User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Exclamation Another message from your local TF2 crew

TF2 has had quite the eventful year so far, and itís only March! We continue to have great events hosted by our event coordinators and leadership members. We on the TF2 leadership team are proud of all of the wonderful people we have in our crew, so we have you guys to thank!

Recently, we had a meeting to discuss a few things as it relates to our community, and we agreed on a few things that we wanted to share with you all.

First, we agreed that we want to see more TF2 representation. Currently, we have 2, I repeat 2, active G admins. We really want to change that. If you are an e ranked TF2 member, there are many steps you can take to get promoted to G, which include being active on our servers (hightower, 2fort, etc) which ties into helping us catch rule breakers and posting ban requests. Other ways to get noticed include attending events, recruiting people, and overall activity within the community. If youíre active, weíll notice!

On the topic of recruiting, we also agreed that we want to see more recruits (eís) coming into the community. We plan on hosting another recruitment drive in the near future with prizes for the person who recruits the most, but that is still in development and in the works. In the meantime, continue trying to bring people into our community and into our game!

Something else that came of the meeting was the discussion of dear old ctf_turbine. Sadly, this map is not as popular as our current other maps are, and we are saddened by this. If things donít improve for Turbine, we might be forced to remove the map. However, we are considering putting Turbine onto a map rotation alongside other maps, to hopefully gain some more activity on them. What are your guys thoughts on this, and what suggestions do you potentially have to #SaveTurbine?

Finally, something we are all eager to announce: we are looking for more ECs! Currently, alongside her responsibilities of RC work, @DrkChocolate is the current goddess of EC, and she agreed we could do with a few more active ECs. To become an EC, you must be an O level admin as well as have a clean history with the community. If you meet those 2 basic requirements, send myself and Drk a PM on the forums and we can schedule an interview/review process to see if youíre EC material!

Thank you all again for your awesome work in helping keep TF2 alive and active, and we hope to keep it alive for the foreseeable future!
    Thanks Ledzo, Chidori thanked for this post
    Likes Supporterpeloc, Maserati, SupporterDivine, AdvisorAndrewW, Idol liked this post

I was actually thinking about eGO and the TF2 Division this morning and thought about a few things. At this time, Team Fortress 2 has been in a state that due to it's age... it's heavily dependent on the community (the global TF2 community in general). Most people I've notice will just queue to the Official Valve Servers, do MvM, or join a community server like skial or something because it has people in it. Here is some feedback/suggestions I wanted to present and see what happens.

- Recruiting:
    I know back in the day when I was EC and PSC(MS), I would take a team of eGO members and "invade" valve servers and passively recruit people that appeared to be friendly to join us, it would be an EC/RC co-hosted event I pushed for back then and It was fun because it was us engaging with other players in the community that maybe never heard of us or even aware that a dedicated TF2 Community with weekly events existed. It would be hard to do this now due to the way Matchmaking works plus the time, bodies and energy that would be needed.
    + Suggestion: Regroup at the home base, recruit in our servers when possible, enlisting new G's and O's, regrowing the EC/RC teams, getting back to hosting events regularly and give this a go again.

-Events:
    The one thing that kept us active from a perspective of an old timer I guess was the events. While maybe we didn't have the most active server filling towards the end, we would have events almost everyday and people would come for them. As the team grew out of the game or had different commitments, this among a few other things made it hard to keep at that pace. It would be awesome to get to a point where this can sorta be back to those levels and I believe the current membership would benefit from having events more regularly.
    +Suggestion: Analyze what the current eGO management would want to do, bring back some of the events slowly as we get people that can commit, Are we okay with part-timers as long as we can host X number of events a month to be considered active? Help each other by maybe co-hosting events with other divisions like back in the day.

-Servers:
    "Idle,Fill, Idle, Fill" I think there has to be another way. Since Valve hasn't been sending people our way anymore since 2014? lol I don't remember when this update that doesn't let you join of people anymore happened, but we could start posting in Reddit, find TF2 Community sites and invite people to our servers, events, etc. We should offer something that can only be found here. RXG has its Freak Fortress and 10x, PG had the most active Hightower server (no sentry), HG had some strange Jailbreak server, we had Turbine. we tried map rotations at one point, but found that when people were faced with a map they didn't like they would leave if the votes didn't favor a map they liked.
    +Suggestion: Maybe let's try something we haven't done yet, maybe a custom map rotation server? maybe a Jail/TTT server? (that seems to be what every other game is doing) It's something that isn't commonly found, however the catch 22 is there might be maps people don't like would leave when the map change happens. If there is a rotation server of some sort (custom or original) put a thread with some maps and put it to a vote, change it up quarterly? We need to find something to make us Unique though.

In closing, I'd like to see more of us on TeamSpeak, maybe add a channel for us (and the other supported games) in the Discord. I wish I could be around more to help with some of this. Anyone that is looking to be an EC, I can promise you it's a rewarding and creative experience, it was probably my favorite thing about my time as a full timer in eGO back in the day.
    Likes Division LeaderHotdogs, Idol liked this post

Actually if we do change Turbine to a map rotation, one of the options we were thinking of was making it a rotation of our member made maps such as Blackmesa, Ruined 2Fort, and the latest (and not yet loaded) Edifice. All unique maps that you wouldn't see elsewhere.

What do y'all think about that?
    Thanks Division LeaderHotdogs thanked for this post
    Likes Maserati, Chidori liked this post

Well, it's nice to know there's finally an EC leader. I've been wondering for months and months now. lol all hail leader DrkChocolate. :-)
    - Commanderstitch
    (I wrote an epic paperback novel! http://www.vaelift.com)

Quote Originally Posted by DrkChocolate View Post
    Actually if we do change Turbine to a map rotation, one of the options we were thinking of was making it a rotation of our member made maps such as Blackmesa, Ruined 2Fort, and the latest (and not yet loaded) Edifice. All unique maps that you wouldn't see elsewhere.

Blackmesa round 8!!! LOL. It always comes back.

Allow me to clarify something since a few people seem confused. Drk is not transferring to EC: she is the RC advisor who also happens to help a great deal with EC work, hence why you should include myself and her in your PM!

I have been a bit worried about the amount of players of recent. I think doing something not seen elsewhere, like the member made maps would be a great idea. And maybe, like Maserati said, adding a more popular game mode. I haven't been here long and I was only in PG for a year, but I love this community that loves my favorite game. I want to do anything I can to help keep this amazing place alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkChocolate View Post

i really like this idea, this could bring in more players and also new members
    Likes Maserati liked this post

oh. Okay then. lol
    - Commanderstitch
    (I wrote an epic paperback novel! http://www.vaelift.com)

I know this is a dead thread, but I would love to see an eGO server dedicated to a 6's or HL map rotation. I know a lot of sweaty gamers that love to play comp, and often come to hightower to warm up. A server like that might be nice.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Rev3l/Desktop/signature_eetosolsbW1944.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast