User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default server settings on aquatic

I know there is an entity cap but other than that are the spawn settings adjusted at all beyond vanilla's rules:

Mobs must be 24 blocks away to spawn
    32 blocks to despawn
    126 blocks away from a player = despawn instantly?

Also any plans to release seed number? Just want to find a slime chunk. Will build in swamp if not.

Thanks!

There is a way to find slime chunks without the seed. Levels 1-36 they will spawn in a slime chunk. Build 3 x 3 chunks area below your base, and see if slimes spawn. I found 3 slime chunks in my area this way.

^ Very good idea -> Trial and error
    We do not release the seed while the map is active.

As for the numbers with mob spawning, please wait while we retreive those for you.

EDIT: Being told numbers have not been changed, so those numbers should be correct.
    Last edited by BUTTERLOVER7683; 01-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.

=(e)= - 7/19/15
    =(eG)= - 9/7/15
    =(eGO)= - 12/25/15
    AT - 1/31/16
    Manager - 10/27/17

you can also find slimes in swamp biomes at night i believe

Quote Originally Posted by FirezFury View Post
    you can also find slimes in swamp biomes at night i believe
    Yeah that's what I am doing. Just needed to know the height to build my platform.

Thanks all!

Speaking of spawn rates, why are there so many dolphins!? I will search all over for squid--which I know spawn less, due to the added aquatic entities--but will find zilch. Oh, but I can find 20 dolphins in a chunk. Blah.

Willing to bet the high dolphin spawning rate is default. Squids have always been hard to find.

=(e)= - 7/19/15
    =(eG)= - 9/7/15
    =(eGO)= - 12/25/15
    AT - 1/31/16
    Manager - 10/27/17

Quote Originally Posted by mcgraivy View Post
    Speaking of spawn rates, why are there so many dolphins!? I will search all over for squid--which I know spawn less, due to the added aquatic entities--but will find zilch. Oh, but I can find 20 dolphins in a chunk. Blah.
    What do you have against Flipper?!
    Maserati: TS is UP, UP, DOWN DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START!

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    ---George S. Patton

ITS A GUNDAM!!! -- The grunts who go on to live long and fulfilled lives in the Gundam franchise....

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERLOVER7683 View Post
    Willing to bet the high dolphin spawning rate is default. Squids have always been hard to find.
    Yeah...I've accepted the low squid spawn rates due to the influx of new entities in the seas (although, I haven't seen a lot of tropical fish or pufferfish either). I think Mojang realizes this, and that's why they are adding the nether flower--to give us another source of black dye.

Quote Originally Posted by MacArther View Post
    What do you have against Flipper?!
    Oh boy, do I have some unsavory and, frankly, NSFW facts about dolphins for you...

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast