User Tag List

Default Get rid of warnings for CTs

With the way prioritization works in jailbreak, the CT team is almost always filled with people with maximum priority. CTs should know better than being a knifing distance or two from the stack, and it's stupid that admins have to warn every time for rules everyone should know. If we got rid of warnings, admins could use common sense to swap CTs. I mean if a CT lags and kinda gets near stack but it doesn't impact the round, then he wouldn't be swapped. But these CTs have days on the server, and they should know better than to be camping vents for instance, something seen on nearly every map. By using an instant swap method, it is more enforcing on rules and CTs will have to read and have an understanding of the rules to play on CT side without consequences. Why should we have to warn people with 5 days on the server to not bait, they know not too already..
    Likes Alex liked this post
    Dislikes Corrupted disliked this post

This would mostly be out of recognition that everybody makes mistakes sometimes. It doesn't make sense to swap everybody for any slight rule break (freeshooting is still against the rules, imagine getting swapped for shooting in a non-disruptive way, it really doesn't happen).
    Personally I find warns to be fine as they are, it also provides the CT with a chance to explain what happened, and makes sure that everybody is on the same page in regards to what is and isn't ok.
    As a side note, from what I remember, swaps are considered warns, so if you know for a fact that somebody is just being careless you can swap them immediately (kinda how you generally don't warn for freekills).
    Likes SneakyTurtlen liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    This would mostly be out of recognition that everybody makes mistakes sometimes. It doesn't make sense to swap everybody for any slight rule break (freeshooting is still against the rules, imagine getting swapped for shooting in a non-disruptive way, it really doesn't happen).
    Personally I find warns to be fine as they are, it also provides the CT with a chance to explain what happened, and makes sure that everybody is on the same page in regards to what is and isn't ok.
    As a side note, from what I remember, swaps are considered warns, so if you know for a fact that somebody is just being careless you can swap them immediately (kinda how you generally don't warn for freekills).
    Yeah I mean I’m more up for putting it to admin discretion. I feel like admins are always warning for the same things every map, at what point do you just say it’s common sense. I realize CTs make mistakes, but sometimes they are literally on top of vents and they know better. Someone with as many hours as it takes to obtain max priority should already know that they can’t play T games, or be jumping around the map out of sight of Ts. It would just be holding CTs to a higher standard to pay more attention to the round.

@App

I know I dont often come on the Jail server, but what I do notice is a lack of all chat messages why somebody gets warned/swapped. This would make the whole server see that a) admins are active, and b) everyone learns that you are not supposed to do whatever this person did. A quick : "/say Please do not intentionally bait t's, app " with the corresponding swap or whatever is up then, would make such a difference. If then a round later a CT does the same thing, he is already warned (if he was on at that point). Just use the tools that are available to you I would say.

Addendum: I know swap needs a reason now, but it's just a little more information (+ green text) that YOU can use as evidence that this (and the next) person knows now that it's not allowed.
    Thanks SupporterBeastTheNinja thanked for this post

There are no plans to add this to the rules. It's important to note that playtime on the server doesn't correlate to skill as a guard. There are numerous amounts of players that have days of playtime on the server and have never played as a guard before or have very little playtime as a guard. Warnings give players a chance to learn and better understand the rules and punishing these new guards right away shouldn't be a solution. Granted if a player is disrupting the server on guard intentionally this is a situation where admin discretion should be used and a warning could be avoided.

~Closed (V) (,,,,) (V)
    Thanks Jacko thanked for this post