User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

We should go back to making sure EC teams are posting in the forums/calendar, make sure members are joining the steam groups for the games they are interested so they get the blast alert about an event and making sure that events are being posted in the divisional forums. Not sure about one thread for all events as it would defeat the purpose of the calendar. Also I liked that TS3 channels being named for the event was mentioned, I know this is still done somewhat. Exposure overall is what needs to be Key.

I remember one of the issues I used to face as EC was having the permissions to even make the post on the calendar and had to get an advisor (Manager) to post it/approve it, not sure if this has changed. Like the idea, but I feel that permissions and moderating might be an issue having a dedicated forum area. Also I feel it would be one more area to check when we already have a place and it's not being fully utilized.
    Last edited by Maserati; 03-16-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    Likes AdvisorDivine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Maserati View Post
    I remember one of the issues I used to face was having the permissions to even make the post on the calendar and had to get an advisor (Manager) to post it/approve it. Like the idea, but I feel that permissions and moderating might be an issue having a dedicated forum area. Also I feel it would be one more area to check when we already have a place and it's not being fully utilized.
    @Maserati That seems to be the issue with the calendar is that the managers will have to approve it or post it there if they remember about it. It's extremely frustrating and hard to find events for any games anymore as they will be posted at random times and I might not check the specific forum for a game or event. This would kind of replace the calendar but I don't see anything wrong with posting in a specific forum as well as the calendar
    Likes Maserati liked this post

I remember one of the issues I used to face as EC was having the permissions to even make the post on the calendar and had to get an advisor (Manager) to post it/approve it, not sure if this has changed. Like the idea, but I feel that permissions and moderating might be an issue having a dedicated forum area. Also I feel it would be one more area to check when we already have a place and it's not being fully utilized.
    Yeah it's still like this. Like i said in my post, we tried to push people to get into this habit again, but it's hit and miss. Not to mention the calendar is not overly visible, the bigger issue. We talked about getting it to the front page / sidebar but nothing has come of that.

Manager's approving should not a big issue - each day in TF2 we had a manager (at least one of us) check and approve it. Not that hard to say "Hey I've got an event that needs approving"
    Likes Maserati, AdvisorDivine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yeah it's still like this. Like i said in my post, we tried to push people to get into this habit again, but it's hit and miss. Not to mention the calendar is not overly visible, the bigger issue. We talked about getting it to the front page / sidebar but nothing has come of that.

Manager's approving should not a big issue - each day in TF2 we had a manager (at least one of us) check and approve it. Not that hard to say "Hey I've got an event that needs approving"
    Yea and I remember even pushing management back then for the EC/RC team members themselves to be able to just post to the calendar without us (leadership back then) having to approve since we just had a google doc with all the dates and people signed up on the empty slots available (this was in TF2). Not that it was an issue, but always felt it was good for the team to have that ability so we didn't have to bother anyone lol. Again, I think it was a group permissions issue so it wasn't changed.

It would be awesome if the calendar was more visible, but again not sure how much customization Vbulletin has for that to be modified around :/

Yea and I remember even pushing management back then for the EC/RC team members themselves to be able to just post to the calendar without us (leadership back then) having to approve since we just had a google doc with all the dates and people signed up on the empty slots available (this was in TF2). Not that it was an issue, but always felt it was good for the team to have that ability so we didn't have to bother anyone lol. Again, I think it was a group permissions issue so it wasn't changed.

It would be awesome if the calendar was more visible, but again not sure how much customization Vbulletin has for that to be modified around :/
    The actual issue with giving people the permissions to access adding events to the calendar is that eGO's forum has a mess of permissions as is. Like the #1 rule for people with higher access is do not touch permissions. It sort of hangs in a scary balance lol.

Yeah, it would be nice to move it and get it more visible. I'm not sure how quickly that could happen with the massive tech projects already ongoing too.

The actual issue with giving people the permissions to access adding events to the calendar is that eGO's forum has a mess of permissions as is. Like the #1 rule for people with higher access is do not touch permissions. It sort of hangs in a scary balance lol.
    I mean if it can't happen to where regular ECs (non managers) can post on the calendar then it seems that the best solution for this issue would be a separate forum or just having all the managers keep up to date with the events. But even then it feels like a lot of people won't even check the calendar if there is any new events on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    I mean if it can't happen to where regular ECs (non managers) can post on the calendar then it seems that the best solution for this issue would be a separate forum or just having all the managers keep up to date with the events. But even then it feels like a lot of people won't even check the calendar if there is any new events on there.
    Yeah, the big issue with the calendar is that you either scroll to the bottom, or have to manually go to it and be searching for events - which most people don't.

Is everyone still updating their respective Steam groups with events? Is the main group being used? We used to send out 30, 10, 5ish minute warnings of events via steam. Just trying to find some simple ideas to help boost attendance until more elaborate ideas can come to fruition.
    Thanks Maserati thanked for this post

Yeah, the big issue with the calendar is that you either scroll to the bottom, or have to manually go to it and be searching for events - which most people don't.

Is everyone still updating their respective Steam groups with events? Is the main group being used? We used to send out 30, 10, 5ish minute warnings of events via steam. Just trying to find some simple ideas to help boost attendance until more elaborate ideas can come to fruition.
    I don’t know that they’re being used all the time as I’m in the MS EC division so I don’t have a group to post my events in, but I don’t think I see any for CS

I keep seeing the Calendar thing pop up, but I'd like to just add one thing regarding that. I never learned how to use the calendar. I remember asking when I was first brought into leadership a few years back, but the people I asked weren't sure how to put stuff on the calendar either
    Likes AdvisorDivine, peloc liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast