to have the server do it, because it doesn't have to send player movement data to players who have hidden their teammates. I would greatly approve of adding a hide plugin.

The way the plugin works is that each player can toggle the setting for themselves at will. When it's on, they can't see other players. When it's off, they see everyone. There's no potential for abuse because it's a personal setting.
    Thanks Jake, TinyMuffinLord thanked for this post

So this basically hides all the T's for the person who has it turned on? If so I think it would be a great idea because sometimes whenever playing climb or something you might not be able to see where you're on the block and it's just harder. If this get's added then I'm making a bind for it :3
    Steam
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dxwn__

League of Legends
    EU West: iDxwn

Me when I'm offline. Just hoppin.

+1

I really think that !hide should be a plug-in available for everyone. There are many cases where a T is having a hard time seeing whats happening when 30+ other T's are stacked on him. Whether it be on a map game like climb or watching warden demonstrate a custom jump.

I don't see any abuse arising from this, like @thorgot mentioned, its a personal setting. Now as far as difficulty implementing this or adverse affects it can cause on the server I have no clue.

+1 This would be great because if the server is full and your playing on a small map (i.e. quake) its really hard to see whats going on.

Ive seen this plug-in on different servers and it really is good.

This would work well if it detects like 10+t's in like a 500x500 units so like colors you can use this command.
    +1

Edit: Warden should be able to enable and disable this command through his warden menu. Either could work well.
    Last edited by kaZZ; 04-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.

This would help a lot. as other people have said good for watching wardens demonstrate a custom jump. My question is, is this available on the bhop and surf servers, if yes tech should be able to take it from there. If not i think it would be a good addition to it as well

Quote Originally Posted by mom View Post
    Everyone would have access to it, although it would only work for the T's. Not too sure how it would be abused, but then again, I'm a fairly new JB player so I don't know what a lot of other people know.

(Example: I start bhop as a T, but can't see where I'm jumping. I type !hide or /hide, then all of the T's models would be hidden just on my screen, making it look like I'm the only one there.)
    Quote Originally Posted by thorgot View Post
    It's actually less laggy to have the server do it, because it doesn't have to send player movement data to players who have hidden their teammates. I would greatly approve of adding a hide plugin.

The way the plugin works is that each player can toggle the setting for themselves at will. When it's on, they can't see other players. When it's off, they see everyone. There's no potential for abuse because it's a personal setting.
    Ah, I thought it would be something that universally toggles visibility of Ts (like thorgot do in map games), and would have to be toggled by an admin or warden.

If its an individual plugin, my biggest concern would be that some people may prefer to not see the other Ts at all (thus having /hide active for entire rounds), which takes a lot away from the rebelling and teamwork aspect of Jailbreak.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast