User Tag List

Post Attempt to reform

Some people know that I'm pretty toxic, and I've never been one to filter or put on a front. But while this originated on gaming, toxicity carries into my real life too. I'm a dick to my family and like everyone around me and I'm trying to change it.

If anyone has reformation tips, let me know.

Hold me accountable.

this doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of (specifically jailbreak) admins, it's pretty important for you guys to know the rules. old folk lore isn't rules.

this applies to disrespect and how I treat players when they speak to me, I usually would just say shut up or don't talk to me, or hurl an insult- or just completely ignore. I've come to realize it's not cool.
    Likes Tyron liked this post
    Dislikes TinyMuffinLord, Cow disliked this post

Anybody who was around during -pg- days knows how toxic I was as a CT.

I'd say it just comes down to your intentions. I would hunt down kills because I thought it was something that was enjoyable for me, afk freeze looking directly down commands (and shooting heads before that became outlawed), unstack/afkfreeze/facesouth/facedirectlydown commands, and killing anybody who was unlucky enough to have misheard even after my second repeat.

Eventually I got bored of this, and switched my goal to making the game more fun for everybody else. I started wardening with the T's in mind, getting map games played, doing unique things, etc, to try to make JB more enjoyable for others. Losing the nitpickiness on commands and less delay time came naturally with the shift in goal.

As for the admin thing, good. As an admin myself, I encourage disagreement. We make mistakes, even the best and most experienced of us. However, there is an appropriate way to point these mistakes out, usually a polite notification, nothing more. We know how to take care of these mistakes ourselves. It is never ok to harass an admin for accidentally falsely swapping you, or accidentally freekilling once, just because they are an admin. I get it, we're supposed to be 'better' than everybody else, but we will inevitably still make mistakes.

It ultimately comes down to how you voice your disagreement. Please keep in mind that different admins approach things differently. Most do not want to take the time to debate in server as I am often willing to do. (in which case, contact leadership thread/asking an AT will be more appropriate).
    Likes thorgot, SneakyTurtle liked this post

I've only met you a few times on jb and you seem like a pretty chill dude, its just you should probably work on your kos with prisoners. I do not know if that has to do with your anger or toxicity, but that would be the only reason I would see you as toxic. Otherwise, you seem to be chill.

We all have our ups and downs in life. I'm glad that you understand what your doing wrong, and work towards fixing it. You seem like a cool dude, just don't let the anger get to you :D
    =(e)= 5/14/2018
    =(eG)= 7/6/2018
    =(eGO)= 10/13/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Maryvale View Post
    Some people know that I'm pretty toxic, and I've never been one to filter or put on a front. But while this originated on gaming, toxicity carries into my real life too. I'm a dick to my family and like everyone around me and I'm trying to change it.

If anyone has reformation tips, let me know.

Hold me accountable.

this doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of (specifically jailbreak) admins, it's pretty important for you guys to know the rules. old folk lore isn't rules.

this applies to disrespect and how I treat players when they speak to me, I usually would just say shut up or don't talk to me, or hurl an insult- or just completely ignore. I've come to realize it's not cool.
    treat others the way you want to be treated ⸜(◡̈ )⸝
    knowing is part of the change and you already seem to know that what you're doing isnt good.
    just continue to think before speaking, and you will be on the road to being "reformed"
    Likes Corrupted liked this post

[Removed for speech against admins]

Quote Originally Posted by heidi View Post
    treat others the way you want to be treated ⸜(◡̈ )⸝
    knowing is part of the change and you already seem to know that what you're doing isnt good.
    just continue to think before speaking, and you will be on the road to being "reformed"
    Noted
    Last edited by Maryvale; 03-13-2019 at 09:37 PM.

maryvale you are not the only one that can be toxic i can too, espically in jb, people already met it, and yeah its hard to make it better if you got a really low temper
    =(e)= 05-13-2018
    =(e)= Removed 06-07-2018
    =(e)= Added back 08-10-2018
    =(eG)= 31-10-2018
    =(eGO)= 1-1-2019

MS 1-14-2019

but im a great guy just add me i dont bite

~BeastTheNinja

I recommend playing H1Z1 and channeling that anger into voice comms / 2 taps. It helped save some homies such as @Custom Stats @Godzilla @Coder @xValence I wish you luck on this long difficult journey
    Last edited by Larry_Da_Lobster; 03-16-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    Thanks Godzilla thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Da_Lobster View Post
    I recommend playing H1Z1 and channeling that anger into voice comms / 2 taps. It helped saved some homies such as @Custom Stats @Godzilla @Coder @xValence I wish you luck on this long difficult journey
    "save" is debateable
    Thanks Larry_Da_Lobster thanked for this post

Honestly, from a guy who always somehow managed to portray my emotions and passion for something as anger and shouting, I would like to just say in the long run, it is not worth it.

I was active here 3/4 years ago and looking back on it now, any arguments or anger that came from either the community, leadership, members, game etc just is not worth your time or hassle.
    I get that games can be annoying, people can be frustrating. Take a step back and see, how much does all of this really mean to your life as a whole?

My answer was on a scale of 1-1000, 1. Not to say I didn't enjoy it, I loved it. Sometimes eGO was the focus of my life and games helped distract from bad times. However, the frustration you may get from playing or talking with people, or decisions made in this online community. It "should not" matter.

I actually cried one over a leadership decision when I was an adviser, I can't remember what it was but I remember crying. Why immerse yourself so deep that it starts to effect your real life, and your emotions for a day, a week, or more.

TLDR:

Don't let little things get you down.
    Be passionate, not angry.
    Be kind, it doesn't hurt.
    Hold strong opinions, lightly.

Someone being toxic? Hating on you? -> Mute. Bye, they're out of your life. You don't need to risk being banned or ruining your fun to have the last word.

It's all a game, the community is for fun, games are for fun, if you are not having fun take a step back, breathe, and evaluate its meaning to you in the bigger picture.

I really didn't expect this post to be as long as this was but I guess I really did have something to say on this topic.

Hope everything works out for you and for everyone reading. I hope you all have a good day.