User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Default [Jailbreak] Clarify 'delay' for LRs

    Simple suggestion, add

    'Custom LRs must take a reasonable amount of time to complete' to the rules regarding LRs.

    This should avoid confusion, and clarify how almost every admin on JB is handling the issue of people doing full extreme climb on clouds for a custom LR anyways.

    It would also allow for admin discretion on how long a custom LR can last, so there is no need to be setting stopwatches on a certain time limit, and allows more freedom to adjust to the specific situation.
    Likes Jacko, Corrupted liked this post
     

  2. #2

    Default

    I suggested implementing a rule clarifying this before the rule update but we eventually agreed to just keep it at admin discretion.

    Admins need to watch out for this happening and using W/K/B procedure more. If you see a T delaying the round with lr, either by playing multiple games with the same CT, or playing an extremely long game (i.e extreme climb) please please PLEASE w/k/b this player for Server Disruption or Delay.

    The majority of the server is spectating the last remaining survivors. This delaying T can cause a good amount of people to leave the server. No one wants to spectate for too long, we just want to play.
    Thanks Matrix thanked for this post
    Likes Corrupted liked this post
     

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    I suggested implementing a rule clarifying this before the rule update but we eventually agreed to just keep it at admin discretion.

    Admins need to watch out for this happening and using W/K/B procedure more. If you see a T delaying the round with lr, either by playing multiple games with the same CT, or playing an extremely long game (i.e extreme climb) please please PLEASE w/k/b this player for Server Disruption or Delay.

    The majority of the server is spectating the last remaining survivors. This delaying T can cause a good amount of people to leave the server. No one wants to spectate for too long, we just want to play.
    I just think having it in the official rules would avoid confusion because this is an issue that comes up fairly often in my experience. I've also had it happen where I warn it as delaying, and then people complain that its not specified in the rules.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    I just think having it in the official rules would avoid confusion because this is an issue that comes up fairly often in my experience. I've also had it happen where I warn it as delaying, and then people complain that its not specified in the rules.
    Although its not a written rule it falls under "common sense" server disruption rules. If a T is purposefully delays the round an admin can use discretion for it. The issue here is that I don't always see admins actually enforcing it as often as they should be.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    ... then people complain that its not specified in the rules.
    You are an admin, what admins say goes. If they have a problem with an admin, they can come to the forums, post in the drop box aka contact leadership and go from their.

    If they want to argue, you warn them to not argue with an admin, then kick, then ban, as needed.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Although its not a written rule it falls under "common sense" server disruption rules. If a T is purposefully delays the round an admin can use discretion for it. The issue here is that I don't always see admins actually enforcing it as often as they should be.
    Then it being in the rules would help a lot with that. The issue here is that even if it falls under 'common sense' in your eyes, it just doesn't for some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    You are an admin, what admins say goes. If they have a problem with an admin, they can come to the forums, post in the drop box aka contact leadership and go from their.

    If they want to argue, you warn them to not argue with an admin, then kick, then ban, as needed.
    I am an admin who does not take this route to handling others, if they want to argue with me and try to convince me that I am wrong, I grant them the opportunity as long as they are being productive.
    I think that this would be a good addition to the rules to prevent this from being an argument in the first place, so that everybody is on the same page.
    Likes Corrupted liked this post
     

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    I am an admin who does not take this route to handling others, if they want to argue with me and try to convince me that I am wrong, I grant them the opportunity as long as they are being productive.
    I think that this would be a good addition to the rules to prevent this from being an argument in the first place, so that everybody is on the same page.
    No, you do not do that in the server. Such behavior will condition players to whine, argue, and complain with admins in the server. That is not an appropriate avenue for such activity. If they want to discuss an action brought against them or someone else in the server, they have the forums (Contact Leadership) to do that.

    If players are allowed to argue with admins, such as yourself, then other admins lose the ability to be able to confidently take action. A malevolent player will take advantage of being able to argue with the admins' action and further question the admins' ability in the server even if its in admin chat. Such players will pass on the fact they can get away with being able to argue and question what an admin does therefore causing more damage than you think. Admins are there to ensure the players on the server follow the rules and do not cause disruption or malevolence towards other players or admins.

    I'm going to add in, you can always tell the player why you took action against them and to ask them not do break any further rules that will result in additional consequences but do not allow them to argue against what you did in the server even if you think it will constructive.

    If you have doubt of an action you are about to take on a player, contact another eG, contact an eGO, contact an AT, or contact leadership in Steam, TS/Discord, or through cross server chat. Keep your doubts quiet otherwise people can and will take advantage of your lack of confidence.



    A good admin will think before acting, a great admin will think about their actions, discuss with others of their intended actions, and then review if that was the correct course of action or if there was a better way of handling it.
    Last edited by Rogue Sniper; 12-15-2018 at 12:45 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    No, you do not do that in the server. Such behavior will condition players to whine, argue, and complain with admins in the server. That is not an appropriate avenue for such activity. If they want to discuss an action brought against them or someone else in the server, they have the forums (Contact Leadership) to do that.

    If players are allowed to argue with admins, such as yourself, then other admins lose the ability to be able to confidently take action. A malevolent player will take advantage of being able to argue with the admins' action and further question the admins' ability in the server even if its in admin chat. Such players will pass on the fact they can get away with being able to argue and question what an admin does therefore causing more damage than you think. Admins are there to ensure the players on the server follow the rules and do not cause disruption or malevolence towards other players or admins.

    I'm going to add in, you can always tell the player why you took action against them and to ask them not do break any further rules that will result in additional consequences but do not allow them to argue against what you did in the server even if you think it will constructive.

    If you have doubt of an action you are about to take on a player, contact another eG, contact an eGO, contact an AT, or contact leadership in Steam, TS/Discord, or through cross server chat. Keep your doubts quiet otherwise people can and will take advantage of your lack of confidence.



    A good admin will think before acting, a great admin will think about their actions, discuss with others of their intended actions, and then review if that was the correct course of action or if there was a better way of handling it.
    I think you misunderstand my approach to enforcing the rules, this is also not a topic we should be discussing here.

    Regardless, that is irrelevant to this suggestion.
    Likes Sampaio liked this post
     

  9. #9

    Default

    I think this should get added to the rules. I've seen a bunch of admins just standing there waiting for the T to finish there 6 custom lr's. I've asked thwm if they could move them into spec and back into CT but some admins aren't sure if they're allowed to take action against a T that's delaying there LR.

    Will there be any problems if it gets added to the rules? No. It will just clarify that this isn't allowed.

    I personally thing Orange is a great admin because he will explain why you got swapped. You might be confused about some rule or something like that and Orange will explain that.
    Last edited by Corrupted; 12-15-2018 at 05:24 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    If they are just bronze league at CS:GO and doing Shot4Shot and missing a lot but trying, that's not delaying.
    If they are trying to do climb w/ CTs but both are just bad and falling a lot, that's not delaying.
    If they are actively trying to do their one LR, they are not delaying.

    If they are doing more than 1 game for the LR, that is delaying.
    If they are running around the map trying to find something to do, that is delaying. They should have something roughly figured out when they get LR and can further deliberate from there if needed.

    If an admin does not know if they are delaying, they can ask other admins in multiple ways of communication. They should generally have a good understanding before hand about what is delaying to help keep the game going smoothly. There might be a slight margin between admins what is delaying but they should all roughly be on the same page.

    If you think a player is taking a bit long to decide what to do, explain the rules of their LR, or whatever else, you can let them know to speed it up as there are a lot of people waiting to play.

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •