User Tag List

Thread: Ghosting Rules

Default Ghosting Rules

The rules off of the Jailbreak Rules says nothing about ghosting or anything of the sort. I looked through and not once is ghosting even mentioned. I also took look at the admin guide and it only says one time about ghosting as a Warn Kick Ban procedure. I believe a way to give a small bit of details should be added upon the rules to specify and also to prevent new players for not understanding what ghosting is or isn't. Maybe added upon the
    Definition of Common Terms :
    Ghosting - While dead and giving information that can be used to effect game play. Giving Locations and explaining where items are.

Pretty sure that would be covered in our eGO wide rules regarding cheating.

4. No cheating, cheat scripts, barrier jumping, map exploits or hacks of any kind.

It's cheating, plain and simple. It could also fall under:

5. No server disruption, including: griefing, mic/chat spamming, trolling or intentionally interfering with teammates.

This disrupts the server and interferes with the gameplay. Admins should be able to admin this at their discretion already.

If you are not sure how you should be handling it, I suggest putting it in the "Admin Help" forum.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-09-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Hello, @Firesean

the way @Simon pointed out its what ghosting is under, now i can help you how to handle it, if you got proof then always warn the server by doing in all chat @ Please do not Ghost Thank you! if its in the case they still do it, go ahead and kick them, after that if they do it again make a ban request since i can see you do not have your O or else for O's should ban them for a week, but if its blatant go ahead with the 2 weeks

Hope this helped

~BeastTheNinja
    =(e)= 05-13-2018
    =(e)= Removed 06-07-2018
    =(e)= Added back 08-10-2018
    =(eG)= 31-10-2018
    =(eGO)= 1-1-2019

MS 1-14-2019

but im a great guy just add me i dont bite

~BeastTheNinja

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Pretty sure that would be covered in our eGO wide rules regarding cheating.

4. No cheating, cheat scripts, barrier jumping, map exploits or hacks of any kind.

It's cheating, plain and simple. It could also fall under:

5. No server disruption, including: griefing, mic/chat spamming, trolling or intentionally interfering with teammates.

This disrupts the server and interferes with the gameplay. Admins should be able to admin this at their discretion already.

If you are not sure how you should be handling it, I suggest putting it in the "Admin Help" forum.
    You know it could just still be added. Even though it's common sense that it's cheating, common sense isn't that common.
    Dislikes Simon disliked this post

Steam
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dxwn__

League of Legends
    EU West: iDxwn

Me when I'm offline. Just hoppin.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    You know it could just still be added. Even though it's common sense that it's cheating, common sense isn't that common.
    Last thing we need is a 10 page rulebook by defining every single small thing that's against the rules. It's why we have global rules in the first place. Short global rules so people know what not to do, and server/game specific rules so that a player can read and understand them in a reasonable amount of time. No player is going to go through a 3-4 page rulebook. We keep everything concise and to the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    Rules like those are for bronze players...
    Quote Originally Posted by _MEGA
    but then MC gets stabbed
    and she's in the hospital on her phone searching "how win a guy over in the hospital"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Last thing we need is a 10 page rulebook by defining every single small thing that's against the rules. It's why we have global rules in the first place. Short global rules so people know what not to do, and server/game specific rules so that a player can read and understand them in a reasonable amount of time. No player is going to go through a 3-4 page rulebook. We keep everything concise and to the point.
    I mean, I guess xd. But not everybody checks the global rules. Most people just get linked the JB rules or whatever the case may be and then just read it, but ghosting is just one of does things you learn over time. Like someone might get kicked for it and the person may ask about it in admin chat.
    Steam
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dxwn__

League of Legends
    EU West: iDxwn

Me when I'm offline. Just hoppin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesean View Post
    The rules off of the Jailbreak Rules says nothing about ghosting or anything of the sort. I looked through and not once is ghosting even mentioned. I also took look at the admin guide and it only says one time about ghosting as a Warn Kick Ban procedure. I believe a way to give a small bit of details should be added upon the rules to specify and also to prevent new players for not understanding what ghosting is or isn't. Maybe added upon the
    Definition of Common Terms :
    Ghosting - While dead and giving information that can be used to effect game play. Giving Locations and explaining where items are.
    This has always been something listed in the admin guides as it is not something specific to just Jailbreak. As of now there we won't be making any changes to the Jailbreak rules to include something like this as it's a rule that is applied to all servers. I have gone ahead and added a bit more explanation on the topic in the CS Admin Guide as it was missing a bit of information so I appreciate you bringing this to us~

~Closed
    Thanks SupporterBeastTheNinja thanked for this post