User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Jr Admins

Default Jr Admins

I think that jr admins should have some extent to ban. As a DS you can voteban for 30 minutes but a jr admin can only kick. Not sure if there is a way for a ban to be only around a day for jr admins and at the same time a way for full admins to ban longer but Jr admins should at least be able to vote ban if a dedicated supporter can. It would help a lot as when it's only a jr admin on even if there a DS they cant vote ban due to an online admin so they should be able to help too. Prevent the mass rdm today
    Thanks SupporterGower thanked for this post
    Likes Godzilla, tammer10, Depression, Maserati, Mike and 3 others liked this post

I can say this is reasonable. Honestly I think they should be able to ban for 30 mins without the voting. If someone is clearly breaking the rules, they can just ban them for 30 mins and then put in a request to ban them for longer.
    Likes carter227, Zestyy, Mike, Jacko, Corrupted liked this post

Hello!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =(e)= : 1/12/16
    =(eG)= : 5/28/18
    =(eGO)= : 7/6/18

Or just allow them to ban?
    Dislikes SupporterGower, Corrupted, teimyw8 disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tammer10 View Post
    I can say this is reasonable. Honestly I think they should be able to ban for 30 mins without the voting. If someone is clearly breaking the rules, they can just ban them for 30 mins and then put in a request to ban them for longer.
    I completely agree with tammer on this one
    Member Service Admin Trainer for eGO.
    Question about Joining? Or anything else eGO related? Add me on discord, or look for me in teamspeak!
    Dryden#0001 /id/elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by carter227 View Post
    That just defeats the purpose of junior admins. They need to learn first and we need to make sure they know all the rules and then they can get their big boy powers.
    Likes Michael Bolton, Simon, teimyw8 liked this post
    Dislikes Godzilla disliked this post

Hello!

This could be very handy for hackers (spinbot, aimbot, speed hacks), repeat mic spammers, racism, etc. It would definitely need close supervision and anything needing longer bans would need requests just like full admins.

Quote Originally Posted by tammer10 View Post
    That just defeats the purpose of junior admins. They need to learn first and we need to make sure they know all the rules and then they can get their big boy powers.
    this logic doesn't make sense if you consider that somebody can pay $5 and have an extent of power that hand picked admins do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by carter227 View Post
    I disagree, I've seen some questionable bans, even from O members. mistakes happen, and the best way to prevent them is experience.

I just think that its strange how VIPs can voteban somebody but eGs can't ban at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    this logic doesn't make sense if you consider that somebody can pay $5 and have an extent of power that hand picked admins do not.
    In my first response I said the egís should be able to BAN for 30 mins. Not vote-ban. This gives them more power than vip vote-bans.

Plus I think the vip vote-banning is actually a pretty good system, Iíve never seen anyone abuse it. Itís useful when no admins are online.

Hello!

At least on Jailbreak we used to allow juniors to CT ban players. I really liked this because not only did this allow for juniors to practice bans and writing notes but it also helped keep our server clean from troublesome guards. Now with CT bans gone this is no longer the case and CSGO being free-to-play added a cherry on top.

+1 for allowing juniors to have some sort of banning powers. Allowing juniors to ban for 30 mins or even up to a day sounds reasonable.
    Likes Corrupted liked this post

This came up some time ago. I cannot find the original thread but I believe it was in discussion at the upper leadership level (CM+).

I think this is something that was being considered for MAUL 3 as well. So it could already be in the works - but a CM would need to confirm this.

In the mean time, there are some methods at their disposal. If it's clearly a player coming in to troll, is CT banning still an option they can do to keep them at bay for a bit?

While initially something I was against since eGO has functioned for a long time without this being a problem and was the stepping stone for eG admins, I can understand some servers like TTT and Jail are suffering often (particularly with the f2p issues that can happen sometimes). So, I get it now. A small amount of time that can be used to ban might help.

I just wish that DS people would stop acting like they are admins sometimes. It's supposed to be there to help out, not to make yourself pay-to-admin. But that's a whole other topic.
    Last edited by Simon; 02-22-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast