User Tag List

Default Creating A Halo Division

So, myself, being a huge halo fan, have always dedicated most of my time to the console it was made for.... the xbox. But after hearing the news of it coming to PC... Well I have never been more excited!!

I guess I'm just starting to get the idea out in the forums, but who would be interested in that? I would put so much time into that. I would be willing to pay out of pocket for a dedicated server *if* that becomes a thing.

With a ton of people here I am positive it would not only be a possibility, but an EASY one at that. I personally do not know how to start a division, but I do remember the days of OP:X and what a blast we had there. I can't be the only one.

"Hyper Loves You."-HyperDiaper

I'd love to get together with people playing it. I don't really see eGO supporting the game, assuming it will have match-making and no servers. I think most games we've tried with that sort of system have flopped a bit for divisions. Perhaps a bit pessimistic but we've had very few games take off well in the past few years that we've tried to support (with the exception of GTA, which has a unique server) and our older games have really fallen by the wayside...

That being said, a channel to meet up and have some fun in with in TS would be a good start once this is out. See where it goes from there.

Basically for eGO to support a game there has to be a level of interest and a reason for them to provide support - can it host events, will it bring new members into eGO, etc etc. We'll have to see how the game takes off.

me and you Simon leadership of Halo division
    Likes Simon liked this post

I'd love to see a division like this... if only it had actual dedicated servers... Technically Halo CE has dedicated servers, but i don't know how a game from 2001 will do with eGO currently, especially if it hasn't been supported with a dedicated server yet (This is as far as I know. I don't know if CE was ever supported by eGO). Heck, theres still people who play on Halo 2's PC severs, maybe thats a second option. Shame MCC probably won't be server based.

If it were my choice, I would say give it a shot with CE and H2PC. I still find quite a few people playing CE and H2PC... not as much as GTA or Gmod, and definitely not as many as CSGO but i still know people play.
    Last edited by Frosty4Rock; 04-26-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Member Status:
    =(e)= : 02/10/2018
    Gmod =(eG)=: 10/2/2018 (Resigned 6/3/19)
    Gmod =(eGO)=: 1/3/2019 (Resigned 6/3/19)
    Gmod EC: 1/4/2019 (Resigned 5/26/19)

Active Status: Unkown

"Spartans never die, they're just missing in action" - Carter-A259, Halo Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty4Rock View Post
    I'd love to see a division like this... if only it had actual dedicated servers... Technically Halo CE has dedicated servers, but i don't know how a game from 2001 will do with eGO currently, especially if it hasn't been supported with a dedicated server yet (This is as far as I know. I don't know if CE was ever supported by eGO). Heck, theres still people who play on Halo 2's PC severs, maybe thats a second option. Shame MCC probably won't be server based.

If it were my choice, I would say give it a shot with CE and H2PC. I still find quite a few people playing CE and H2PC... not as much as GTA or Gmod, and definitely not as many as CSGO but i still know people play.
    Halo 2 PC online was shut down a few years ago, sadly. I think any other current option is not legal.