User Tag List

Thread: A not bad team

Default A not bad team

Whats the best way to level up solo queue?
    Its seems like one in 3 games people work together. Im not the best at overwatch, but gold was signifigantly better than where Im at in silver now.
    Likes Minty liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by xDreamzZz View Post
    Whats the best way to level up solo queue?
    Its seems like one in 3 games people work together. Im not the best at overwatch, but gold was signifigantly better than where Im at in silver now.
    Not the best over here, I'm hovering around 3350-3400 right now in mid-high diamond. I peaked at 3941 several seasons ago, and I can safely say that its easier (albeit less fun) to rank up than ever before.

1. When you're in silver/gold/plat, you're in carry zone. Find a dps, offtank or offheals with carry potential and get tremendously good at them. Genji, Doomfist, Tracer, Pharah, Widowmaker, Roadhog, D.va, Zarya, Brigette, Zenyatta, etc. By cycling through a few key game-deciding picks, you can boost your team's composition and kick ass on your own simultaneously. At those ranks, so long as you're not getting hard-countered there is opportunity for serious gains.

2. Learn the counter picks. (ESPECIALLY post-platinum) Overwatch really screwed themselves over with the introduction of multiple disabling characters, and has therefore rendered several characters useless with counter picks. If they have a brig, you CANNOT play Tracer. If they have a good Sombra, you lose all main tank viability. Etc. etc. etc. This can work to your advantage or your downfall. Make sure it's working to your advantage.

3. Keep trying to communicate. Solid, positive calls are so meaningful to good teamplay that it's not even funny. Yes you're going to get unlucky with bad teammates. But it's like poker - there are times you lose entirely based on luck, but the best poker players play right every single time and will always win more than they lose.

Good luck with the grind, kiddo :D

[DS] =(eGO)= Minty : :D
    :D has joined the game.
    [DS] =(eGO)= Minty : :o

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Not the best over here, I'm hovering around 3350-3400 right now in mid-high diamond. I peaked at 3941 several seasons ago, and I can safely say that its easier (albeit less fun) to rank up than ever before.
    Im the ****ing best over here, I'm hovering around 100-300 right now in this shit rank. I peaked 500 several seasons ago and I can safely say that its harder to rank up than before.
    Thanks Minty thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Spathika View Post
    Im the ****ing best over here, I'm hovering around 100-300 right now in this shit rank. I peaked 500 several seasons ago and I can safely say that its harder to rank up than before.
    Ooh baby, I love it when you're sardonic <3

[DS] =(eGO)= Minty : :D
    :D has joined the game.
    [DS] =(eGO)= Minty : :o

Minty pretty much hit it over the head. The other thing to keep in mind is the time you play. I've noticed that some people specifically get on at certain times to troll, win, be toxic, etc. It's about being cool and just focusing on the game, not the chat, and recovering from mistakes quickly. Whether their yours or your team's, just bounce back and do your best to keep teamwork tight.
    Proud member of Team!

Duo ideally DPS and a flex or main tank / off tank player. Or just DPS and play the carry heros, some games though you just can't win and you need to recognize those and don't let them tilt you. I got to GM solo queuing but it was mostly just playing Hanzo.
    http://www.esportsea.com/users/491000

LANS Attended:

Intel LanFest Summer 2014 (1st CSGO)
    Intel LanFest Winter 2015 (1st CSGO)
    Intel LanFest Summer 2015 (1st CSGO)
    GameON Lan September 2015 (1st CSGO $500)
    Intel LanFest Summer 2016 (1st CSGO)

I would say try to avoid solo queuing and play with friends because that could get really complicated.