User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    Default Adding Event Forum


    Okay, from the title of the thread you can probably get the main idea for this concept. The main concept for this would be to have all the events that are being posted in different forums normally posted in the same forum. I have talked to multiple people about how they always seem to have issues finding events and what time an event is. So what I am suggesting is that we make a forum under the EdgeGamers Supported Games that will just be labeled Events. Within this forum there can be suggestions for the events telling the ECs/division what they can do better, it would also be where every EC from EVERY division would post their threads about their event. Once a event is completed or a suggestion has been taken into consideration it can be moved to a completed forum like a ban request so that people can see previous threads about the events that happened or suggestions. After a event you would give people time (a day) to leave a few comments on the thread explaining what they liked about the event or if they had any criticisms about the event then a manager would move the thread to completed. Overall there is no harm that can be done by making this forum it would only lead to a larger amount of people coming to events and overall more people joining eGO. There is a few ways that this could benefit eGO, it can help bring new people in to our events which would then populate our servers and help us populate with even more members.

    An example of how this might help is if a EC hosts a event, but almost nobody would see it because of the time of day they post it and they don't regularly check that games forum. So instead of someone getting 15 people at their event there is only 5-10 people at the event.

    If you have any feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated, feel free to leave your thoughts on this and we can have a discussion about it.
    Likes Supporterpeloc, Symba, carter227, Corrupted, Catcalia and 9 others liked this post
     

  2. #2

    Default

    Could we just already accept this? Like one of the best suggestions I've heard recently!
    Thanks SupporterDivine thanked for this post
     
    Me when I'm offline. Just hoppin.

  3. #3

    Default

    Good idea from me . Add this please, it's a way to find events really easy.
    Likes SupporterDivine liked this post
     

  4. #4

    Default

    As much as I love having an excuse to go to other forums that I wouldn't normally check, it's honestly hard to find other events since I don't always visit other forums. Every game does it differently and honestly they're aren't the easiest to find. I personally am a lazy person and I guarantee you a lot of other people here are. I feel this would make it easier for everyone to find events they're interested in.
    Likes SupporterFokai, SupporterDivine liked this post
     
    Damage Given to "=(eGO)= xblade111" - 2882 in 58 hits

  5. #5

    Default

    Yeah, I think this is a sensible option at this point. We've tried to direct people to the calendar for ages and it never seems to get through their skulls - maybe this is the best solution. Good idea Divine. It would definitely help expose people to other games eGO supports too.
    Thanks SupporterDivine thanked for this post
     

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yeah, I think this is a sensible option at this point. We've tried to direct people to the calendar for ages and it never seems to get through their skulls - maybe this is the best solution. Good idea Divine. It would definitely help expose people to other games eGO supports too.
    On top of directing people to the calendars sometimes the calendar isn't even up to date with what events are going on.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    On top of directing people to the calendars sometimes the calendar isn't even up to date with what events are going on.
    Yeah, a long time ago we used to require ECs to post it there, however, in the efforts to rebuild various EC programs over the years it was not always put as a priority, which is okay - many groups had big hurdles to get through to fix things. We did actively try to get that going again at one point, however, it just didn't work out.

    Personally would like to see this, but maybe more visibility on the front page as well. Even just a spot on the side "Events happening today". This would require some maintenance to keep up with (Media team/whoever has access) but may help a bit more too.

    Alternatively, perhaps on the sidebar as opposed to the Twitch option there (I feel it's underused, but maybe it isn't). I personally never go to the front page, so a nice spot on the forums to see might help. Just spitballing more ideas for visibility here.

    Not sure if other groups are doing this but, we used to make the top rooms of games on Teamspeak have the event time/name in it the day of - this helped some people when they wanted to know what was going on that day, or they would see it in passing. Not sure if everyone still doing this (I haven't been on TS in months).
    Last edited by Simon; 03-15-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    Likes SupporterDivine liked this post
     

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yeah, a long time ago we used to require ECs to post it there, however, in the efforts to rebuild various EC programs over the years it was not always put as a priority, which is okay - many groups had big hurdles to get through to fix things. We did actively try to get that going again at one point, however, it just didn't work out.

    Personally would like to see this, but maybe more visibility on the front page as well. Even just a spot on the side "Events happening today". This would require some maintenance to keep up with (Media team/whoever has access) but may help a bit more too.

    Alternatively, perhaps on the sidebar as opposed to the Twitch option there (I feel it's underused, but maybe it isn't). I personally never go to the front page, so a nice spot on the forums to see might help. Just spitballing more ideas for visibility here.

    Not sure if other groups are doing this but, we used to make the top rooms of games on Teamspeak have the event time/name in it the day of - this helped some people when they wanted to know what was going on that day, or they would see it in passing. Not sure if everyone still doing this (I haven't been on TS in months).
    Yeah I also like the idea of events on the side but I'm sure that would require some more manual entry that I'm sure people don't want to do. Having the events on the sidebar of the screen or of some sort like "Events Happening Today/Upcoming Events" but as I said I'm sure that people don't want to do any type of manual entry into something. The only way I could see something like this working is if they somehow allowed ECs to post their events on it. Like my event today could be posted there by me then it would definitely work.

  9. #9

    Default

    I think this idea is great. +rep.
    Thanks SupporterDivine thanked for this post
     



    Hello!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =(e)= : 1/12/16
    =(eG)= : 5/28/18
    =(eGO)= : 7/6/18

  10. #10

    Default

    Sounds like a good idea.
    Thanks SupporterDivine thanked for this post
     

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •