Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the same (3 per team)

6 54.55%
  • Reduce to 2 per team

3 27.27%
  • Reduce to 1 per team

2 18.18%

Default Reduce m249 count to 2 per team (CS:S Dust 2 server)

Many people in Dust 2 have suggested we reduce the amount of m249's on the server. Reducing it to one per team seems too much of a change but two per team sounds more reasonable. Currently the server allows three per team making a total of six. One of the big issues with the gun is its suppression capability. In the Dust 2 server you need to move from A to B site quickly and one m249 can easily shoot through doors and boxes to kill anyone behind them. It also allows them to mow down large amounts of enemy players with ease. While this can be a tactical advantage it quickly becomes an annoyance to any regular players.

If you play on the CS:S dust 2 server please let your friends know so we can get accurate opinions.
    Last edited by Ryo5678; 12-03-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Member Services NME Coordinator
    Here to help you! Send me a message here, or on steam, or discord.

Got event ideas or need help organizing an event? I may be able to help you out.

Remove it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    Rules like those are for bronze players...
    Quote Originally Posted by _MEGA
    but then MC gets stabbed
    and she's in the hospital on her phone searching "how win a guy over in the hospital"

If your concern is people spraying through doors/boxes, that happens with numerous other weapons already. Besides, dust2 has a pretty nice round time which works when the server is near cap. If you just let people run out and die during the first 30 seconds of the around, as there are many that do so, you can work with those that remain and easily deal with m249s. If you're running through long doors right as the round starts as a T and somehow survive the nade spam, you probably deserve to die to the m249, p90s, m4s, and everyone else spraying their guns at the exit. To be honest, unless this is a new issue within the past few days, I haven't seen or heard of it being an issue by regulars on the servers.

Also, the main issue with getting opinions from dust2 is the fact that a large majority of the player base are pubs. They join they server and just want to play and have fun. Unless you take the time, add them on steam, and actually spend a few days to a week talking to the players of the server, you won't really get an accurate feel for what the people actually supporting the server think.

Credit to Byakuya for the original image!

More or less what Mega said. I havent heard of these issues since m249s were unlimited. Unless youve seen this development from playing on the Dust2 server for a couple weeks. Not calling you out, just genuinely curious as to what spurred this
    Likes Division LeaderYehhp liked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

As a Dust 2 regular, I occasionally see the call for us to change paras to 2, 1, or eliminate them from the game. Most of the time this is from one player that keeps getting mowed down by running into the spray. I see no use in changing or eliminating them from the server since someone who can use the para well can hold back the other side until backup can arrive. I remember what it was like when paras were unlimited and then cut to 6 and now we have them at three. I see no reason to eliminate them as they are only as good as the player using them (or the occasional lucky player). The para is not over powered in the same sense as the AWP.

(Just from the title) Wait what is M249 like abused on CS:S lol

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    =(e)= 29.05.2018
    =(e)= Removed 14.07.18
    =(e)= Added back 20.07.18
    =(eG)= Maybe some day
    =(eGO)= You good?

Mayhem, Custom and Yehhp next.

The para in source is literally just a better m4. Valve ruined it (made it super broken) by patching its firing accuracy years ago. It's not as bad as the time it was still a 1 hit headshot through helmets, but it's still a broken gun with 16k money

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem Death View Post
    More or less what Mega said. I havent heard of these issues since m249s were unlimited. Unless youve seen this development from playing on the Dust2 server for a couple weeks. Not calling you out, just genuinely curious as to what spurred this
    I've been on the server daily since September and I've seen a lot of m249 complaints from regulars to new players and I was one of the complaints.

I see a lot of people just spray through near anything and take out multiple players before the ammo runs out of the first mag.

I don't feel the need to fully remove it but if you get 3 good players on one team who all happen to be m249 users than It can become troublesome and at times annoying for others on the server.

I believe the m249 and AWM are on the same page as they both supply massive damage and can easily decimate a good number of players on the opposing team but the AWM if fully banned and m249 has 3 per team. One can do more damage and kill more players with the para though as normally a good spray nets a head shot within the first 10 bullets.
    Play games and carve canyons! -Ant

Quote Originally Posted by rps13 View Post
    I've been on the server daily since September and I've seen a lot of m249 complaints from regulars to new players and I was one of the complaints.

I see a lot of people just spray through near anything and take out multiple players before the ammo runs out of the first mag.

I don't feel the need to fully remove it but if you get 3 good players on one team who all happen to be m249 users than It can become troublesome and at times annoying for others on the server.

I believe the m249 and AWM are on the same page as they both supply massive damage and can easily decimate a good number of players on the opposing team but the AWM if fully banned and m249 has 3 per team. One can do more damage and kill more players with the para though as normally a good spray nets a head shot within the first 10 bullets.
    They must all be complaining during the day because at night you may get a couple here and there. Mainly it's because certain players sit in the same spot and spray (headshot box at long, mid double doors and behind car at b). It's not completely remove them. I would say you could ask regulars and over 75% would say leave them alone (3 per team).