User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Default [Jail] Make CT areas autowants (catwalks, fenced areas, etc.)

Watched people play some Canyondam v3b tonight. CTs already at a disadvantage of 3-1 ratio, Ts just waltz on up and knife the CT and BAM soon the CT team capitulates and Ts own another property they can't rent out due to rising crime rates and falling property prices.

But seriously... idk why they're not with eGO maps hitting the server slowly, CTs should be using these areas and not baiting and Ts shouldn't be allowed to live if they go in them.
    Likes Advisorcrc1225, teimyw8 liked this post

With the extensive training and discipline, CTs go through in their training school, they need to be prepared for any situation with the tools at their disposal (Guns, knifes etc). Prisoners don't get those trainings in any school.

Anyway, the rules of JB state that guards are not allowed to camp/stay in a restricted area. So if you want to restrict those areas, then guard can't even be there and look at Ts. Assuming you are referring to catwalks and such? If not, maybe I misread.
    Dedicated Supporter and Adblocker see this Ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampaio View Post
    With the extensive training and discipline, CTs go through in their training school, they need to be prepared for any situation with the tools at their disposal (Guns, knifes etc). Prisoners don't get those trainings in any school.

Anyway, the rules of JB state that guards are not allowed to camp/stay in a restricted area. So if you want to restrict those areas, then guard can't even be there and look at Ts. Assuming you are referring to catwalks and such? If not, maybe I misread.
    CT's should also not bait. CT areas are made to help prevent this. CT areas also let CTs move around without getting knifed. The rules also need to be changed as I assume that was due to people camping armory and the like even when no Ts could be seen or whatever and if you are moving around the map in CT areas as a CT, you are not camping since you are not sitting in a single area.

We had this rule on the old Jailbreak server, it worked fine, people still rebelled, people didn't camp, and baiting was down like 80% by having these areas.

Nick explained autowant perfectly, as that is Jail terms (yes for the last 10 years it has been wanted / autowant/ etc) people slowly started to use TTT because they were coming from there and the fact its from police officers are the ones in charge of county and city jails (in the US usually). Hence the you are wanted for X crime or Y infraction and that makes more sense than someone screaming SO-N-SO IS KILL ON SIGHT FOR LITTERING.
    Last edited by Rogue Sniper; 11-29-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Likes Advisorcrc1225 liked this post

I think we should just keep armory, vents, and secrets restricted areas.

I was in canyondam during the scenerio you described. Its up to the Warden and CT's to pay attention to these rebellers. If the T makes it to the catwalk where the CT's are then they should be KOS immediately for detouring and delaying.

Basically this is already a thing if Warden never ordered the T's to go there in the first place.

This would also be helpful when a warden dies. Right now a warden dies and it becomes a freeday till a new warden gives new orders. On a map like Canyon and some other tighter maps like vipinthemix if the ct areas were autowants then the ct's would be able to take control of the people running around while still staying safe in the ct area.

Also what has bugged me since day one is that on freedays it is basically, "Hey the ct's can't stand anywhere without being killed or camping armory, What hiding spot can I go in and just camp there until I'm last guard or killed" This is the stupidest thing. Ct's should always be actively trying to control the prisoners even on freedays. If the ct areas were autowants then the ct's could stay safely in the ct area while still controlling the t's.
    Likes Rogue Sniper, teimyw8 liked this post
    Dislikes Corrupted disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by crc1225 View Post
    Also what has bugged me since day one is that on freedays it is basically, "Hey the ct's can't stand anywhere without being killed or camping armory, What hiding spot can I go in and just camp there until I'm last guard or killed" This is the stupidest thing. Ct's should always be actively trying to control the prisoners even on freedays. If the ct areas were autowants then the ct's could stay safely in the ct area while still controlling the t's.
    CT's had more freedom back in the olden days. I always like the concept of Warden being able to restrict an area or a room during a freeday to make things more interesting instead of a CT hide and seek.
    Likes Logang For Life liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    CT's had more freedom back in the olden days. I always like the concept of Warden being able to restrict an area or a room during a freeday to make things more interesting instead of a CT hide and seek.
    I agree 100% with both of these statements. Mainly that restrictions make it much more interesting
    Dislikes Dream__ disliked this post

I don't think ct's will not die if ct areas are "autowant", since most ct's die because there's a mass amount of t's some with guns that are are able to just rush them. The t's can EASLY get into armoury with a secret and kill a CT with guns. I don't think it would be easier if ct areas were autowants. Also how would you define a CT area? An area where ct's hang out most of the time? I understand maps like umbrella with the railings, but what about vipinthemix? Also would this include the st, if a st has a freeday and he just goes onto the catwalk on undertale to use the booster does that mean he's autowant, that would be really cancer towards the st. I'm in the middle with this, I understand that this can make ct a lot of easier but this could also cause a mass amount of problems.
    Last edited by Corrupted; 11-29-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    I don't think ct's will not die if ct areas are "autowant", since most ct's die because there's a mass amount of t's some with guns that are are able to just rush them. The t's can EASLY get into armoury with a secret and kill a CT with guns. I don't think it would be easier if ct areas were autowants. Also how would you define a CT area? An area where ct's hang out most of the time? I understand maps like umbrella with the railings, but what about vipinthemix? Also would this include the st, if a st has a freeday and he just goes onto the catwalk on undertale to use the booster does that mean he's autowant, that would be really cancer towards the st. I'm in the middle with this, I understand that this can make ct a lot of easier but this could also cause a mass amount of problems.
    We never had an issue with anything you brought up. We also had no maps with secrets or vents that led to armory as that reduced the strategy and role play of trying to rebel. STs knew where they could or couldnít go and everything worked out fine. CTs live longer in CT areas than on the same floor as Ts and it reduces the noise of Ďhe didnt warn me to back away in three secondsí.

Of course they could get rushed by a lot of Ts at once but apparently everytime Iíve brought up coordinating a rebellion everyone whines and tells me its not possible which isnít my problem.

If maps dont have CT areas then whatever though thatís poor design as it leads to CTs habitually baiting because thereís no where safe for them to be.

They help CTs move around the map easier but can restrict their safety as if a T runs off to an area not covered or connected by a CT area then they have to leave their safe areas and then they have the chance of being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    We never had an issue with anything you brought up. We also had no maps with secrets or vents that led to armory as that reduced the strategy and role play of trying to rebel. STs knew where they could or couldn’t go and everything worked out fine. CTs live longer in CT areas than on the same floor as Ts and it reduces the noise of ‘he didnt warn me to back away in three seconds’.

Of course they could get rushed by a lot of Ts at once but apparently everytime I’ve brought up coordinating a rebellion everyone whines and tells me its not possible which isn’t my problem.

If maps dont have CT areas then whatever though that’s poor design as it leads to CTs habitually baiting because there’s no where safe for them to be.

They help CTs move around the map easier but can restrict their safety as if a T runs off to an area not covered or connected by a CT area then they have to leave their safe areas and then they have the chance of being killed.
    Soo this was a feature?? When I was writing that, then I thought this wasn't a thing already and this was only problems I thought this could bring up. Also if the ST was a new player how could he know where to go and where to not go. I don't understand what you mean with:
    "If maps dont have CT areas then whatever though that’s poor design as it leads to CTs habitually baiting because there’s no where safe for them to be. ".
    Now with the maps st's couldn't really go anywhere. Let's look at undertale, if a ST wanted to play decath he would have to go to the CT controlls area which you could consider as a ct area and start decath, now he can not do that since he would be auto kos (I'm going to use auto kos since I'm more used to it). You constantly talk about how it WAS, could we now talk about how it is RIGHT NOW. We are not in the past, we are in the present. Just because there wasn't any problems back then doesn't mean there will not be any problems now. Why do you wan't this to be a thing in the first place? Something MUST have happened that you wan't to make this suggestion.

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast