User Tag List

Default Two-factor authentication

Hi,

I was wondering if implementing two-factor authentication was possible? Two-factor authentication would be a great benefit to account security. Maybe itís already there and I missed it, in that case, I feel very dumb.

Anyway, adding this to the forums would be lovely. Is it even possible with vBulletin?
    Last edited by Gower; 01-28-2019 at 04:06 AM.

If possible this could be great.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Me when I'm offline. Just hoppin.

A mod does exist to do it using Google Authenticator

http://vbulletin-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5150

Although not sure what the status of the mod is.

By default there isn't any settings built into Vbulletin unless it's for admins/mods using ModCP/AdminCP, and requires Vbulletin 5.3+.

I've never seen anyone get hacked on here, granted, but I know lots of people like having 2 factor. I prepare nice long generated strings
    Likes SupporterGower liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    A mod does exist to do it using Google Authenticator

http://vbulletin-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5150

Although not sure what the status of the mod is.

By default there isn't any settings built into Vbulletin unless it's for admins/mods using ModCP/AdminCP, and requires Vbulletin 5.3+.

I've never seen anyone get hacked on here, granted, but I know lots of people like having 2 factor. I prepare nice long generated strings
    That looks like a great plugin and just what we need

Well it kinda good i dont use 2-factor because i hate opening my phone just to confirm a little messeage, but otherwise i have used it before
    =(e)= 05-13-2018
    =(e)= Removed 06-07-2018
    =(e)= Added back 08-10-2018
    =(eG)= 31-10-2018
    =(eGO)= 1-1-2019

MS 1-14-2019

but im a great guy just add me i dont bite

~BeastTheNinja

Although great in the sense of added security, but a pain in the ass at the same time. Signing in every time you visit the forums is not necessary. I automatically stay signed in. I can understand if we had more sensitive info on here about our selves but seems pointless to implement 2 factor.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Although great in the sense of added security, but a pain in the ass at the same time. Signing in every time you visit the forums is not necessary. I automatically stay signed in. I can understand if we had more sensitive info on here about our selves but seems pointless to implement 2 factor.
    It is an optional feature, you don't have to use if you don't want to.

Seeing as this was implemented and is now a feature, can we put this in completed? Thanks!

@ Leadership