User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Ah, but how helpful is unstacking the Ts one knifing distance from each other when you no longer have a height advantage because they're up in the catwalk with you. You're going to be staring down a loosely spread stack with bodies everywhere. There's never going to be a clear shot that opens up in such a scenario; you'll always run the risk of hitting someone inches to the side, or directly in front of/behind your target. Instead you're going to have to unstack them in a designated ground floor area (where they should've already been, except for the fact that they can just run up to catwalks they have no reason being in).

Much easier to just spray down those prisoners going up onto the catwalk area to begin with, because they have no business being there except to rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFlamingos View Post
    My 2 cents is that I think this would help to an extent, as long as it was worded differently, because saying catwalks/fenced will cause issues on some maps.

Also, this still wont help with bad CTs, they'll still find a way to bait regardless of whether or not theres CT areas.
    The wording previously used to call it a "CT Area" that was an autowant. What was a CT Area you might ask? An area, by design, meant for CTs only. If games are on the catwalk or behind a fenced in area, then its hard to justify that the design was for the Ts not to go that way, since there are games over there. The problem is, this requires a bit of thinking about to determine what is or isn't a CT Area, and isn't just so obvious as "every catwalk ever is a ct area." So then nerds get shot for going into a ct area when they thought it wasn't a ct area.
    Last edited by RedDragonKnight; 11-30-2018 at 11:02 AM.

You are considering a very worst case scenario which is rare at times, where you have most Ts that managed to make it to that area in the very limited free time that they get.

Like I stated, such things can be avoided by working together.

For example, you noticed this happened one round, you help prevent it from happening again. By keeping Ts away from that area, where it takes longer than the free time that Ts get after killing the warden. Position in a way, that this doesn't happen. When it becomes a recurring thing still where Ts are constantly getting on that area and grabbing the gun, then perhaps the warden should not die there..

I hardly see any benefits in restricting the area, as the situation stands. If proceeded with this, I see this becoming a major issue. Because now the only way Ts can get a gun is by getting lucky that for some odd reason they managed to survive all the bullets leading to the gun that warden dropped. Or somehow getting inside the gunroom.
    Dedicated Supporter and Adblocker see this Ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampaio View Post
    You are considering a very worst case scenario which is rare at times, where you have most Ts that managed to make it to that area in the very limited free time that they get.

Like I stated, such things can be avoided by working together.

For example, you noticed this happened one round, you help prevent it from happening again. By keeping Ts away from that area, where it takes longer than the free time that Ts get after killing the warden. Position in a way, that this doesn't happen. When it becomes a recurring thing still where Ts are constantly getting on that area and grabbing the gun, then perhaps the warden should not die there..

I hardly see any benefits in restricting the area, as the situation stands. If proceeded with this, I see this becoming a major issue. Because now the only way Ts can get a gun is by getting lucky that for some odd reason they managed to survive all the bullets leading to the gun that warden dropped. Or somehow getting inside the gunroom.
    You keep thinking of competent and cohesive team. That’s just not what occurs. I watched for an hour with the top three CTs of 10-13 being competent and confident. They also died due to being shot in the head or knived because the other CTs didnt notice the Ts rush or care enough to shoot them.

All your responses are in the world of what if the CTs were smart, worked together, and had the aim of LEMs. Truth is as a CT, the game was rigged from the start. The odds are heavily not in your favor with pubs playing as CTs and trying to get them to listen to you and work with you.

Like I’ve said before this change has more positives that out weigh the few negatives that really aren’t negatives.

I'd be cool with this.

Hell, it was how pG JB in 2013 worked on GMod.
    Likes Rogue Sniper, Advisorcrc1225 liked this post

As most of us know common sense isn't so common and having a generic rule restricting CT areas can be troublesome to players. As admins we can enforce and define them as CT areas but there are so many maps and areas that it can be very difficult.

Corrupted brought up a good point that in some cases where to start the game or open the door to the game is on a CT catwalk or CT "area". I can see issues during freedays where CT would kill any T from attempting to enter the CT area.

The only case where I would see this useful is after warden dies and the T's get a small window of freeday before there is a new warden. Other than that I really dont see this as a crucial addition to the rules. CT's need to kill T's for detouring to these spots.
    Likes Sampaio, Corrupted liked this post

Both styles of JB work fine, there isn't a significant issue with any. Biggest cost would be transitional.

"Matz you're the best."Dr.Compton

After having another discussion about this with my team, we have come to the consensus that we will leave things the way that they are. If we see that this needs to be revisited, then we will do so. Cheers!

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)=™ Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)=™ Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)=™ Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)=™ Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)=™ Ashley'<3 ƒαмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)=™ Ashley'<3 ƒαмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4